• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Zach

I mean by the internet's standards. The fervor surrounding Kojima hasn't waned at all post-MGSV, if anything it's gotten more crazy, which is completely undeserved after Phantom Pain.
That excellent gameplay, though.

They've been showing Cuphead for years and every year people act like it's new.
I'm not acting like it's new. Maybe you're just yelling to yell. I'm happy it has a release date, though.

WWE 2K18 is going to be game of E3
That's the spirit!

I mean by the internet's standards. The fervor surrounding Kojima has waned at all post-MGSV, if anything it's gotten more crazy, which is completely undeserved after Phantom Pain.

Sony will still have a better show regardless.

This is more understandable, while I'm not about to say anything either way about Death Stranding we basically know bugger all so far.

Sony will have a better show because by default they just have a better catalogue, MS did fine but for now they'll always be fighting an uphill battle for attention.

And Nintendo will Nintendo for better and for worse.

New VA for Chloe.

dean1eyj84.gif

Hex

Banned
I think someone is fittin' to steal XBox's lunch money tomorrow night after that terrible conference.

The good games were all multi plat.
The others looked pretty but shallow.
That MMO looked like a text book Korean MMO free to play FFXIV rip off.

Glad to have a release date for Cuphead, and not going to lie, that Pirate game is so up my alley but not enough to buy a system for so I am hoping and pretty sure it is on pc

Syder

That excellent gameplay, though.
This is more understandable, while I'm not about to say anything either way about Death Stranding we basically know bugger all so far.
Sony are throwing boatloads of cash at Kojima (and del Toro, Mikkelsen, Reedus, etc.) because they know it'll garner goodwill with gamers.

Who knows how good it will be but I'm expecting a very polished game in about 5 years time.

The powerbomb show was fun, highlight was that Felino & Puma vs Skayde & Guerrero Maya Jr. tag - four class acts, Puma and Maya Jr. deserve to be seen by a wider audience. Hope they come back for more live events with powerbomb.tv.

Main event had Kenbai vs Chucky T vs Jigsaw vs Fly Warrior - Kenbai's super underrated but didn't get a ton of time here, while Fly Warrior impressed but had to be walked through a staple indie wrestling superkick sequence by Jigsaw. Literally, he was pointing the dude where to go haha.

Hex

Banned
This, which is the first time he did it to Kushida scared the shit out of me aaaaand made me fall in love.
tumblr_oianmj7j6E1snmvb8o1_400.gif

Look at Kushida's head and the metal rail

Zach

Maybe we've already talked about this, but what is the logic in having the Elimination Chamber PPV right before Manio? Seems like that's just asking for injury trouble.

I'm still going to be Day oneing, but yeah. Bronson said Ashly is writing on Twitter tho
I'll be getting it Day One too. The fact she's writing is cool since she's still involve, but her performance as Chloe was a big part of what made the character for me so a new voice ha me worried, though I'm sure the replacement will be fine.

Cosmozone

I'm watching the The Last Night trailer again. Damn, this shit looks so good. Indie hero. For a moment I was inclined to put it above Anthem visually.

Ronin Ray

Wow what a great ppv dominion was. Holy shit that main event was nuts. The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match was also great. njpw is just so much cooler then wwe to me.

Time for some much belated thoughts on AJPW's Champion Carnival this year:

Night 1
Night 2
Night 3
Night 4
Night 5
Night 6
Night 7
Night 8
Night 9
Night 10
Night 11 Final

All shows are available in the Real Hero Archive.

Best matches:
Night 1 - Jake Lee vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 1 - Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Joe Doering
Night 1 - Shuji Ishikawa vs. SUWAMA
Night 5 - Joe Doering vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 5 - Jake Lee vs. Zeus
Night 5 - Naoya Nomura vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Night 6 - KAI vs. Miyahara
Night 6 - Ryouji Sai vs. Zeus
Night 7 - Daichi Hashimoto vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Night 7 - Naoya Nomura vs. Takao Omori
Night 7 - Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 8 - KAI vs. Daisuke Sekimoto
Night 8 - Zeus vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 11 - A Block Winner vs. B Block Winner Final

Watching every match in the Champion Carnival was probably a mistake on a number of fronts: the stupid airing schedule meant that I had to wait until after the final took place to watch night 8, and some of these lesser matches became a slog to get through, particularly during the abysmal nights 2-4 stretch. That said, there was a lot of good wrestling content during this stretch, mostly from the expected (Miyahara, Sekimoto, Ishikawa). There were some surprises, however; I actually enjoyed a couple of KAI's matches, and Naoya Nomura became a really endearing young lion. I was disappointed that Zeus had such a poor showing in this year's tournament since I had picked him to be a dark horse to win the whole thing.

I posted a letter in that thread that he wrote a few years back. Don't know his stance today. Dude comes off more as young , naive and ignorant , (which many times arent mutually exclusive) rather than being inherently malicious toward women.

I read it, but then saw this (https://twitter.com/ombrophilia/status/874054576323809280?s=09) and suspect he still hasn't grown up. I just have a hard time accepting the "well that was X time ago" because at the time that group caused a lot of hell for some in the community.

BronsonLee's going to grill him about it on the BronsonLee Twitter Show LIVE!

Bronson's show is nothing but a one shot of him quitely reading Geoff Knightley and Bobby Robert tweets until his mom calls him up for dinner.

I read it, but then saw this (https://twitter.com/ombrophilia/status/874054576323809280?s=09) and suspect he still hasn't grown up. I just have a hard time accepting the "well that was X time ago" because at the time that group caused a lot of hell for some in the community.

he deserves people calling him out

Time for some much belated thoughts on AJPW's Champion Carnival this year:

Night 1
Night 2
Night 3
Night 4
Night 5
Night 6
Night 7
Night 8
Night 9
Night 10
Night 11 Final

All shows are available in the Real Hero Archive.

Best matches:
Night 1 - Jake Lee vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 1 - Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Joe Doering
Night 1 - Shuji Ishikawa vs. SUWAMA
Night 5 - Joe Doering vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 5 - Jake Lee vs. Zeus
Night 5 - Naoya Nomura vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Night 6 - KAI vs. Miyahara
Night 6 - Ryouji Sai vs. Zeus
Night 7 - Daichi Hashimoto vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Night 7 - Naoya Nomura vs. Takao Omori
Night 7 - Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 8 - KAI vs. Daisuke Sekimoto
Night 8 - Zeus vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 11 - A Block Winner vs. B Block Winner Final

Watching every match in the Champion Carnival was probably a mistake on a number of fronts: the stupid airing schedule meant that I had to wait until after the final took place to watch night 8, and some of these lesser matches became a slog to get through, particularly during the abysmal nights 2-4 stretch. That said, there was a lot of good wrestling content during this stretch, mostly from the expected (Miyahara, Sekimoto, Ishikawa). There were some surprises, however; I actually enjoyed a couple of KAI's matches, and Naoya Nomura became a really endearing young lion. I was disappointed that Zeus had such a poor showing in this year's tournament since I had picked him to be a dark horse to win the whole thing.

thanks for this, I will check it out

Top Bottom