• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Greatest moment in TNA history?

Are there any others?

Jos A and Jos B
hqdefault.jpg

Thank you, friend.

Maybe the rest of WrassleGAF will finally like me if I start using the same insider terms they use (e.g: "Buried)", and when I discuss all the inside scoopz they have access too.

I'll save you some money. There's an SBNation blog called Cagesideseats that posts the best rumors from the dirt screens daily.

I still wonder if Spike will air Dixie going through the table. On one hand, they don't like showing men-on-women violence. On the other, TV tapings are proceeding with that being her last thing for a while, so it'd be odd for her to be there one week and gone for a while after. Either way, I don't think Spike was in favor of that.

RP912

Banned
I seriously think that spike is just counting down til the contract expires like the new year's ball is dropping. It's like shit don't even matter no more.

I still wonder if Spike will air Dixie going through the table. On one hand, they don't like showing men-on-women violence. On the other, TV tapings are proceeding with that being her last thing for a while, so it'd be odd for her to be there one week and gone for a while after. Either way, I don't think Spike was in favor of that.

I'm pretty sure Spike execs were at the tapings.

That's uncomfortable. Not only because the fans are super into it and the Dudleys are super into it, but what appears to be the entire roster (faces, heels, and people who have been released multiple times) were cheering it on and then celebrating more than the crowd for a 49 year old woman to get physically injured. Seems like we've moved on from that.

Don't be a pussy. Violence against women is a wrestling tradition, going back to the origins of the sport.

I'm pretty sure Spike execs were at the tapings.

They were. Which makes the idea even worse. Here's some perspective.

And then they shot an angle where, while trying to impress Spike TV executives with hot NY tapings, they went against Spike TV policy when (SPOILER ALERT NOT THAT YOU CARE) Bully Ray (a man) powerbombed Dixie Carter (a woman) through a table. I suppose it's possible this isn't airing, but after being built up for weeks, that would be bizarre unless they wanted to give the crowd the live moment, and someone like ODB will end up putting Dixie through a table on TV. Or they'll milk it for months so Bully Ray can do it at Bound for Glory. Still, on the surface, that doesn't seem wise.

Gorillaz

I've happened upon Girl Meets World and I'm already annoyed with the laugh track. It's as if this show isn't made for me.

Not only is it on Disney channel but it's a different era nowadays. The show most likely won't be as good as the original and it's only real highlight will be all the callbacks they do at the start and when ratings are low

I love how TNA just had to one up WWE.

"Oh shit Steph got thrown in poo on RAW how the hell are we going to top that?"

"Let's put Dixie through a table!"

"Surely that will gain us legitimacy amongst wrestling fans right?"

Vylash

I love how TNA just had to one up WWE.

"Oh shit Steph got thrown in poo on RAW how the hell are we going to top that?"

"Let's put Dixie through a table!"

"Surely that will gain us legitimacy amongst wrestling fans right?"

To be fair, they've been building that spot up for months

RP912

Banned
Reading tna's blunders so far reminds me of the article I read about wcw's blunders during 2000. So far it's to the tee with the exception of giving away free bikes to fill the seats.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Originally, I was reserved and thought Yujiro had limits. That I'd love him to be world champion, but they would know better than that. Now that AJ Styles of all people can get the title, I think Yujiro should be world champion. And Karl. And Goto. And basically everyone but AJ, The Bucks, and the generic hosses they run around with.
Reading tna's blunders so far reminds me of the article I read about wcw's blunders during 2000. So far it's to the tee with the exception of giving away free bikes to fill the seats.

At least 2000 WCW had crazy Hogan screaming KIDMAN!

Originally, I was reserved and thought Yujiro had limits. That I'd love him to be world champion, but they would know better than that. Now that AJ Styles of all people can get the title, I think Yujiro should be world champion. And Karl. And Goto. And basically everyone but AJ, The Bucks, and the generic hosses they run around with.

What's wrong with AJ? I think he's been decent in his role, and his matches with Okada were great.

One of the more embarrassing things about wrestling

Oh please, get out of here with that bullshit. Pretty much any drama on tv has violence against women. GUESS WHAT, ITS NOT REAL. It's a storyline. I guess there should be no violence against women in any form of media right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's wrong with AJ? I think he's been decent in his role, and his matches with Okada were great.

For one, there's a reason Karl talks instead of him. Which says to me, that again, Karl is the one really getting shafted. The other is that I don't think he's shown any improvement anywhere since his TNA days. Daniels got better at cutting promos. Joe doesn't care. AJ just wears a brooding haircut now and still looks and wrestles the exact same.

For one, there's a reason Karl talks instead of him. Which says to me, that again, Karl is the one really getting shafted. The other is that I don't think he's shown any improvement anywhere since his TNA days. Daniels got better at cutting promos. Joe doesn't care. AJ just wears a brooding haircut now and still looks and wrestles the exact same.

I do agree that Karl deserves more, but I think AJ is fine as the leader. I don't think he has shown improvement, but he didn't have to. He was good in the ring from the beginning of his TNA days. And if there's anywhere you can get away with being subpar on the mic but great in the ring, it'd be a country where few understand you anyways.

Joe needs to go back to ROH to wash the TNA stink off and then WWE might hire him. He would be in WWE right now if he never went to TNA.

Vylash

Oh please, get out of here with that bullshit. Pretty much any drama on tv has violence against women. GUESS WHAT, ITS NOT REAL. It's a storyline. I guess there should be no violence against women in any form of media right?

Man on woman violence is the problem

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to watch a dumb 80s movie tonight. Not like a quality 80s movie but a real dumb one. Like the movie equivalent of Dancing on the Ceiling.

Top Bottom