• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Reflecting on that match from last night, I am so happy.

I was a little dismayed that Okada was crawling for the pin but I think it is perfect, now.

Hex

Banned
tumblr_n5ljna3H3h1qdgaxeo2_400.gif

tumblr_n5ljna3H3h1qdgaxeo1_400.gif

Anth0ny

bullet club taunt -> rainmaker

1 winged angel -> foot on the rope

rainmaker -> collapse from exhaustion to dodge

THIS FUCKING MATCH

9SmEiqm.jpg

klonere

Banned
Time for some much belated thoughts on AJPW's Champion Carnival this year:

Night 1
Night 2
Night 3
Night 4
Night 5
Night 6
Night 7
Night 8
Night 9
Night 10
Night 11 Final

All shows are available in the Real Hero Archive.

Best matches:
Night 1 - Jake Lee vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 1 - Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Joe Doering
Night 1 - Shuji Ishikawa vs. SUWAMA
Night 5 - Joe Doering vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 5 - Jake Lee vs. Zeus
Night 5 - Naoya Nomura vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Night 6 - KAI vs. Miyahara
Night 6 - Ryouji Sai vs. Zeus
Night 7 - Daichi Hashimoto vs. Shuji Ishikawa
Night 7 - Naoya Nomura vs. Takao Omori
Night 7 - Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 8 - KAI vs. Daisuke Sekimoto
Night 8 - Zeus vs. Kento Miyahara
Night 11 - A Block Winner vs. B Block Winner Final

Watching every match in the Champion Carnival was probably a mistake on a number of fronts: the stupid airing schedule meant that I had to wait until after the final took place to watch night 8, and some of these lesser matches became a slog to get through, particularly during the abysmal nights 2-4 stretch. That said, there was a lot of good wrestling content during this stretch, mostly from the expected (Miyahara, Sekimoto, Ishikawa). There were some surprises, however; I actually enjoyed a couple of KAI's matches, and Naoya Nomura became a really endearing young lion. I was disappointed that Zeus had such a poor showing in this year's tournament since I had picked him to be a dark horse to win the whole thing.

This was a terrible idea that you followed through with.

Kudos.

somedevil

If anyone is interested here is the top 3 viewed clips on WWE's youtube account for smackdown and Raw:

1. Lana debuts: 1.6 million views
2. Samoa Joe attacks Paul Heyman: 1.54 million
3. Brock Lesnar calls Paul Heyman: 1.38 million

Lana has a fanbase.

Still nowhere close to eva marie's "wardrobe malfunction" that drew 8.9 million views.

If anyone is interested here is the top 3 viewed clips on WWE's youtube account for smackdown and Raw:

Lana has a fanbase.

Still nowhere close to eva marie's "wardrobe malfunction" that drew 8.9 million views.
Pikma definitely a Lana mark . 😅

Egg0

Banned
I forgot to mention this on my Dominion post, but the sunset bomb from last night was savage. More so than the other times I've seen it. Scared me for a minute there too with how his head bounced.

tumblr_orer47Wipu1vp65vyo1_500.gif

hamsjams

Dominion was so satisfying. The big matches are going to get a lot of talk, but I also really liked the story of the Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship match.

I'm also impressed with how Juice Robinson and Tanga Roa have changed in New Japan. They may not be the best wrestlers ever, but they're so much more expressive, experimental, and engaged now as compared to when they first arrived. They used to look terrified to experiment with their gimmick in the slightest bit and moved like half-dead robots still waiting on programming that they were afraid to defy. They seemed scared of emoting at all. Now at the very least they seem interested in what they're doing.

Heroman

Banned

Lana has a fanbase.

India Fucking loves Lana

Top Bottom