• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Zach

Me too, friend. I felt physically sick during some parts of it. Really rough episode.

There was some great stuff too and I loved the song at the end. The songs closing out most episodss have been wonderful. Especially Au Revoir Simone.
I went right to Amazon and bought the album. :D

I went right to Amazon and bought the album. :D

Awesome!

Dream pop is probably my favorite genre of music so I have really appreciated these endings.

I have been binge listening to Au Revoir Simone for days and I was unfamiliar with them prior to their playing at the end of episode 4. So good. So dreamy.

Beefy

That Last Night creator gets worse....

PinPuLu.png

don't know if you're aware, but it's a hot topic. Zoe Quinn was sexually harassing men all while crying sexism.

So we really need to talk about that stuff in this thread?

Okay

Let's talk about how you still haven't apologized for lying about 66 Champ

Wednesday night we can talk about how you still haven't apologized for lying about 6 Stars (Observer Radio today made it sound very much like it's getting 7)

There is already a thread on it , and like come to WrassleGAF to mostly forget about the shit that happening.

WWE sucks, New Japan's pushing Cody, LU's dying, TNA sucks, ROH and WWE are owned by Trump lovers, indies are getting raided, Mexico's most noteworthy promotion in 2017 that isn't doing stupid shit or dealing with scandal is run by Konnan, and NXT keeps having indy people get hurt or injury scares doing stupid indy bumps for gymnasium crowds

You're coming to the wrong place if you want to avoid depressing shit

Everyone thought Cody was the shoe-in for the US belt, but now Cody's facing Okada and Omega is going to win the US belt to keep him busy and out of the title picture until after WK.

Well, was willing to give people that went "Separate the art from the artist" the benefit of the doubt when it came to The Last Night, then saw the tweet about it taking place in a world where feminism won. Yeeeeeeeah buddy, that's a bit too off the rails for me.

I'm so fucking buying that day one but I hope it doesn't fall prey to the same problems that kill the appeal of Guity Gear - overly complex mechanics and yearly releases

I think they've gotten better about that. Xrd Rev 2 was only a $20 upgrade. I didn't buy it though, I only played Revelator for like a month.

Remember when we all shat on Michael Bennett vs. Hitoshi Tanahashi at ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds?

Now, we get Tanahashi vs. Billy Gunn, in 2017.

So, I have some thoughts on Omega Okada II. I'm a complete nobody, so I doubt anyone cares, but I really want to get this out.

They did the near impossible task of following up the first match, and it may even be better, I'm just going to have to give it more time to settle. When hearing about Kenny's plan to make it different enough so you couldn't compare them, I immediately thought of interference and Bucks doing shit. Glad I was very wrong, as by focusing on the emotional storytelling, they were able to create a very different feeling bout. Kenny crying before the fifth rainmaker was a big highlight for me.

I also enjoyed the references to previous Okada's previous defences. The fancy chain wrestling that Shibata learned in the UK and used against Okada, immediately trying to escaping the figure four leglock because he was all too aware of the damage it could do due to Suzuki. I'm sure there's more, but what I spotted was nice.

Kenny hitting the OWA and Okada getting the ropes was fantastic. It answers the question of "What happens if Kenny hits it?" and while it didn't end the match, the move is still as protected as before, if not more.

Teased dissension in the Bullet Club is fine, it's just a shame that Cody was the centre of it. While I don't dislike him, I don't want to ever watch a match with him. I find his style of wrestling to be very, very dull.

Playing into the time limit was also great, as the time announcements fired up both the crowd and the wrestles themselves.

And that brings me to the finish. I absolutely loved it. Okada hitting his final rainmaker, but not being able to crawl over to Kenny on time was genius. It showed Okada's absolute limit, and how despite not physically being able to continue anymore, he still fought on.

So yeah.

***3/4

So, I have some thoughts on Omega Okada II. I'm a complete nobody, so I doubt anyone cares, but I really want to get this out.

They did the near impossible task of following up the first match, and it may even be better, I'm just going to have to give it more time to settle. When hearing about Kenny's plan to make it different enough so you couldn't compare them, I immediately thought of interference and Bucks doing shit. Glad I was very wrong, as by focusing on the emotional storytelling, they were able to create a very different feeling bout. Kenny crying before the fifth rainmaker was a big highlight for me.

I also enjoyed the references to previous Okada's previous defences. The fancy chain wrestling that Shibata learned in the UK and used against Okada, immediately trying to escaping the figure four leglock because he was all too aware of the damage it could do due to Suzuki. I'm sure there's more, but what I spotted was nice.

Kenny hitting the OWA and Okada getting the ropes was fantastic. It answers the question of "What happens if Kenny hits it?" and while it didn't end the match, the move is still as protected as before, if not more.

Teased dissension in the Bullet Club is fine, it's just a shame that Cody was the centre of it. While I don't dislike him, I don't want to ever watch a match with him. I find his style of wrestling to be very, very dull.

Playing into the time limit was also great, as the time announcements fired up both the crowd and the wrestles themselves.

And that brings me to the finish. I absolutely loved it. Okada hitting his final rainmaker, but not being able to crawl over to Kenny on time was genius. It showed Okada's absolute limit, and how despite not physically being able to continue anymore, he still fought on.

So yeah.

***3/4
Man. It's only been a day.
God damn, I have to watch it again.

Hasney

Man, looking at the direct footage, that DragonBall fighter is going to absolutely eat Marvel's lunch

Let's just take a moment to picture a world where Ark System Works are doing a Marvel fighter instead of Capcom... That's a nice world. I hear Trump never gets in power there as well.

Hasney

RAW or Sony E3 hmmmm 🤔🤔🤔

I'll rate your options in the following order:

1) Sony
2) Sleep
3) Committing various deeds under the cover of night
4) Watching paint dry
5) Drawing a face on your arse and mooning out the window at passers by
6) Raw

Top Bottom