• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Maybe we've already talked about this, but what is the logic in having the Elimination Chamber PPV right before Manio? Seems like that's just asking for injury trouble.

Well they did nerf the hell out of it with this last one. I was never a big fan of the gimmick match (and I know I've brought up my hate for the gimmick PPVs) and I hope that after that change it just goes away.

They might as well have a reverse cage match where the objective is to be the first to climb over the cage and enter the ring... Wait, did Russo book one of those in TNA?

This Devolver conference...

vncZ8J3.gif

I'm too old for this stuff. The Suda bit was hilarious though.

Edit: For some reason I thought Money in the Bank was tonight and was thrilled that I missed it. Shame

T.v

Looks like the MS conference was nothing special.
Anthem looked great, but no way will it look anything like that at launch. I am also extremely wary about how the gunplay will turn out.

Egg0

Banned
Looks like the MS conference was nothing special.
Anthem looked great, but no way will it look anything like that at launch. I am also extremely wary about how the gunplay will turn out.

Anthem looked like what they wanted Andromeda to look like. The shooting even looked similar.

Some interesting notes from Keller tonight.

He mentions that the plan right now for Bayley is for her to lay low for a bit and come back with a bit of a character reset. Not a drastic change, but a new angle to get people re-invested in her.

He also notes that the booking of people like Bayley, Sasha, and the cruiserweights has Triple H frustrated as he feels like a lot of the work done in NXT is just wasted at times once talents get to Vince. He notes it's a clear point of contention for Hunter, but he can't really do anything about it.

Striker

Hasn't Sasha been protected and booked pretty for well for majority of her time on the main show? More than anyone sans Miss Flair.

Adree

The only thing from the E3 conferences I have reacted to so far was that guy dropping acid during Wolfenstein. I hope they hit it out of the park again.

I don't see how you can assign definitive blame from that blurry fancam.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Who else would you blame? Sure, accidents happen and all that but 1) not the first time these guys have recklessly injured someone and 2) it's a basic lariat flat back bump and there's very little reason someone should be getting injured from that unless the dude performing the move hit him too hard or caught him in the neck, or both.

Some interesting notes from Keller tonight.

He mentions that the plan right now for Bayley is for her to lay low for a bit and come back with a bit of a character reset. Not a drastic change, but a new angle to get people re-invested in her.

He also notes that the booking of people like Bayley, Sasha, and the cruiserweights has Triple H frustrated as he feels like a lot of the work done in NXT is just wasted at times once talents get to Vince. He notes it's a clear point of contention for Hunter, but he can't really do anything about it.
Boy crazy Bayley. Going through puberty right before our eyes.

Who else would you blame? Sure, accidents happen and all that but 1) not the first time these guys have recklessly injured someone and 2) it's a basic lariat flat back bump and there's very little reason someone should be getting injured from that unless the dude performing the move hit him too hard or caught him in the neck, or both.

Sometimes a spot or bump just goes wrong. No one has to be explicitly at fault or "dangerous". I don't see them being especially unsafe or reckless. Could just be mistimed for all we know. Green workers will fuck up just like veterans will fuck up, and we've seen our fair share of both recently.

And yeah they hurt that one guy, but I'm not going to hold it over their heads just to drop the hammer anytime they screw up in the future. They've worked tons of matches that have went just fine over the past year. Your comment about them being trash or not belonging in the ring is a ridiculous overreaction.

This is all academical anyways, as Mark is thankfully fine. But that's some basic-ass shit that in a dojo or an indie wrestling school would be drilled over and over and over until they got it right, which is probably why it's so rare to see someone injured off a simple lariat bump (that doesn't involve them corkscrewing, or some other crazy sell).

This is all academical anyways, as Mark is thankfully fine. But that's some basic-ass shit that in a dojo or an indie wrestling school would be drilled over and over and over until they got it right, which is probably why it's so rare to see someone injured off a simple lariat bump (that doesn't involve them corkscrewing, or some other crazy sell).
From what I could make out in that fancam, he tried to do a backflip sell. If that's the case, then I'd say that's more on him than anything else.

