• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Showaddy

I still can't believe Bean offered to work that fight but the company demanded a shoot fight. Someone legit wanted Bart killed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why did psycho sid not have a manager?

Because he was the next Hulk Hogan, brother.
tumblr_n7vgpr5l3I1rka1sjo1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's guys in movies and shows who can pull off the flirty playboy angle real well. With Shatner, he just comes off as a creepy predator. He's not charming, he's not that good looking even in his prime, and he just says some of the most awkward shit. Plus, he's short.

Shatner was on WWE once so shut up.

The movie doesn't take itself too seriously, and neither should the viewer. It's not trying to send some profound message, and you shouldn't criticize it for it. It's just fun. Take it for what it is.

Internet movie nerds are fucking weird. The absolute vitriol this movie gets I'll never understand.

Clooney is also a better Batman than Bale. Better Bruce, though? Probably not, especially since there was so little of Clooney's Bruce on-screen to begin with.

Kilmer wasn't a bad Bruce.

Alucard

Banned
So how's everybody doin tonight?

Had my daughter's second bday party...a tooooon of work, but worth it in the end. We did a Hello Kitty themed garden party in the backyard and had around 10 1-5 year olds running around the place. It was fun.

Now, I'm tired but woke up to turn on the AC and post this from the toilet. Wee.

Had my daughter's second bday party...a tooooon of work, but worth it in the end. We did a Hello Kitty themed garden party in the backyard and had around 10 1-5 year olds running around the place. It was fun.

Now, I'm tired but woke up to turn on the AC and post this from the toilet. Wee.

should've done a WCW 92 themed party for your kid. Nothing gets the toddlers pumped than Vader!

living in SF i see toddlers play with ipads and are just husks nowadays. damn that bray wyatt.

happy birthday to the little tyke btw!

Duncan friend, just calm down. They put Bryan on the pre-show for a reason.

i need a bryan hotline for all my wrasslin needs.

or a really sick youtube playlist of all his matches.

From the Observer for Duncan friend:

Bryan’s interview is being put there to try and get a big audience of non-buyers for the pre-game show, and likely shoot an angle or do something with that time to try and get late buys.

And keep in mind who's drawing:

The other tour opened on 6/21 in Reading, PA, before 3,000 fans. 6/22 in Newark, DE, drew 2,000 fans. The Blue tour crowds are noticeably down without Bryan headlining and with Orton and the former Shield as the top guys.

It aint fucking Orton.

callin it now

ambrose does the dirty deeds on rollins off a ladder.

or

rollins does his curb stomp thing off a ladder

either move will be dangerous and completely fuckin cool

KJ869

Summer Rae was horrible in latest Countdown. She realy seemed to claim to been manager for Fandango and that she has personality..

DiscoJon

Banned
vickie-guerrero-and-chris-jericho-get-into-an-excuse-me-shouting-match-5178.gif

Fave Five Guerreros:

Cinco. Gory Guerrero
200px-Gory_Guerrero.jpg

Cuatro. Hector Guerrero
hector-guerrero-pictures-04.jpg

Tres. Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
2.jpg

Dos. Eddie Guerrero
eddie_guerrero.jpg

Uno. Vicki Guerrero
wwe-raw-results-26085861_crop_exact.jpg

Mención de honor. Pepé Guerrero
chavo36.jpg

VIVA LA RAZA!
tumblr_n7nt8mUFRM1tu4l8io3_500.gif

Sblargh

Banned
One unamed source said Bryan rulz, other unamed source says Bryan sux; there are people on WWE who like Cena, Orton and Sheamus and there are people who don't.

Sometimes I think people "leak" stuff as a practical joke. Or simply to use the internet as a focus group for ideas they are trying out.

Into

Mike Sempervive is still fucking the audio up on the Observer, for fucks sake. The audio is completely off balance in his show with Dave

Either you can barely hear what Mike is saying, and have Dave sound normal

Or hear Mike and have Dave blast your speakers into hundreds of pieces.

Not even Bruce Mitchell fucks this up

/rant

Aiii

So not worth it
MONEY IN THE BANK PREDICTION TIME!

Undercard short predictions:
Daniel Bryan cuts pre-show promo: It's not a good promo. Crowd goes YES!
Curtis Axel & Ryback vs. Goldust & Stardust: Seems obvious. Stardust is the best thing that could have happened to Cody.
Summer Rae vs. Layla (Special Referee: Fandango): I believe Summer is supposed to be the good girl in this, so there you go.
Rusev vs. Big E: Last PPV these two had a four minute match that Rusev dominated, so naturally they're doing another one...?
WWE Divas Championship: Paige (c) vs. Naomi: Cameron turns on Naomi and costs her the match.
WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan: Usos are bland and hardly noticable. Wyatt's got their own theme last week. There you go.

MAIN CARD MATCHES (I will list each entrant seperately and give my thoughts):
20140617_EP_LIGHT-Match-Rollins_Kofi_RVD_Ziggler_Ambrose_Barret_Swagger_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Money In The Bank Contract Ladder Match: Kofi Kingston vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Jack Swagger vs. Bad News Barrett
Kofi Kingston: Will flipflop in and around stuff, will lose like the jobber he is.
Dolp Ziggler: Will flipflop in and around stuff, will lose like the jobber he is.
Rob Van Dam: Will flipflop in and around stuff, will lose like the jobber he is.
Jack Swagger: They needed another body, there he is. Will lose.
Seth Rollins: Has been good as the heel, amazing in the ring and just lots of fun all around. Has a good chance of winning this, but I feel it's still a bit too soon for Rollins to hold the WWE Title, even if they spend half a year building him up. So while he has a good chance of winning this, I don't think it's happening just yet.
Dean Ambrose: How weird is it that Ambrose is the face in the Rollins vs. Ambrose feud? Well honestly, not very. Both guys have been killing it. Ambrose crazy off-the-handle demeanor works surprisingly well as a face. The last five to ten minutes of this match will focus heavily on Ambrose vs. Rollins, and I'm expecting a huge ladder bump for Rollins to give Ambrose the briefcase.
Winner of the MITB Briefcase: Dean Ambrose

