• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even though Kiss From A Rose doesn't fit the theme of the movie whatsoever.

Also, if ya'll like Batman and Robin, you should watch Corman's Fantastic Four. It's like a better camp movie with a lower budget.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
10 times better than Tom Hardy's best work
bane%20hat.jpg

Batman Returns is the worst Batman movie. There's something gross about it, like a horror movie, it scarred me for a while. Ironically, I had a Batman Returns t-shirt.

i need to rewatch B&R. I haven't seen it in at least a decade. I bought into the fact that it was awful for too long, but most of the haters are probably mad that it isn't dark enough

i need to rewatch B&R. I haven't seen it in at least a decade. I bought into the fact that it was awful for too long, but most of the haters are probably mad that it isn't dark enough

The movie doesn't take itself too seriously, and neither should the viewer. It's not trying to send some profound message, and you shouldn't criticize it for it. It's just fun. Take it for what it is.

Internet movie nerds are fucking weird. The absolute vitriol this movie gets I'll never understand.

Gorillaz

Wow, this thread has gone off the deep end. I fear John Cena may kill the territory tomorrow.

Thread is acting like this because they have come to terms with the fact Cena is winning. At least they should realize it's either that or someone like Cesaro will win and drop it to Cena in a month.
Ladder match will be fun so whatever

I never got all the hype about Michelle Pfeiffer's looks either.

Kim Basinger? Eh.
Nicole Kidman? OK.
Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman? Yes!
Katie Holmes? Not bad.
Maggie Gyllenhaal? Heck no!
Marion Cotillard? Yep.
Anne Hathaway? OK.

gurudyne

This is incorrect. Heat is still DOPE. I watched it again recently. It's rad. All Mann movies are rad, though.

Even Miami Vice?

For real, friend. Something is just really sinister about that movie. I don't like it.

Missile penguins. There is no God.

Actually, for me it was Penguin's biology. He eats raw fish, his physiology is disturbing to look at especially at the end when he's in tights, he bleed-vomits a greenish-black ichor, is paler than Paige and has a feral quality about him. That he uses tools with a child-like aesthetic (saturated carnival-esque colors on toy trains and rubber ducks) to perform his evil plan at the end just adds to the nightmare quality.

Wow, this thread has gone off the deep end. I fear John Cena may kill the territory tomorrow.

Bane from Batman and Robin is wearing a lucha mask. We are perfectly on topic.

strobogo

Banned
Batman Returns is the worst Batman movie. There's something gross about it, like a horror movie, it scarred me for a while. Ironically, I had a Batman Returns t-shirt.

For real, friend. Something is just really sinister about that movie. I don't like it.

I kind of agree. It's a weird, dark, fetishy movie. A main plot line of the movie is the Penguin wanting to kill all the first born sons of Gotham, from babies to elderly, as long as they were born first. This was a movie that had Happy Meal toys. I don't know why Burton did those movies, as he clearly gave no fucks about the character of Batman whatsoever, and I don't think even had any knowledge or back ground of Batman. He should have just asked to make a Joker solo movie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of agree. It's a weird, dark, fetishy movie. A main plot line of the movie is the Penguin wanting to kill all the first born sons of Gotham, from babies to elderly, as long as they were born first. This was a movie that had Happy Meal toys. I don't know why Burton did those movies, as he clearly gave no fucks about the character of Batman whatsoever, and I don't think even had any knowledge or back ground of Batman. He should have just asked to make a Joker solo movie.

Best thing about Burton's Batman movies is that he DOESN'T focus on Batman. Batman is a reserved character who shouldn't be in the spotlight the whole movie. It's why he has such a strong rogues gallery. Because the villains are developed more than the hero because that's the kind of character Batman is.

tm24

Best thing about Burton's Batman movies is that he DOESN'T focus on Batman. Batman is a reserved character who shouldn't be in the spotlight the whole movie. It's why he has such a strong rogues gallery. Because the villains are developed more than the hero because that's the kind of character Batman is.
I really wish more batman media would take the Gotham Central approach of people living in batman's world

Uh, probably the same reason Nolan did them - to get carte blanche in the studio system.

I don't give a fuck about Burton, but I like Returns because it's a one shot, warped, Christmas movie but still ties it back to Batman.

strobogo

Banned
I never got all the hype about Michelle Pfeiffer's looks either.

Kim Basinger? Eh.
Nicole Kidman? OK.
Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman? Yes!
Katie Holmes? Not bad.
Maggie Gyllenhaal? Heck no!
Marion Cotillard? Yep.
Anne Hathaway? OK.

Fuck. Two posts on the same page where I agree with Bean? I think Hathaway was pretty sexy in TDKR. Better than ok. Most of the time, at least. Outside of that movie, I think she's ok.

Sure. But Tim Burton didn't read the source material and treated his Batman as a nearly completely different character. I'm surprised he didn't carry glocks.

gurudyne

3 was the only Spiderman I saw, but I don't get why everyone hated it, it was really fun

Compared to the first two, the pacing was rushed and the characters weren't as well fleshed out. They also drummed up drama from Uncle Ben's death again, which was unnecessary and reeked of aimless retcon, which is what it ended up being. Also, the Harry-Peter conflict that had been building since the first film ended up spinning its wheels for a good length of time due to an amnesia plot device in favor of a Venom storyline that was underwhelming and emo!Parker. Also also, the ending died on an atonal note. Basically, all the conflicts people wanted to see were flubbed.

The fight scenes and Sandman were pretty damned good though.

Top Bottom