• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing wrong with opinions, but repeating the same opinions, especially the negative ones, gets annoying for readers of this thread. Tongue-in-cheek "in character" posts are also fun for a while but can run their course like anything else.

Look, TNA is legitimately bad. Repeatedly. Every week.

EDIT: New page, so you get Stephanie Prime.
qOdRqHb.jpg

somedevil

Summerslam is going to be such a cruel game of Roulette. All I want is a Brock title match win, and I would reup my contract. But my contract ends before the PPV, so I have to throw my money at the hands of fate (or Vince in this case) hoping that the right thing happens.

I am going to be pretty depressed if I reup for another 6 months, and then a week later I see Cena win clean vs Brock.

When did you sign up because I did it in late February and that should include Summerslam?

Also, here is something interesting its the ratings and buyrates for Raw and Smackdown from 1998-2013:

Year Raw \ Smackdown \ PPVs
1998 4.43 \ ----- \ 4,286,000
1999 5.90 \ 4.37 \ 5,130,000
2000 5.88 \ 4.73 \ 6,474,000
2001 4.64 \ 4.03 \ 5,413,000
2002 4.01 \ 3.52 \ 5,190,000
2003 3.76 \ 3.30 \ 4,410,000
2004 3.67 \ 3.18 \ 4,249,000
2005 3.81 \ 3.04 \ 5,711,000
2006 3.90 \ 2.46 \ 5,240,000
2007 3.61 \ 2.64 \ 4,990,000
2008 3.27 \ 2.33 \ 4,678,000
2009 3.57 \ 1.94 \ 4,241,000
2010 3.28 \ 1.81 \ 3,461,000
2011 3.21 \ 1.95 \ 3,583,000
2012 3.00 \ 1.89 \ 3,815,000
2013 3.01 \ 1.92 \ 3,610,000

Heel

Guys, what if the Cena/Lesnar match isn't for the title? What if the WWE is setting us up for a massive swerve tomorrow night? What if...Cesaro wins?

Cesaro winning could be somewhat interesting, from the standpoint that Heyman would be put in the position to "choose" between his two guys.

Would WWE be dumb enough to let Cesaro spin a monster heel like Brock in circles like a small child? Well, probably.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Do you guys just save these somewhere? I can't even find the Tazz Aces and 8s in the wild.

I have a dropbox folder I keep stocked. It isn't perfect but I've almost always got everything handy.

Unfortunately no. It's the weekend of labor day and there's no way I'll be able to get 3 days off from work. My work already shot down vacation requests from other departments so there's no point in trying. I got lucky 2 years ago and got rewarded with that weekend off, but 3 days is probably a no-go

Gotcha.

Flight and hotel is look like 750 ish. Not to mention car rental and food as well. Bah.

tm24

Gotcha.

Flight and hotel is look like 750 ish. Not to mention car rental and food as well. Bah.

Yeah, usually i stay with my best friend at her apartment, but 3 days is pushing it there. Like I get why it's Labor Day weekend, but ugh, it's so damn expensive.

Cesaro winning could be somewhat interesting, from the standpoint that Heyman would be put in the position to "choose" between his two guys.

Would WWE be dumb enough to let Cesaro spin a monster heel like Brock in circles like a small child? Well, probably.

And little Johnny asks "Mom, who is Cheesesaro?"

So I see WWE.com added some new matches to their 50 Greatest Matchs in RAW History list. Props to them for correctly putting Team Hell No & Kofi vs. The Shield over the Shield/Wyatt match. For some reason though they have the Bryan/Orton street fight but not their classic from December. It's also missing Bryan/Rollins. RAW is Bryan.

Edit: Also, I'd say Punk/Jericho should be on there too. Actually the only match between them I thought was great.

Yeah, usually i stay with my best friend at her apartment, but 3 days is pushing it there. Like I get why it's Labor Day weekend, but ugh, it's so damn expensive.

Yeah, I'm still debating it atm. I would want to chill at the beach, eat at lots of places, and take in the city (LA). I be flying solo as well since my girl can't get any time off for work.

So I see WWE.com added some new matches to their 50 Greatest Matchs in RAW History list. Props to them for correctly putting Team Hell No & Kofi vs. The Shield over the Shield/Wyatt match. For some reason though they have the Bryan/Orton street fight but not their classic from December. It's also missing Bryan/Rollins. RAW is Bryan.

Hmmmm I think another classic Bryan match is coming up at some point, but it may not be a Raw match.

Ithil

Man the commentary on NXT was hot garbage last night. Riley can't even keep his own "wrestling facts" straight, he says Becky Lynch started wrestling when she was 15, but later in the same match he calls her a "rookie", and Renee is just useless, she actively tries to talk about anything but the match. Like after Big Cass' match, the Frenchies appear and come down to the ring to presumably beat him up, and what does Renee say instead of selling confronation? She starts blabbering about their physiques or something.

