• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

It is only 12:30 AM here, so I feel bad for Amerifriends especially. But I have to go to bed myself now.

What a fantastic fucking show that was. So happy to watch it with everyone <3

I'm pissed with Heroman for not being here though.

I think I actually enjoyed this match better than the Dome match

Dome had some incredible spots (the dive, the table, the top rope dragon suplex) but once this one got going it was unreal

Though, maybe the difference is I caught this live whereas I knew Omega lost when I woke up and watched WK

People really still underrating Okada's ability to carry people?That's what I'm talking about. No one will remember Okada/Cody.

...but it will get 4 stars because 4 stars isn't anything special in New Japan when you have people in the company that can carry anyone to a good match.

So who fucking cares then...

This is my point this is their big American special... it should have a main event better than forgettable.

Big deal as in big cut or big deal as in big push?

Big deal on the indies, I mean - obviously guys like Cesaro & Kalisto (who've already had success pre-WWE) would do well, but it'd be interesting to see who'd end up on the in-vogue indies and who'd stick to the ex-WWE local family show circuit. Drew Galloway made a big splash, for instance, when I don't think many expected him to - comparatively, no one gave a shit about Curt Hawkins (and with good reason).

Kalisto is fucking shit though

Nah, WWE's just trash. His trilogy of matches with El Generico in EVOLVE were awesome, back when he was Samuray Del Sol - I'd LOVE to see that guy mix it up with the current crop of high-flyers.

Big deal on the indies, I mean - obviously guys like Cesaro & Kalisto (who've already had success pre-WWE) would do well, but it'd be interesting to see who'd end up on the in-vogue indies and who'd stick to the ex-WWE local family show circuit. Drew Galloway made a big splash, for instance, when I don't think many expected him to - comparatively, no one gave a shit about Curt Hawkins (and with good reason).

Oh yeah Cesaro then... Kalisto maaaaybe but probably not in the US... maybe the UK scene

klonere

Banned
Had some time to process that match, spent the afternoon cleaning the entire house to get all the energy and adrenaline out.

I'm glad I'm alive and able to witness these guys wrestling in real time.

I dunno. Anyone? There's very few people they can't sign, ultimately.

It's more interesting trying to figure out who'll be a big deal once WWE inevitably start making some cuts. Easy money's on Cesaro or Kalisto.
WWE won't release Cesaro. He may never be a top guy but he has been consistently pushed in the midcard and right now is currently a tag champ. The only way he leaves is if he asks to leave.

Hex

Banned
We forgive you for lying like this multiple times

This time. Next time you're getting evicted

He definitely will.
To be given an hour like that last night is huge, Kenny is a made man.
Belts change hands but last time they did a time limit like that was like 2005

Recall

So Tanahashi vs Nakamura was the go to feud for the early 00's generation (03/04 onwards, right?) basically NJPW's Rock vs Austin.

Okada vs Omega is new rivalry to top all rivalries. Even if Omega fails in match number 3 I will still be invested until the very end where Omega can finally topple his biggest demon.

RBH

Zach, who personified WCW?

b874b50ce4e29eecbda5938323b42e69c39903aa_hq.gif

klonere

Banned
So when Cody came storming down I thought they were going to the BC split angle there and then. It's hard to tell if the distraction was intentional or Kenny didn't know it was going to happen and it just happened to work out. `

But the split has now definitively been teased and it's now only a matter of time imo.

So when Cody came storming down I thought they were going to the BC split angle there and then. It's hard to tell if the distraction was intentional or Kenny didn't know it was going to happen and it just happened to work out. `

But the split has now definitively been teased and it's now only a matter of time imo.
If or when the split happens and Kenny plus the Bucks get kicked out, it will be time for Based Cody to be the leader of the BC.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE won't release Cesaro. He may never be a top guy but he has been consistently pushed in the midcard and right now is currently a tag champ. The only way he leaves is if he asks to leave.
Which he wouldn't unless he hates money. I don't get the idea WWE would cut Cesaro. Dude isn't a main eventer but he's been a staple of the company for like 5 years.

They have tons of guys on the roster who are never on television like Darren Young or Bo Dallas. Cesaro is consistently on television every week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Goddamnit. I thought Money in the Bank was today and got all excited since I like that PPV and then I realized it's next week. :-(

Hasney

Good god, just got to the lumberjack match on Dominion and I don't think there's been a bad match yet. Cody V Elgin wasn't great, but that's only the worst one.

Scorpio $500 tho

I'm laughing at the people defending it by saying "It's a premium product not for general consumers". At $499 I just don't know what market it's really aimed at because anyone who truly is a numbers/power nerd is likely playing on a PC already and no basic gamer is going to drop $500 when the S is cheaper.

Zach

What's the point of the souped-up Xbox? Like, I have a One and rarely even use it for gamez. Not because that's what I want. I guess it's good if you're into driving and shooting. But anything besides that coming out soon? I don't even know.

Aiii

So not worth it
What's the point of the souped-up Xbox? Like, I have a One and rarely even use it for gamez. Not because that's what I want. I guess it's good if you're into driving and shooting. But anything besides that coming out soon? I don't even know.

They lost bad to PlayStation and figured instead of competing they would try and go for the PC gaming crowd, not realizing they would not be interested in a console that can do what they already can do on their gaming rig.

Typical MS really, they are kings in looking for niches that do not exist.

I really feel like MS is vastly over estimating how much the console market cares about 4k 60fps, especially at $500. This year we saw Horizon come out and it looked down right incredible even on an OG PS4. And this is even more laughable if the thing is going to launch with Forza. Supposedly Crackdown 3 will have destructive environments, but hasn't Frostbite been offering that for years?

I'm not trying to be anti- MS but this really feels stupid

Top Bottom