• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

I just realized Cody's probably kicking out of a Rainmaker, by wrestling's new rule of "it takes at least two finishers to put someone away in main events"

goddammit this is gonna suck

Personally, I see it only going one of two ways: either Okada tries to drag a 4th star out of Mr. *** in a fairly routine title defence, or Cody beats Okada with some heavy Bullet Club interference. The first is far, far more likely - they've never done an IWGP Heavyweight title change overseas, it'd probably piss off a lot of the ticket buying fans in Japan and, tbh, it'd probably be shat on by the US fans in attendance as well.

You can argue that Cody winning where Omega twice failed would be a good storyline for the Bullet Club, but sacrificing the story of Okada's title reign for it would be too high of a price to pay.

Isn't the Rainmaker still a one-shot kill

Yes, to everyone except Tanahashi, Naito & Omega. But the Rainmaker's increasing fallibility is probably the best part of Okada's storyline at the moment, it's not a matter of if someone will manage to break The Rainmaker, it's a matter of when.

giphy.gif

Zach

That new Wolfenstein comes out this year, right? I should go double-check.

P.S. I originally typed Wolfensteiner. >___>

I'm expecting Elgin to win and Omega and/or Naito eliminated in the first round

That Gunn match is going to be a shitshow no matter what. And yeah you could say "Tana's hurt and needs a rest anyway, he won't have to put in a lot of effort against an easy opponent" which I'd be more inclined to agree with if the whole build for this match
4wvLZES.jpg

hadn't happened pre-injury

They should eliminate both Naito and Omega just to really fuck the Long Beach crowd and make it clear they really aren't that serious about US expansion.

Make the finals Jay Lethal vs Juice Robinson... SO the crowd can chant ROH

BUSHI's going to be challenging on the 6/27 Kizuna Road show, so if there is a defence in Long Beach it'll be announced after that. If KUSHIDA retains he could defend against any of the 3 guys he owes title shots to, I guess: Tiger Mask, ACH and El Desperado. If BUSHI wins, they could do a rematch in LA, or an ROH TV vs IWGP Jr. match.

Yeah that makes sense

Personally, I see it only going one of two ways: either Okada tries to drag a 4th star out of Mr. *** in a fairly routine title defence, or Cody beats Okada with some heavy Bullet Club interference. The first is far, far more likely - they've never done an IWGP Heavyweight title change overseas, it'd probably piss off a lot of the ticket buying fans in Japan and, tbh, it'd probably be shat on by the US fans in attendance as well.

You can argue that Cody winning where Omega twice failed would be a good storyline for the Bullet Club, but sacrificing the story of Okada's title reign for it would be too high of a price to pay.

Oh god could you imagine if after beating all these incredible talents, after being pushed to the limit, after all the build on who can beat Okada it ends up being Cody... That's literally worse than Jinder as WWE Champion. I also don't think it'd be that great of a story for Bullet Club because Cody barely feels like he's part of Bullet Club.

Yes, to everyone except Tanahashi, Naito & Omega. But the Rainmaker's increasing fallibility is probably the best part of Okada's storyline at the moment, it's not a matter of if someone will manage to break The Rainmaker, it's a matter of when.

It's a great story... and I swear if the culmination is it fails against Cody I'll fucking laugh so hard.

Good news is I doubt they're stupid, I'm not a fan of these Long Beach cards but they aren't stupid cards (well Billy Gunn aside) just mediocre.

Beefy

That Last Night thread is getting worse. Now you got some dude saying when some one says something sexist, racist hateful etc we should put them down we should educate them.... 😂

Is the Okada arc gonna end with his arm shattering after a Rainmaker or something

That Last Night thread is getting worse. Now you got some dude saying when some one says something sexist, racist hateful etc we should put them down we should educate them.... 😂

I'm trying my best, man!

Zach

What's wrong with trying to engage and educate people? I'm not saying that has to be your approach, but it doesn't hurt if others choose to take that route.

Cody is NOT getting the most protected belt in the industry. You peeps need to let it go.

Ignorance and malicious behavior are mutually exclusive. To an extent I agree. I learned how to get better by being challenged by others.

What's wrong with trying to engage and educate people? I'm not saying that has to be your approach, but it doesn't hurt if others choose to take that route.

I mean if you want to bang your head against that wall feel free, but no one should HAVE to engage that way. That's even ignoring your concern trolls and just asking questions types

EDIT I just realised that's what you said nevermind

Beefy

Cody is NOT getting the most protected belt in the industry. You peeps need to let it go.

Ignorance and malicious behavior are mutually exclusive. To an extent I agree. I learned how to get better by being challenged by others.

The poster is saying you can't call the guy scum etc, we all have to educate him. If a guy calls me nigger I am not going to chill and educate him, he is getting a slap.

Foggy

They would have to be ok with a short reign, a Japanese public missing a major title change, or Cody in the main event of WK. For what? Some extra eyeballs on AXS?

Much more likely they're using Cody and Billy for some extra eyeballs and very little past that.

XenoRaven

I don't think the idea of educating ignorant people should be laughed at. But at the same time, I'm typically not the subject of a person's ignorance, so I don't have to deal with the frustration that results from it. Plus, there are some people that are just beyond hope. I would put open "Gamergaters" in that category. The amount of mental gymnastics you have to perform to count yourself among those idiots means you've already decided how you feel, and no amount of actual facts or exposure to different ideas will change you.

The poster is saying you can't call the guy scum etc, we all have to educate him. If a guy calls me nigger I am not going to chill and educate him, he is getting a slap.

Pretty much.

The fact is, some people just can't be helped. I get that the last thing straight white allies who are doing everything else right want to believe is that lost causes exist, but they do. They are by no means the majority, but they still exist.

You can't talk to a wall forever. Sometimes you have to move on

Top Bottom