I don't know what directive they have to teach new commentators, but it sucks.

somedevil

Man the commentary on NXT was hot garbage last night. Riley can't even keep his own "wrestling facts" straight, he says Becky Lynch started wrestling when she was 15, but later in the same match he calls her a "rookie", and Renee is just useless, she actively tries to talk about anything but the match. Like after Big Cass' match, the Frenchies appear and come down to the ring to presumably beat him up, and what does Renee say instead of selling confronation? She starts blabbering about their physiques or something.

I don't know what directive they have to teach new commentators, but it sucks.

Its weird because Saxton and Philips when they call NXT or Main Event they don't do this. Its just strange because Riley and Renee were horrible and completely drowned out the 3rd guy who wanted to call the stuff.

Ithil

Its weird because Saxton and Philips when they call NXT or Main Event they don't do this. Its just strange because Riley and Renee were horrible and completely drowned out the 3rd guy who wanted to call the stuff.

Saxton knows what he's talking about, and Philips seems to have been trained by Regal/Saxton primarily so he can keep up while being the sort of bland white guy they like.

Riley, given he's (reportedly) a trained wrestler doesn't seem to know anything and Renee is simply not a commentator.

XenoRaven

Summerslam is going to be such a cruel game of Roulette. All I want is a Brock title match win, and I would reup my contract. But my contract ends before the PPV, so I have to throw my money at the hands of fate (or Vince in this case) hoping that the right thing happens.

I am going to be pretty depressed if I reup for another 6 months, and then a week later I see Cena win clean vs Brock.
Why not just let your subscription lapse, then if Brock wins you can re-up and watch it on VOD?

I mean, you're betting $60 on Cena not winning a match. Think about that for a second.

After the initial 6 months you're on a month to month contract, so you only need to pay the one month for Summer's Lamb and cancel.

somedevil

Did Swagger throw him into the barricade wrong because usually they take that bump into the barricade on the back. Swagger just tossed him shoulder first hard.

I don't think that's true.

-edit: checked, it is another six months if you auto-renew.

Damn, you're right:

Minimum Subscription Length. All subscriptions to WWE Network are for a minimum of six months and select gift subscriptions are for twelve months. Accordingly, your subscription period begins on the date on which you make your first payment for your paid subscription to WWE Network and ends six months later. If you received a twelve month gift subscription, your subscription period begins on the date on which the subscription was purchased and ends twelve months later. Although we may from time to time offer certain trials to customers, this does not limit the minimum subscription commitment. If you sign up for a Trial Subscription and at the end of your Trial Subscription your subscription is converted into a paid subscription, your paid subscription will be treated as starting on the date on which your subscription was converted to a paid subscription.

Not sure why I expected them to not be dbags.

strobogo

Banned
I just watched the ending of the King Booker/Mysterio WHC title match, and I had a thought. Looking back at its holders, it seemed like a way to give a main title to people who otherwise would never have one. Smaller guys, almost-but-not-quite main eventers, IWC favorites, minorities, Kane. Does that sound accurate?

That's exactly what it was whenever it wasn't on Raw. From 2002-2005, it was the main title. After that, it became the B title for all the guys who wouldn't have a shot at being the face of the company, or as a test to see if they could get to that level. Kind of became the top belt again when Cena held it, but not really. It also ended up being the "You're too popular to be an IC/US champion, but we don't really want to make you the top top guy, so have this and be happy" kind of deal. Or a thanks for the hard work belt.

My favorite raw match...

It's got to be cena/punk pt 3 where punk did a piledriver.

Part 3? It was at least part 8. Everyone forgets they had multiple Raw matches well before the pipe bomb, plus at least 3 (even 2 were triple threats) matches on PPV during Punk's mega reign. Punk vs Cena was the match going on when Nexus debuted, and I'm pretty sure they had had 2-3 matches on Raw in the prior month.

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn, you're right:

Not sure why I expected them to not be dbags.

Don't think it is them trying to be douchebags as much as them realizing that if an average user buys 2 PPV's a year for 60 bucks a pop, tobreak even they need a Network subscriber to stick around for the same amount for a year too.

Now that I'm awake, my favorite finisher/signature move is the People's Elbow. I'm such a huge mark for it despite it being completely useless in everyday situations.
Kane has been getting rid of dead weight like D-Bry and CM Punk all year. Who will the devil's favorite demon, the demon Kane go after next? John Cena? Bork Laser? Cesaro?

...that's a really good way to put it, actually.

Don't think it is them trying to be douchebags as much as them realizing that if an average user buys 2 PPV's a year for 60 bucks a pop, tobreak even they need a Network subscriber to stick around for the same amount for a year too.

I guess I just assumed the industry standard was to lock people in for a commitment period then switch them to month to month. Whatevs.

Top Bottom