• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

DB4KYvAVYAQJgRl

We never did get a match between them.

It would be a shame if we never did.

Browny

Banned
Obligatory and highly necessary Friday giffery:

mrmix9Y.gif

I am getting completely hammered tomorrow, all-day drinkies at the cricket.

Sephzilla

The fact that people think SF4 revived the genre just goes to show you that most of the FGC has a cognitive bias towards Capcom fighters

Egg0

Banned
The fact that people think SF4 revived the genre just goes to show you that most of the FGC has a cognitive bias towards Capcom fighters

I think it was more of a bias towards Street Fighter more than Capcom. It had been almost a decade since a new SF came out when SF4 did. Plus I think Tatsunoko vs. Capcom came out on the Wii and no one gave a shit. While the "it's the Wii" factor is still there, I don't think anyone would've cared if it was also on PS3/360. Also when HD Remix came out, there was a period where it was hot and heavy in the scene.

Sephzilla

I think it was more of a bias towards Street Fighter more than Capcom. It had been almost a decade since a new SF came out when SF4 did. Plus I think Tatsunoko vs. Capcom came out on the Wii and no one gave a shit. While the "it's the Wii" factor is still there, I don't think anyone would've cared if it was also on PS3/360. Also when HD Remix came out, there was a period where it was hot and heavy in the scene.

I think it's Capcom in general. Case in point: EVO kept giving Marvel 3 a primetime spot even though its viewership and entrant numbers have been nosediving for years

I am finding I couldnt really give any fucks about E3 this year. Not sure I have heard about much outside of smaller and indie games I care about in the near future.

I think StarCrawlers might be my favorite game this year, so far.

T.v

I am finding I couldnt really give any fucks about E3 this year. Not sure I have heard about much outside of smaller and indie games I care about in the near future.

I think StarCrawlers might be my favorite game this year, so far.

I have been that way for the past two years. I still like gaming, but don't follow everything surrounding it nearly as much as I used to. I'll still catch the sony conference if it's at a decent time here.

Raw64life

I wasn't hyped at all for E3 last year but since I'm going this year I'm pretty hyped. As long as I get to play Mario Odyssey and it delivers I'll be happy.

Fighting games were pretty dead before SFIV came along. Although now they're trying to kill it again with the ridiculous DLC/season model that every fighter. Fighting games are easily the worst case of DLC abuse in all of gaming. Stop selling me half a fucking game. I want the whole thing on the disc. I'll probably be picking up SFV in 2020 and MvC: Infinite in 2022 at this rate.

Sephzilla

Man the Capcom bias runs deep.

Tekken, Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, and even fucking Mortal Kombat were doing perfectly fine while Street Fighter was on hiatus

XenoRaven

Fighting game tournaments would not be on ESPN right now without SF4. Say what you want about the game or the genre as a whole, but the game was a huge shot in the arm for the competitive scene.

I give credit to Markman and Mad Catz as well for making quality arcade sticks at reasonable prices and making them readily available for the community.

I hope they put Chun-Li in Tekken 7. Someone needs to get some of these characters away from Capcom while they sort their shit out.

Recall

All of the other major fighting game devs were consistently making fighting games inbetween SF3 and SF4. Capcom was the only one who wasn't active at the time.

SF4 sold more copies than the combined total of other fighting games that came out from SF3 to SF4.

The only people who played fighting games were the hardcore then SF4 brought the mainstream appeal and boom, resurgence with the masses.

Sephzilla

Fighting game tournaments would not be on ESPN right now without Twitch.

FTFY

The rise of live-streaming is honestly what helped boom the genre more than Street Fighter coming back. The tournament scene overall got a lot of exposure it never had before.

SF4 sold more copies than the combined total of other fighting games that came out from SF3 to SF4.

[citation needed]

because a lot of games came out between SF3 and SF4

XenoRaven

FTFY

The rise of live-streaming is honestly what helped boom the genre more than Street Fighter coming back. The tournament scene overall got a lot of exposure it never had before.

[citation needed]

because a lot of games came out between SF3 and SF4
Live streaming is the biggest factor. But I promise you, no major cable network was going to televise Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Tekken, GG, etc, without SF4's success.

Are you combining Super, Arcade, and Ultra into that mix? Because Vanilla SF4 only sold like 4 or 5 million. MK9 matched vanilla SF4's sales
Because they saw the popularity of 2D fighting games thanks to SF4 and pulled their heads out of their asses and stopped making those mediocre 3d titles.
I enjoyed deception immensely.

Man Splatoon music works so well with Botchamania. Im glad another is coming out just for more music. Nintendo music in general seems to work really well for wrestlers botching.

Top Bottom