• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Thats the one thing about being a wrestling fan in Aus. NJPW is on at a great time.

WWE stuff being on at 10 AM or whatever is a pain. Makes ot hard to organize a party or whatever.

Yeah would be fine if they did PPV's on Saturday rather than Sunday :(

Lucky I gave up WWE this year, NJPW schedule much easier to catch live so far.

Syder

9SmEiqm.jpg

What an extremely well crafted match. Okada having an insane year in terms of match quality.

Are they going to hold Okada/Omega 3 for WK12? Hype level would justify it.

Syder

I have to wonder if Meltzer will double down and give that match 6 stars too.

I think the first had better spots and flow overall but I was so much more invested by the the final third of today's match.

What a great show, disappointed Takahashi isn't Champ anymore but now Kushida has a chance to prove himself... and Tanahashi/Naito finally delivered!

Fucking Cody lmao
G1Hype.gif
HCKY8r3.gif

I have to wonder if Meltzer will double down and give that match 6 stars too.

I think the first had better spots and flow overall but I was so much more invested by the the final third of today's match.

What a great show, disappointed Takahashi isn't Champ anymore but now Kushida has a chance to prove himself... and Tanahashi/Naito finally delivered!
I thought this was WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY better.

That was fucking awesome. The last two matches were on another level.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

I honestly don't know if I could take watching part 3. I thought I was going to die for the last 20 minutes there.

Recall

Fuck Cody.

He was fucking awful tonight.

He doesn't fit into anything outside of the WWE style. Shelton Benjamin was the same.

Giant Bernard/Albert is the only WWE wrestler who has the talent to adapt and improve, so many just get stuck in a routine and never seem to know how to improve or feel the need to.

He doesn't fit into anything outside of the WWE style. Shelton Benjamin was the same.

Giant Bernard/Albert is the only WWE wrestler who has the talent to adapt and improve, so many just get stuck in a routine and never seem to know how to improve or feel the need to.

He was so pathetic challenging and insulting Okada... it was like a ten year old basketball fan insulting Micheal Jordan

Foggy

LA is definitely going to be a strange couple of cards. We know Okada vs Cody, KUSHIDA vs BUSHI, and the tournament. Random defenses for the three tag titles. Can Tana even wrestle at the show? What does Kenny do outside of a random multi tag? Same for Naito. Still excited but this layout is less than ideal.

LA is definitely going to be a strange couple of cards. We know Okada vs Cody, KUSHIDA vs BUSHI, and the tournament. Random defenses for the three tag titles. Can Tana even wrestle at the show? What does Kenny do outside of a random multi tag? Same for Naito. Still excited but this layout is less than ideal.

Kenny and Naito for the USA title?

It's going to be probably one of their worst "big" shows of the year lol.

Recall

The USA show will be rough as they know they can book any card and it will draw. Plus the fans just want a place to yell their chants and clap along so I wouldn't be surprised if it's treated like a glorified house/Indy show.

I assume Naito wins the G1, Omega beats him before WK12 to take his title shot. I wonder if Kenny would push for a triple threat....

The USA show will be rough as they know they can book any card and it will draw. Plus the fans just want a place to yell their chants and clap along so I wouldn't be surprised if it's treated like a glorified house/Indy show.

Yeah that's my expectation. Okada will destroy Cody.

Foggy

Kenny and Naito for the USA title?

They won't be in that tournament. I'm sure it'll be Juice or an RoH guy.

It's going to be probably one of their worst "big" shows of the year lol.

Also the timing isn't great. What star is going to go 100% when the grueling G1 is a month later? People worked themselves into thinking this was a big step when it's just a small, necessary first step.

They won't be in that tournament. I'm sure it'll be Juice or an RoH guy.

Also the timing isn't great. What star is going to go 100% when the grueling G1 is a month later? People worked themselves into thinking this was a big step when it's just a small, necessary first step.

I kinda hope Cody vs Okada just fully sucks. Just to end this Cody is a big deal fantasy

He was fine as a mid card indie guy but getting to be part of Okada's year of quality... please.

Lol people trying to argue that Cody is gonns be a big TV draw... didn't do shit for TNA... isn't going to do shit for NJPW.

Cody is like Jack Swagger tier

I feel like it took longer for me to turn on Cody before the rest of WrassleGAF but now I hate him more than most.

I hated everything he did tonight.

They needed a challenger for Okada for the last real show before G1, already used Fale and Suzuki, Naito and Tana will likely be busy, and if Kenny ever gets match 3 it sure ain't going to be there/so soon after

I don't like it, but it's clear why they did it, and at least now he can't be the first US champ like everyone predicted

I kinda hope Cody vs Okada just fully sucks. Just to end this Cody is a big deal fantasy

He was fine as a mid card indie guy but getting to be part of Okada's year of quality... please.

Lol people trying to argue that Cody is gonns be a big TV draw... didn't do shit for TNA... isn't going to do shit for NJPW.

Cody is like Jack Swagger tier
Lol
Feel the same.
Hope the crowd turns on it too

They needed a challenger for Okada for the last real show before G1, already used Fale and Suzuki, Naito and Tana will likely be busy, and if Kenny ever gets match 3 it sure ain't going to be there/so soon after

I don't like it, but it's clear why they did it, and at least now he can't be the first US champ like everyone predicted

The US belt makes sense for Cody. It's a mud carder belt that should mostly just be defended in the US on the indy circuit.

Perfect for a career mid carder like Cody... and it would keep him away from pretending he's some international mega star.

Top Bottom