• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Soon
_vector__the_6_star_dragon_ball_by_cosmic_dash-d8rxn0j.png

Zach

The Punker's had a couple good-ish flying elbows here at the end of 2012.

most intresting thing they probably did post pipebomb?
You asking me? I dunno. I'm liking Daniel Bryan a lot, even within the stupid storylines. Or are you talking just CM Punk? He's had some good matches with the aforementioned Daniel Bryan that's more fun than anything Ryback is doing.

Zach

FEED
ME
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM

FEED
ME

FEED
ME

Dynedom

Austin blowing up the DX Express was fantastic. So was that entire night and the buildup to that reveal. Rock's handover to that segment.

Menome

I don't want to be the Purveyor of Filth anymore. I didn't understand the weight, the pressure. I was mad with power, lust in my eyes. #SendForTheMenome

I'll take it back.

If you give the Brenemies your shot at the GWF Tag-Team Titles.

XenoRaven

For fuck's sake the english commentary on the Road to Dominion show was especially terrible. What fetid 90s ECW sinkhole did they drag Don Callis from? I haven't watched any New Japan since Okada defended against Suzuki so I had no idea his style had evolved from lethargic and uninformed to pandering Russo-esque smark wankery.

The english commentary has never been exceptional; even JR needed a few hours of Wrestle Kingdom to get in the zone. This was the first time I've ever felt the product was actively ruined by the commentary ruined, though. Stryker and Corino also pandered to smarky horseshit but Callis makes them look like Bob Caudle.

This dude is throwing out words like gimmick, pop, spot and even fucking kayfabe every other sentence and provides no actual color or psychology for the match. One time he just randomly said kayfabe to himself with zero context or follow up. He's more interested in letting viewers know that he was a C+ Canadian in a shit stain of a company 20 years ago than embelleshing any current match on the show. And Kevin Kelly sure isn't a gem, either. Listening to their apathetic inside joke self-fellating looney tunes bullshit while watching workers in the ring try to present a stiff and passionate product comes off insulting and dissonant in the same way that an entire episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 trying to riff on Schindler's List would.

JR layed the law on Stryker for using the term "swerved" once. If he was sharing the booth with these chucklefucks he'd be lashing them with his belt, throwing shoes, and foaming at the mouth.
To be fair, this is a company that employs the Young Bucks.

XenoRaven

yall final fantasy 15 sucks
Just a mish mash of half baked ideas.

Square doesn't want to make turn based RPGs anymore, but they don't want FF to be a full action RPG, so they just throw some amalgamation of the two genres together and out comes something that somehow has the flaws of both and the benefits of neither.

Menome

Square doesn't want to make turn based RPGs anymore, but they don't want FF to be a full action RPG, so they just throw some amalgamation of the two genres together and out comes something that somehow has the flaws of both and the benefits of neither.

I too look forward to the FFVII Remake.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I mean that's fine

but Kingdom Hearts, another Square game, has better combat. And that's over a decade old

Is today the day of tourney based ULTRAVIOLENCE?!

yall final fantasy 15 sucks

Just beat this game too. Shit.
Backburner status confirmed.

I beat that game and I had no clue wtf even happened.

One of those games I felt I had to play for whatever reason. Same with The Last Guardian.

I finally went through this one last month, as usual the emotions were overstated by gaming side.
Solid but not spectacular, SotC remains the only great ueda title.

Zach

My god! Roman Reigns and his associates have just attacked Ryback at Survivor Series! :O

They look dumb. Their attire is bad.

hamsjams

To be fair, this is a company that employs the Young Bucks.

Thankfully, the Young Bucks aren't on camera for the entirety of the show though. And often their chicanery plays into their match and gets their ass kicked. Callis' schtick adds nothing to the match he's calling, is even more blatantly shrill in its wankery, and lasts the whole damn show.

It's like The Young Bucks talking for three straight hours with Vince Russo in their ear. That thought should be enough to make any stomach turn.

edit: I just remembered that on one of the few instances where he actually tried to call the match he had a Michael Cole "I think and speak only in soundbytes" moment and described a prone Okada as "out on his feet". Just the worst.

Great article here:

http://www.fightful.com/pro-wrestling-culture-blind-followership-lack-creative-thought

Outstanding segment from start to finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMXsenk8TqE

Always loved that jumping punch shane-o landed on hhh. One of those segments that sticks in your mind.

yeah the english commentary on the new japan shows are the absolute shits

they need mauro in there asap

I expect Mauro will be axs only. :/

For now I'll continue to watch the japanese commentary with shinpei nogami. Can't understand 90% of it, but they at least have passion in the right spots and elevate the matches.

Top Bottom