• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

I really feel like MS is vastly over estimating how much the console market cares about 4k 60fps, especially at $500. This year we saw Horizon come out and it looked down right incredible even on an OG PS4. And this is even more laughable if the thing is going to launch with Forza. Supposedly Crackdown 3 will have destructive environments, but hasn't Frostbite been offering that for years?

I'm not trying to be anti- MS but this really feels stupid
The thing that's frustrating is they're still (supposedly) limited by the OG consoles. So they'll be as pretty as possible but doesn't seem like you're getting the full advantages the hardware can provide

It's the same thing that keeps me from a Pro. There's exceptions like Tomb Raider but the difference is largely negligible without a 4K TV. Stuff looks better but not "this is as expensive as the next full console will be" better.

Yoooooooooooo

DCDXxYMXcAAKiPh

Aiii

So not worth it
I really feel like MS is vastly over estimating how much the console market cares about 4k 60fps, especially at $500. This year we saw Horizon come out and it looked down right incredible even on an OG PS4. And this is even more laughable if the thing is going to launch with Forza. Supposedly Crackdown 3 will have destructive environments, but hasn't Frostbite been offering that for years?

I'm not trying to be anti- MS but this really feels stupid

Most people do not even own a 4K TV, so yeah, they are certainly overestimating consumer interest for such a device at this price.

The thing that's frustrating is they're still (supposedly) limited by the OG consoles. So they'll be as pretty as possible but doesn't seem like you're getting the full advantages the hardware can provide

It's the same thing that keeps me from a Pro. There's exceptions like Tomb Raider but the difference is largely negligible without a 4K TV. Stuff looks better but not "this is as expensive as the next full console will be" better.

Yeah I guess that's my thing too. Even if it can do "all this great power" MS isn't going to alienate the entire base who already about XBONE's. I just have a hard time buying into "this is the most powerful console" because A. it's the newest console so this is expected and B. I care more about features / games than SIKKK 60FPS.

Aiii

So not worth it
Besides, most people aren’t going to spend 500 dollars on a console before knowing what is next for Sony. MS are making a big mistake by not staying in the same cycle as PlayStation.

Zach

Maybe Xbox people will announce a universally appealing game for release later this year that'll make everyone want a Scorpiooo.

Like. GTA 6. With Mario. And fidget spinners.

That Xbox thread is mad. So many people thinking they are getting played with the price

nah, Geoff is a one sided mark and has lied numerously times before. Had anyone else said this was going to be $500, no one would have probably doubted it.

leaking information kills your trust with the industry and geoff has no qualms cutting ties with MS

regardless, $500 is what i was expecting and have set aside for a scorpio

nah, Geoff is a one sided mark and has lied numerously times before. Had anyone else said this was going to be $500, no one would have probably doubted it.

leaking information kills your trust with the industry and geoff has no qualms cutting ties with MS

Tom Warren was saying $449-499 and he's a huge MS insider

Aiii

So not worth it

It is about time game journalists started being journalists instead of PR shills for game companies anyways.

Hasney

Besides, most people aren’t going to spend 500 dollars on a console before knowing what is next for Sony. MS are making a big mistake by not staying in the same cycle as PlayStation.

It is the same cycle? They're only a year later than the PS4 Pro which is the same mid-geb upgrade thing.

It is the same cycle? They're only a year later than the PS4 Pro which is the same mid-geb upgrade thing.

I think by cycle they're referring to introducing a console that is meant as a mid-gen upgrade instead of holding out or "starting" the next gen and pushing Sony.

It's just a weird play.

Aiii

So not worth it

I mean, sure, it is a year, maybe 18 months tops if they do a staggered release... but why would you jump in on this (at 500) if you are expecting the next PlayStation within another year or two after that? Especially when it is not going to give you anything special content wise over what you already own? Just for 4K?

somedevil

Didn't someone here predict Omega will win the title? Be funny if Cody does it instead of Omega.

In more new Renee Young is not on the new season of total divas. So Eva and Renee seem to been replaced with Alexa and Nia.

Didn't someone here predict Omega will win the title? Be funny if Cody does it instead of Omega.

In more new Renee Young is not on the new season of total divas. So Eva and Renee seem to been replaced with Alexa and Nia.

It would make sense of Cody gets help to do so.

I was 100% confident Kenny was going to lose again. These fuckers know how to tell a story.

I'll make another prediction: the next match Kenny and Okada have won't even be a planned match on a card.

Is this a GG account? I fail to see how leaking a price is "harming" a company, that is the point of press. To find out information and get it to the public. People seem to not care when this happens to other companies. Is it harmful that a room full of streamers & influencers are on stage playing a game, presumably with paid expenses and 0 disclosure on it?

Zach

I kinda like Bo Dallas' look (in '03). I'm sorry! It's probably the Barry Windham-esque glove.

This Rumble has sucked, by the way.

Zach

The crowd noise seems funny here towards the end of this Tussle. Was this one of the crowd muting conspiracy shows? Maybe I'm just crazy.

Hasney

Holy shot, this New Legacy discord for Dominion is so good. After Okada got the ropes, Johnny is just yelling OKADA YOU PIECE OF SHOT FUCK OFF. This is amazing.

Top Bottom