20140616_LIGHT_Match_DelRio_Sheamus_Orton_Bray_Cesaro_Cena_Reigns_Kane_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match: Kane vs. Sheamus vs. Alberto del Rio vs. Cesaro vs. Roman Reigns vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt
Kane: Ugh. Shouldn't be in this match. I was hoping Corporate Kane was a sign for the old man to retire from in-ring but here we are with more THE DEMON KANE shenanigans. Fuck off with that shit, next to nobody was waiting for this.
Sheamus: Midcard forever fella.
Alberto Del Rio: Midcard forever muchacho.
Cesaro: One of the outsiders to take this thing. They've cooled down Cesaro somewhat recently because, well, they can't be pushing too many new guys all at once in WWE. Why, only WWE and their 7 hours of weekly programming knows, but there you go. Still, Cesaro along with Heyman could have a 1 month reign for the hell of it, before being fed to Cena or Brock at the next PPV.
Bray Wyatt: Beaten clean by Cena three times, but somehow managed to stay over. That's not something many people can claim. Has a chance to take the belt, but I feel that a one month reign wouldn't really help him, so I don't see it happening just yet.
Randy Orton: Just came off of a long reign that was unsuccesful. He didn't draw house show numbers as champ, he drew terrible PPV numbers and quite frankly nobody gave a shit about Randy Orton except some girls crushing on the guy, but they've moved on to Roman anyways, so fuck Randy Orton. Orton winning is bad for business, so it won't happen.
John Cena: Announcers like to talk about one in seven (eight since Kane got added) odds of winning this match, but with John Cena in a match there is always at least a 4 out of 5 chance John Cena wins the match. If it's a title match I'd put that closer to 90%. So with SummerSlam coming up, Cena will go in as champion.
Roman Reigns: Could win the belt here, but that's just too soon. They need to build him up more and more and have him win the Rumble instead. He'll be booked strong in the match, but in the end will come up just short due to Orton/Kane shenanigans.
New WWE World Heavyweight Champion: John Cena

Striker

And keep in mind who's drawing:

It aint fucking Orton.
Heels won't be meaningful draws unless you're Hogan with the nWo or Andre.

Even so, while Orton's a decent worker, he's boring as fuck. The Viper gimmick sucks and is overdone by now. His feud with Bryan was terrible and was basically a lackey/goof/sidekick for Triple H, and that's why no one took him seriously.

Was going to write up predictions, but I heard the results from an "inside source" backstage based on the fall in the WWE stock price.

Inside Source Spoilers

Daniel Bryan is cutting a decent promo, Cena comes out to help him finish it off. Crowd goes YES! in time with Cena.
Curtis Axel & Ryback vs. Goldust & Stardust: Goldust and Stardust are winning, but then an accidental bump pits them against each other. Before it comes to blows, Cena comes out and pulls them back together as a team for the win.
Summer Rae vs. Layla (Special Referee: Fandango): Before the match, Cena comes out and the girls decide to fight over him instead. It ends in a non-contest as they both chase Cena who runs off. It is unsure who has the girliest run.
Rusev vs. Big E: Rusev dominates the match until a surprise interruption by Cena. He doesn't get involved in the match directly, he just points out from the stage how awesome the USA is and how it can't be beaten. Rusev has no choice but to agree and lays down for the clean loss.
WWE Divas Championship: Paige (c) vs. Naomi: The match is interrupted by the surprise return of ... AJ Lee. But she can't get involved, because announces she is pregnant with John Cena's child. This distraction allows Paige to scream to a one move victory.
WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan: The match goes to a no-contest when the Wyatts fail to show up, knowing that even with Bray they couldn't beat Cena in the last three matches, so logically have no chance against the Usos. They decide to stand around backstage and watch the rest of the night instead. They don't choose to stand all night watching TV screens, it is just that a cheeky Cena stole all their chairs.

Money In The Bank Contract Ladder Match: The highlight of this match is when Kofi leaps across the entire ring after riding a ladder, only to be upstaged by surprise entrant Cena, who leaps across the entire ring, without using a ladder while carrying another ladder, with Dolph Ziggler hanging onto it.

Cena gets the briefcase and teases a cash in later in the show!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match: No surprise to see Cena win this easily, after all the other members rise up against him only to be beaten down together, then one on one and then together once more at the end.

Cena then cashes in on the new champion Cena. Against these odds, Cena looks like losing but eventually wins, becoming the new champion once more. The show goes off the air with Cena's music playing as he shakes hands with Cena and promises a rematch in an "I Quit" match at the next 7 PPVs.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '92 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-

I can't help but feel that some of my all-time favorites underperformed at this event. :(

DiscoJon

Banned
Well he's only four feet tall and has little majesty, so it makes sense.

I love how in Wrasslin' being 5'11 is considered a midget. I'm 5'11.5 and I'm taller than most people. It's all about proper stance and posture, people!
good-posture.jpg

posture-perfect.jpg

"A good stance and posture reflect a proper state of mind." -Morihei Ueshiba

Hasney

That's mental, just finished part 2 of the Heyman/Edge Jericho podcast and then he says the guest on a special YouTube podcast is a guy from my old forums that's battling cancer. I was still posting there when he met him backstage and he had a couple of photos, but they must have really hit it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvudu8xfOKo

Top Bottom