• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Anybody who chooses Raw tonight should self-ban from complaining

You made your poor choice, knowing it was a poor choice, and should BatistaDealWithIt.gif

Heroman

Banned
So, I have some thoughts on Omega Okada II. I'm a complete nobody, so I doubt anyone cares, but I really want to get this out.

They did the near impossible task of following up the first match, and it may even be better, I'm just going to have to give it more time to settle. When hearing about Kenny's plan to make it different enough so you couldn't compare them, I immediately thought of interference and Bucks doing shit. Glad I was very wrong, as by focusing on the emotional storytelling, they were able to create a very different feeling bout. Kenny crying before the fifth rainmaker was a big highlight for me.

I also enjoyed the references to previous Okada's previous defences. The fancy chain wrestling that Shibata learned in the UK and used against Okada, immediately trying to escaping the figure four leglock because he was all too aware of the damage it could do due to Suzuki. I'm sure there's more, but what I spotted was nice.

Kenny hitting the OWA and Okada getting the ropes was fantastic. It answers the question of "What happens if Kenny hits it?" and while it didn't end the match, the move is still as protected as before, if not more.

Teased dissension in the Bullet Club is fine, it's just a shame that Cody was the centre of it. While I don't dislike him, I don't want to ever watch a match with him. I find his style of wrestling to be very, very dull.

Playing into the time limit was also great, as the time announcements fired up both the crowd and the wrestles themselves.

And that brings me to the finish. I absolutely loved it. Okada hitting his final rainmaker, but not being able to crawl over to Kenny on time was genius. It showed Okada's absolute limit, and how despite not physically being able to continue anymore, he still fought on.

So yeah.

***3/4
Match 1 Omega lost​ but took Okada to the limit
Match 2 Omega draws
Match OMEGA wins

Beefy

What are you doing to yourself, Beefy? Watching RAM?

But Raw will be better then Sony E3!!!

I would laugh if it is true

I'll rate your options in the following order:

1) Sony
2) Sleep
3) Committing various deeds under the cover of night
4) Watching paint dry
5) Drawing a face on your arse and mooning out the window at passers by
6) Raw

Sounds about right, maybe a few more between Sony and Raw

Or NBA Finals.

Sony E3

Never watched a basketball game

Foggy

G1 USA cards are out

The US title tournament will be single-elimination and not round-robin as originally announced. First round matches are:

Jay Lethal vs. Hangman Page
Juice Robinson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito
Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega

Semi finals and Finals will take place on Night 2

Also Okada vs. Cody main events night one. Night 2 will be Tanahashi's first IC title defense against, of all people, Billy Gunn.

LO

Also signed are tag title rematches of GOD/War Machine (Night 1) and Young Bucks/RPG Vice (Night 2).

Before than will be the Kizuna Road shows, which are smaller shows that will set up the G1. All will be on NJPW world, no English commentary. The G1 participants will be revealed on the first show, the blocks on the second show, and the matchups on the third show.

Also there will be title matches on all three shows.

June 20 - NEVER 6-Man title match of LIJ vs. Taguchi, Juice, and KUSHIDA

June 26 - NEVER title match of Suzuki vs. YOSHI-HASHI

June 27 - IWGP Jr. title match of KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI.

Wow, the incredible disappointment for the two main events is alleviated somewhat by how stacked the US tournament is. Alleviated somewhat. Barely Alleviated. Fuck.

LOL and I realized I'm going to be second row on night 2 for fucking Billy Gunn. I want off this wild ride.

klonere

Banned
Wow, the incredible disappointment for the two main events is alleviated somewhat by how stacked the US tournament is. Alleviated somewhat. Barely Alleviated. Fuck.

LOL and I realized I'm going to be second row on night 2 for fucking Billy Gunn. I want off this wild ride.

They could have booked literally anybody else against Cody and it would have made the cards pretty solid.

Nobody should forget about a billionaire calling a woman of more modest means a cunt.

Sorry. WrassleGAF is not here to enable your bystander apathy.

Sephzilla

Nobody should forget about a billionaire calling a woman of more modest means a cunt.

Sorry. WrassleGAF is not here to enable your bystander apathy.

OZMk4Ox.gif

G1 USA cards are out

The US title tournament will be single-elimination and not round-robin as originally announced. First round matches are:

Jay Lethal vs. Hangman Page
Juice Robinson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito
Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega

Semi finals and Finals will take place on Night 2

Also Okada vs. Cody main events night one. Night 2 will be Tanahashi's first IC title defense against, of all people, Billy Gunn.

Also signed are tag title rematches of GOD/War Machine (Night 1) and Young Bucks/RPG Vice (Night 2).

Before than will be the Kizuna Road shows, which are smaller shows that will set up the G1. All will be on NJPW world, no English commentary. The G1 participants will be revealed on the first show, the blocks on the second show, and the matchups on the third show.

Also there will be title matches on all three shows.

June 20 - NEVER 6-Man title match of LIJ vs. Taguchi, Juice, and KUSHIDA

June 26 - NEVER title match of Suzuki vs. YOSHI-HASHI

June 27 - IWGP Jr. title match of KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI.

lol

US cards will be fun to attend but it doesn't look like anything special

gonna go with Juice winning the whole thing

Foggy

At least the main event of night 2 doesn't appear to be the IC match. Just as long as Jay Lethal isn't in the finals of the tournament. Which he probably will be. Which means he'll probably win. Oh man.

Egg0

Banned
I don't trust were to tell a good nuanced story with with the elite vs Balor club and AJ.

Maybe in NXT?

Omega vs. AJ vs. Balor for supreme leader of The Club could be awesome. Although that would mean that they'd need to be on the same brand and that's not happening.

Kenny's definitely eliminated round 1, Naito I wouldn't be surprised but I'm thinking he's only eliminated round 2

"g*d help those Night 2 ticketholders" is what I'm getting at. It's gonna be rough

klonere

Banned
When the 2018 or '19 roster purge happens, I'd bank on at least half of the Club being gone. What a bust that wound up being, and it wasn't even that shocking

I'm pretty sure WWE would be happy to keep guys signed as a denial of assets to perceived competitors.

Balor is staying for sure, he's doing all that face of the company esque PR work.

Kenny vs Roman needs to happen. Both because it would be a great match, plus while Kenny will job, like AJ it will fully convince Vince he's a main event player.

I'm pretty sure WWE would be happy to keep guys signed as a denial of assets to perceived competitors.

Balor is staying for sure, he's doing all that face of the company esque PR work.

The Club is, and always has been, Karl and Gallows. Only.

It's been two years, Styles ain't leading shit and Finn ain't leading shit. Certainly not involving those two. Yall need to give up that pipe dream, especially if other Bullet Club ex-members ever cross over.

Karl and/or Gallows won't still be around in 3 years.

Heroman

Banned
That's what I think this is leading to. But the idea of Kenny winning at WK is fucking nuts.

I really hope it happens because I'm going to the next Dome show.
That the only big enough to have the match, like this feud has reach levels that no one in world could have guess.

T.v

damnit, the Sony conference, the only conference I have any interest in, begins at 2AM here. Guess i'll catch it tomorrow after work then.

Can't believe how good Kenny's knees are. Okada dropkick level

Right now I don't think if there is anyone better at throwing knees. Tommy End used to be my top pick, but he can't really lay them in as snug as he used to anymore.

That the only big enough to have the match, like this feud has reach levels that no one in world could have guess.

I remember after Kenny won the G1 thinking that him and Okada may not be able to main event over Tana and Naito, and boy was I ever wrong.

You're not a nobody and everyone's thoughts on wrestling are welcome.

D'aww, thanks.

Top Bottom