• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Zach

If only CM Punk would've put on 10 or 15 pounds of muscle. I'm usually into his look and swagger, but sometimes he just looks diminutive. Shades of the never-believable Miz.

Why is The Rock ripping off Dusty Rhodes' hard times promo?? What the...

What's the deal with Tanahashi's arm? I thought he was going to take some time off or something.

He should, but he's a wrestler, so he won't and he'll be fucked for life because of it. There's legit permanent damage/deformity that will be done to his bicep by not healing it properly

I didn't manage to avoid tournament of death spoilers but I did evade Dominion spoilers and I only just finished watching it.

Bloody hell that main event was a long one, I'm gonna say that despite liking the whole endgame angle with the timer counting down, the match was just a bit too much.
Like we were bordering on Trips/Taker WM27 forced epic, first half of the match wasn't exactly to different to your WWE main event, tweaked knees! crap (english) commentary!
Eventually ending up in the finisher fest to end all finisher fests.
Don't get me wrong, it was a good match but if the first one had 45 minutes go by like half the time, well this one didn't quite pull that off (even outside the extra 15 minutes it had).

Attention, RBH:
2741412-ezgif.com-gif-maker+%2825%29.gif

Hex

Banned
So when Cody came storming down I thought they were going to the BC split angle there and then. It's hard to tell if the distraction was intentional or Kenny didn't know it was going to happen and it just happened to work out. `

But the split has now definitively been teased and it's now only a matter of time imo.

lol "Where are the leaks? It is so close to E3 where are the leaks? NOOOO HOW DARE YOU LEAK THAT I DON'T LIKE IT"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I take it Okada v Omega 2 was good then?

Anth0ny

I thought Kenny hitting the 3 knees at around 55 minutes was going to lead into a 1 winged angel for the win.

Instead... super Okada hit the drop kick and it went to a draw.

It was at that moment that I honestly felt like Kenny told them before the match that he would probably be going to WWE in the next year. So they could no longer have him beat Okada. Instead this draw has him looking super strong going into the USA shows and for the rest of the year.

I pray to god I'm wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought Kenny hitting the 3 knees at around 55 minutes was going to lead into a 1 winged angel for the win.

Instead... super Okada hit the drop kick and it went to a draw.

It was at that moment that I honestly felt like Kenny told them before the match that he would probably be going to WWE in the next year. So they could no longer have him beat Okada. Instead this draw has him looking super strong going into the USA shows and for the rest of the year.

I pray to god I'm wrong.

Kenny was never going to win

the US shows arent as big of a deal as people who buy bullet club shirts think they are

klonere

Banned
New Japan fans can't rant against WWE about hotshotting and meaningless titles any more because the Jr. and Heavyweight Tag titles exist.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Kenny talks about signing with WWE in today's Excellent Adventures, he sounds *a lot* more open to the possibility then in the past.

Shit, sounds like Mark Andrews has been injured at the NXT Download shows, they're having to stretcher him out.

Not even close

Yes, but you see one match had Naito in it, the other one didn't. Also, opinions :p

In all seriousness I loved Naito/Tanahashi, expertly paced match that didn't try and steal the show

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather Taguchi be champion than Kuzzzida

I'd rather Taka be champion
or Liger
or fucking Taichi than Kuzzzzzida
Yes, but you see one match had Naito in it, the other one didn't. Also, opinions :p

In all seriousness I loved Naito/Tanahashi, expertly paced match that didn't try and steal the show

Well that and it was a different story rather than the same repeats like Okada vs Omega 1 was.
and like every face Okada match

Tanahashi fuming about the treatment of the title so far as to jump Naito to stop it

Honestly, if I was Kenny or any other non-WWE superstar, I'd only agree to sign if I get to leapfrog to the main roster like Styles did. NXT is cursed, I tell ya!

They missed out on a great way to finish Naito/Tana.

Instead of the long struggle to not tap, Naito taps like within a second, because he thinks fuck this this belt isn't worth risking my health. He rolls out of the ring grabs the belt and just throws it at Tana basically saying fine, fuck you, have it.

klonere

Banned
New Japan fans can't rant against WWE about pandering to foreign audiences because Cody is the next challenger for Okada

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE about falling business metrics because WWE had a record setting revenue year in 2016

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE about grueling work schedules because a man was literally paralyzed in an NJPW ring this year due to it

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE about making dangerous moves meaningless and a bad in house style because they employ Himoru Takahashi, The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega and many others who display a blatant disregard for in ring psychology, selling.and protecting themselves

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE about long shows because Dominion was 4 hours long

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE for too much content because the G1, BoSJ, Global Tag and Jr Tag league all have masses of meaningless 1 cam house shows uploaded to NJPWWorld

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE for Reigns booking because Okada, Tanahashi both exist

New Japan fans can't rant against WWE making wrestling into a joke because they employ Yano Toru, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega

Anth0ny

new japan is better than wwe in every way

overall vibe is what matters the most

it's just like the attitude era. if you fucking analyze every little thing you can come away saying those 1998 shows weren't good. but with austin and rock at the helm, they elevate everything else and it just ends up being a fun watch.

same deal with current new japan. the insane work rate and amazing matches at the top of the card create an exciting atmosphere for the entire show. I'm FAR more forgiving of the mistakes they do make because of that.

WWE, on the other hand... anything they do good is clouded by the 5000000 other things that are fucking garbage, resulting in a garbage show that is the absolute shits.

Well that and it was a different story rather than the same repeats like Okada vs Omega 1 was.

Funny you should mention repeats, as the whole match was built around teasing the insane spots from the last match but not actually hitting them.
And getting huge reactions from the crowd in the process, storytelling!

Top Bottom