In either case I'm glad he's ok, but hopefully something more concrete comes out.

As a claustrophobe who has a problem even with silly stuff like sleeping bags, I don't think I'd be able to handle that.

I was a little concerned about that before I got here. But its like, maybe 3 meters/9 feet or so long and a bit over a meter/3-4 feet high. I am 6'2 and can sit up comfortably.

Im pretty impressed. Especially for $50 a night.

There is a panic button here if people freak out too.

Menome

I was a little concerned about that before I got here. But its like, maybe 3 meters/9 feet or so long and a bit over a meter/3-4 feet high. I am 6'2 and can sit up comfortably.

Im pretty impressed. Especially for $50 a night.

There is a panic button here if people freak out too.

Okay, but don't call me if they cryogenically freeze you and shoot you off into space.

Meltzer saying if Cody wins the IWGP title he will be a true heel because it should be Omega's victory is pretty compelling.

I dont think he should be in this spot at all though.

Is Cody this secret big draw or something? I doubt if he faces Okada in the US the crowd will be cheering for the American Nightmare over motherfucking Okada especially after the Kenny matches.

Hasney

Is Cody this secret big draw or something? I doubt if he faces Okada in the US the crowd will be cheering for the American Nightmare over motherfucking Okada especially after the Kenny matches.

I would bet to the general public that Cody is more of a draw by virtue of being in WWE for several years, but I doubt many if those would be attracted to NJPW just because of Cody.

Honestly could see a case for Cody winning the belt with shenanigans after the towel angle. Could achieve a lot by splitting Club and Elite up, setup Omega V Cody to give the belt to Omega to switch roles for the next Okada/Omega match and make the US shows seem important for next time they have shows there.

I don't like it, but I see the case for it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Jesus, what's with the Cody hate lately???

Guy leaves WWE because he's upset about his booking... has been going out there doing his own thing in the indie world, getting himself over in indies and NJPW.

You should all be appreciative of that hustle. All told, Cody is a very good, competent wrestler.

Meltz said dominion perhaps the best show he has ever seen. Okada Omega as good or better then the dome.

You should all be appreciative of that hustle. All told, Cody is a very good, competent wrestler.

He's competent, but that's all, and that's the issue, because that's not enough to hang with njpw heavyweights. He couldn't even manage a great match with End or Elgin.

I just got to Okada/Omega but can't watch for a few hours, however the Tana/Naito bout was phew :fans self: Both of these guys are stellar and it feels like the first time, since I've been watching, the fans we're not behind Naito.

G1 USA cards are out

The US title tournament will be single-elimination and not round-robin as originally announced. First round matches are:

Jay Lethal vs. Hangman Page
Juice Robinson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito
Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega

Semi finals and Finals will take place on Night 2

Also Okada vs. Cody main events night one. Night 2 will be Tanahashi's first IC title defense against, of all people, Billy Gunn.

Also signed are tag title rematches of GOD/War Machine (Night 1) and Young Bucks/RPG Vice (Night 2).

Before than will be the Kizuna Road shows, which are smaller shows that will set up the G1. All will be on NJPW world, no English commentary. The G1 participants will be revealed on the first show, the blocks on the second show, and the matchups on the third show.

Also there will be title matches on all three shows.

June 20 - NEVER 6-Man title match of LIJ vs. Taguchi, Juice, and KUSHIDA

June 26 - NEVER title match of Suzuki vs. YOSHI-HASHI

June 27 - IWGP Jr. title match of KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI.

Cards were announced this morning, Tanahashi vs Bully Gunn for the IWGP IC title's happening on the second day.

Let's all remember the amazing build for this match;

4wvLZES.jpg

I just got to Okada/Omega but can't watch for a few hours, however the Tana/Naito bout was phew :fans self: Both of these guys are stellar and it feels like the first time, since I've been watching, the fans we're not behind Naito.

Obviously Tana's status and them playing up his injury played into it a lot, but it was also because it's in Osaka - after he won the g1 for the first time he told them "if I don't return to Osaka as IWGP Champion, please boo me", so they've been keeping up the tradition haha.

Top Bottom