• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

The US belt makes sense for Cody. It's a mud carder belt that should mostly just be defended in the US on the indy circuit.

Perfect for a career mid carder like Cody... and it would keep him away from pretending he's some international mega star.

I'd rather have Cody get no belts and Elgin get the reward

Zach

Untitled-1_12.gif

I wonder where they go from here.

If they weren't planning a rematch Okada would have won, most likely. I feel like Naito will win the G1 though, even if that does change up his story a bit.

Maybe part 3 at King of Pro Wrestling?

Foggy

Lol people are seriously trying to argue usung ROH and Indy reactions that Omega isn't as big of a deal as Cody... this is hilarious.

It flies in the face of them saying they want to make it a new japan-style experience and not try to mimic an American style presentation. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Cody was an AXS mandate. But honestly, by the same token I wouldn't be shocked if New Japan themselves think they'll get the most eyeballs this way. It is what it is.

It flies in the face of them saying they want to make it a new japan-style experience and not try to mimic an American style presentation. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Cody was an AXS mandate. But honestly, by the same token I wouldn't be shocked if New Japan themselves think they'll get the most eyeballs this way. It is what it is.

I have zero hopes for the Long Beach shows to be anything above ROH quality

I have zero hopes for the Long Beach shows to be anything above ROH quality

I think people will have their working boots on. The guys who won't be in G1 will probably (hopefully) use it as a way to get themselves over. Keeping in mind people involved won't be killing themselves before G1.

I feel like Juice and Page will step up for sure.

Cody being at the top of the card is a bummer but I am sure the shows will be a blast.

Either way, the next month or so is going to be incredible!

I think people will have their working boots on. The guys who won't be in G1 will probably (hopefully) use it as a way to get themselves over. Keeping in mind people involved won't be killing themselves before G1.

I feel like Juice and Page will step up for sure.

Cody being at the top of the card is a bummer but I am sure the shows will be a blast.

Either way, the next month or so is going to be incredible!

Juice and Page stepping up... exciting lol.

Sorry but that's pretty much my point right there

I have zero hopes for this show being anything but maybe a good performance out of the Bucks and whatever Omega does. Tana is fucked. Naito will rest for the G1. No crazy Takahashi title defense. Kushida vs Bushi if that's at long beach will be alright.

But none of it is special.

Zach

They're doing the rapid-fire Rumble promos at the 2013 Rumble. That's good, even though these jerks have half the charisma as the loons in the late '80s/early '90s.

Barrage

I really enjoyed Dominion. KUSHIDA is having a dope year. I also enjoyed Omega/Okada II much more than the original, better paced. I'd give it ****3/4.

For better or worse it always felt like the biggest part about New Japan live in the US would be...the fact it was New Japan, live, in the US

I don't mind it being a rest point. G1 coming up, rest is basically needed, especially for Naito and Okada at this point

For better or worse it always felt like the biggest part about New Japan live in the US would be...the fact it was New Japan, live, in the US

I don't mind it being a rest point. G1 coming up, rest is basically needed, especially for Naito and Okada at this point

I just can't believe we're getting Okada vs Cody as the big attraction.

I still maintain that Okada will get a good match out of him.

A good match... sure but who wants just a good match.

T.v

I might have to check out this 6* Omega/Okada match I've been hearing so much about one of these days.

Juice and Page stepping up... exciting lol.

Sorry but that's pretty much my point right there

I have zero hopes for this show being anything but maybe a good performance out of the Bucks and whatever Omega does. Tana is fucked. Naito will rest for the G1. No crazy Takahashi title defense. Kushida vs Bushi if that's at long beach will be alright.

But none of it is special.

I know what you mean, but I am alright with shows like that that let the undercard guys get themselves over. Even then I still think it will be better than your standard ROH show. Everyone will still be doing what they can to get NJPW over in America even if the time could be better.

*edit* watching both is essential. So much of the match tonight plays on the Dome match.

I still maintain that Okada will get a good match out of him.

I hope you are right. Cody will have to work real hard to get a match up to the standards Okada has set for himself this year.

HeavenlyE

As a Cody Rhodes supporter who loves seeing the hate its hilarious that he's now #1 Contender for the top title of ROH and NJPW at the same time. I'm expecting a great main event as long as Cody cuts down on his taunting that always ruins the flow of the match for me, which he only does in Japan for some reason.

I know what you mean, but I am alright with shows like that that let the undercard guys get themselves over. Even then I still think it will be better than your standard ROH show. Everyone will still be doing what they can to get NJPW over in America even if the time could be better.

*edit* watching both is essential. So much of the match tonight plays on the Dome match.

I guess I just really want this to be successful and I'm not convinced that not running your best is the path to take.

As a Cody Rhodes supporter who loves seeing the hate its hilarious that he's now #1 Contender for the top title of ROH and NJPW at the same time. I'm expecting a great main event as long as Cody cuts down on his taunting that always ruins the flow of the match for me which he only does in Japan for some reason.

I mean he might get carried to one by the sheer force of Okada's will but he had a completely unspectacular match with Elgin tonight... a guy who had a 5* match with Naito 4 months ago.

I guess I just really want this to be successful and I'm not convinced that not running your best is the path to take.

I share your skepticism.

I'm just trying to be positive :p

When you are negative someone has to try and balance things out.

And yeah, Liger vs Suzuki would be fucking godly. If that match gets announced I would die from hype.

I've been putting it off mostly because I have never watched any NJPW stuff, and the match itself is insanely long, but all these stars are starting to get to me.

Check out the OP of the Wrestle Kingdom 11 thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329247

Empyrean Heaven does a really wonderful job of summarizing a lot of the stories that make the big matches have a bit more emotional context.

I'd suggest going back and watching Omega's last two G1 matches though. His match vs Goto has really good story telling about him moving to the top of Bullet Club.

I've been putting it off mostly because I have never watched any NJPW stuff, and the match itself is insanely long, but all these stars are starting to get to me.
If it's your first exposure to NJPW I think you should start with Omega/Tana ladder match or Ibushi/Nak at WK. Ease yourself into it. My first exposure to NJPW was some slow Suzuki shit and it kinda turned me off for a bit.

If it's your first exposure to NJPW I think you should start with Omega/Tana ladder match or Ibushi/Nak at WK. Ease yourself into it. My first exposure to NJPW was some slow Suzuki shit and it kinda turned me off for a bit.

I still think Nakamura vs Ibushi was better than Nakamura vs AJ.

T.v

Check out the OP of the Wrestle Kingdom 11 thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329247

Empyrean Heaven does a really wonderful job of summarizing a lot of the stories that make the big matches have a bit more emotional context.

I'd suggest going back and watching Omega's last two G1 matches though. His match vs Goto has really good story telling about him moving to the top of Bullet Club.
That is a great writeup, thanks.

I'm actually not that interested in getting into NJPW (yet) I just want to finally see this much talked about match.

RBH

WWE 2K18 listed for Nintendo Switch by Austrian retail chain:

ot9ERCx.png

https://www.libro.at/gaming/nintendo-switch.html?hersteller=660330

I am Austrian, and trust me, Libros staff is always great when it comes to this kind of stuff. This store is about office/school articles and they sell video games on the side, so their staff doesn't really know what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if this leak is real as well, typical from this store. I was able to buy FIFA 17 last year and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe almost a full week before launch because of this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...in_lists_wwe_2k18_for_switch/#bottom-comments

Top Bottom