• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

strobogo

Banned
Guys, I'm ashamed to admit I quit on my bike ride today. I was 5 miles from home. I had gone 32 to that point. I just couldn't go any longer. Terrible headache, felt like I was going to throw up, terrible cramp in my left hip if I sat in a certain spot for more than 3 seconds. I tapped out. It's 87 degrees, dew point is 70%. Was I about to have a heat stroke?

I stopped at an entrance to a neighborhood and a little girl saw me laying over a rock trying not to pass out and gave me a bottle of ice cold water. It was nice. My body just couldn't go any longer. I couldn't stay hyped.

Guys, I'm ashamed to admit I quit on my bike ride today. I was 5 miles from home. I had gone 32 to that point. I just couldn't go any longer. Terrible headache, felt like I was going to throw up, terrible cramp in my left hip if I sat in a certain spot for more than 3 seconds. I tapped out. It's 87 degrees, dew point is 70%. Was I about to have a heat stroke?

I stopped at an entrance to a neighborhood and a little girl saw me laying over a rock trying not to pass out and gave me a bottle of ice cold water. It was nice. My body just couldn't go any longer. I couldn't stay hyped.

Quitter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Stay Hydrated, friend. Bring a giant ass water thermos with you at all times on a bike trip.

Hah, I was just to the right of there on the back wall. Great show, but the heat killed me by the main event. Devitt vs Havoc was awesome, so cool to see Devitt's last indie match. Also, Samoa Joe vs Rampage should be amazing.
The last 3 Rev Pro shows I went to I felt so ill by the end, but I was fine tonight. I guess it's a combination of the shitty ring, heat and their no drinks policy.

But yeah, the show was awesome, buy it when it's out people.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I do and I did. I carry a backpack with 1.75 liters of water in it on all my rides, and I stopped to get a Gatorade today as well.

Hmmm...have you been drinking anything with a lot of caffeine recently? I stay hydrated myself when I go distance walking/bike riding and one time I got headaches and cramps like that and eventually figured out it was from caffeine withdrawal.

How's your hand, Duncan? No ... over use?

it's to the point where i can see it healing now, unlike the last week where i thought there was zero progress and thought my wrist is forever fucked. it's never gonna be 100 percent, but it feels like 60 now.

no longer too dependent on the sling without feeling paralyzed.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I forgot just how much everyone posted and how easy it is to suddenly be a dozen pages behind.

Between World Cup games I finally finished off the ROH PPV. Very good stuff even I'm not that into ROH these days.

Still I want to change my mind on a few of the guys beyond just this event, so anyone have any suggestions for good Michael Elgin and Silas Young matches for me to watch. The later I know did okay in Evolve last year, but didn't stick in my memories that well.

tumblr_mc82flrNTs1r9nj3fo1_500.jpg

It's 8:45 AM crippled by insomnia and WHAT DO I DO, JEEEZUS...

WATCH YouTube clips of "Are You Serious?" featuring PUPPET H!!!
tumblr_m8l9s4OPul1qf5m9vo1_250.gif

I'm hoping that someday Josh Matthews and Puppet H get back together on Booker T's wrestling promotion. Great commentary they can have.

just a few hours til i go see money in the bank, my first WWE live event which is long overdue, time to get hyped at TD garden

i hope i can buy a Wyatt sheep mask B^)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nakamo and blaze have a great match at Summerslam 94.

Aye, good stuff. I really liked the build up to it as well with Vachon trying and failing so many times before hand on her own, then seeing in that match some of the same tactics Blaze won with failing.

Shame I never really care for anything else Blaze did.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've never watched a MITB PPV. Should I watch on an old one first, or just go in RAW?

You mean as a match type or just in general? They're pretty much spotfests that you talk about for like a month then forget about completely. No one's favorite match is a MITB match. Can pretty much be enjoyed solely in gif format.

strobogo

Banned
Just join in tonight, like he said it's a spotfest

I want to see those gifs tho when I get out of work. Stro or somebody should be on it tonight.

I don't like giffing live stuff because then I miss what is going on and get behind. I think Bootaaaaaaaay usually gets them posted in the thread while the show is going on.

gurudyne

I've never watched a MITB PPV. Should I watch on an old one first, or just go in RAW?

It's a standard ladder match with several contenders instead of two. Winner trades the briefcase in for a title match anytime in the following year, which usually means "right after the champion's been knocked almost unconscious". If you want to watch an old MitB, watch 2011's, (then skip to the main event.)

Writing this post got me curious, so I looked it up and there has been at least one time where the winner of a MitB match cashed in the briefcase at the PPV itself.

DiscoJon

Banned
Insomnia post 1:40pm. Finally falling asleep. U Jerks no sellingy my awesome fave five posts hate you guyz will hav revenge believe in da shield I'm only hppy when it Raighns...

:::dies:::

Halfway through Feb 2002.

FMW show was fun, odd and sad. As with most Japanese shows I had no idea what was going on, not because of the commentary but just a general lack of understanding of what had gone on before. However, I realised that didn't mean much at all so stopped caring.

There were some decent matches, some odd matches. I think I would have liked FMW A LOT back in my teenage years, so I'm disappointed I didn't get into them sooner. Although, if what Bootaaay says is right and there weren't really a Deathmatch CHIKARA then I'm not so sure. For some reason the idea of a quirky not-so-serious Deathmatch promotion seems really intriguing to me.

WWF has been mixed bag so far, I'm up to No Way Out and the NWO haven't shown yet. There's been little clips about their arrival, but they haven't shown. It's almost odd that they're keeping something big for a PPV to get you to buy it, it seems such a foreign concept these days.
Excited to see NWO again, even if I know it doesn't last long.

Stone Cold finally has something to do and his chemistry with Jericho is kinda good, but I'm just not buying into Jericho's reign as Undisputed Champion. It just feels... weak. I don't know why.
I think if they played it up that he fluked the win, I might have enjoyed his heel antics more. But it's like mid/late-90s Cruiserweight Jericho suddenly being Undisputed Champion. I don't know what that feels wrong, but it does. He's too 'goofy' and not Kurt Angle goofy.

HHH and Stephanie McMahon are amazing, even if it does end up with HHH going into Bury Mode at some point (I stopped watching around 2002/2003 so missed the most of it). However his return has been pretty great and the crowd love it.
Steph is on another level though. The whole pregnancy angle and renewing of the vows. Damn.

Undertaker and Maven is comedy gold.

William Regal and his brass knucks is awesome. Wade Barrett should 'borrow' that gimmick.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
When David the Gnome is on the pre-show, if he is asked who will win and strokes his beard and talks in that dumb sarcastic voice that he liked to do, I will stop watching forever.

Top Bottom