• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

miserable

I liked Naito-Tana II more than Okada-Omega II

shrugi7jf6.gif

Zach

I don't think the idea of educating ignorant people should be laughed at. But at the same time, I'm typically not the subject of a person's ignorance, so I don't have to deal with the frustration that results from it. Plus, there are some people that are just beyond hope. I would put open "Gamergaters" in that category. The amount of mental gymnastics you have to perform to count yourself among those idiots means you've already decided how you feel, and no amount of actual facts or exposure to different ideas will change you.

I don't think I'll ever say 100% of any group is a lost cause. Because there have been some heinous people who have admitted fault/being wrong later in their lives.

But I get that it feels impossible and so not worth it. But if you feel that way, you shouldn't try to make others take the same approach. And vice versa.

Personally, I see it only going one of two ways: either Okada tries to drag a 4th star out of Mr. *** in a fairly routine title defence, or Cody beats Okada with some heavy Bullet Club interference. The first is far, far more likely - they've never done an IWGP Heavyweight title change overseas, it'd probably piss off a lot of the ticket buying fans in Japan and, tbh, it'd probably be shat on by the US fans in attendance as well.

You can argue that Cody winning where Omega twice failed would be a good storyline for the Bullet Club, but sacrificing the story of Okada's title reign for it would be too high of a price to pay.

I could see the match having heavy interference by the BC but The Elite members do not participate in that leading to Okada retaining and starting the BC vs Elite feud.

I also do not see other WK main event than Okada vs Naito, they already have a really good story, for both is revenge after they were relegated of the main event by the fans.

XenoRaven

I don't think I'll ever say 100% of any group is a lost cause. Because there have been some heinous people who have admitted fault/being wrong later in their lives.

But I get that it feels impossible and so not worth it. But if you feel that way, you shouldn't try to make others take the same approach. And vice versa.
Agreed, but you also shouldn't try to badger people who are fed up and have decided it's not worth it, especially if the people are fed up because they are direct targets of an ignorant person's prejudice.

The poster is saying you can't call the guy scum etc, we all have to educate him. If a guy calls me nigger I am not going to chill and educate him, he is getting a slap.

Again, it depends. No one is ignorant to the vitriol behind the n word so anyone who does exercise it's use is doing it for malicious intent and purposes. I don't disagree with you there.

It should never be the responsibility of the oppressed to educate the people that haves the most privileges in this system. The conclusion of many minorities is that it is a really exhausting job and it distance yourself from your own struggles. A good article on that if you want to read it:

http://www.feministcurrent.com/2013/10/10/feminists-are-not-responsible-for-educating-men/

It should never be the responsibility of the oppressed to educate the people that haves the most privileges in this system. The conclusion of many minorities is that it is a really exhausting job and it distance yourself from your own struggles. A good article on that if you want to read it:

http://www.feministcurrent.com/2013/10/10/feminists-are-not-responsible-for-educating-men/

I agree but I don't think anyone is arguing whose responsibility it is. We are arguing the means to address it.

You can still challenge people sensibly, when warranted, without educating them. For example, I can highlight how someone who yells "BUT SHARIA LAW" doesn't know anything about the Quran while not turning around to go through it with them.

Zach

I hope you're not implying that I feel differently. That being said, I'll take a look at the linked article.

Feminist Current?! Nice try, pal.

(jkjkjk)

Been dropping lbs since ive been eating five Neal's a day instead of one. Go figure.

Edit: fucking auto correct. Not even going to bother correcting that.

Why do people still want to see guys like Omega in WWE.

We just saw one of the greatest shows of all time and WWE has been complete shit nearly all this year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

We just saw one of the greatest shows of all time and WWE has been complete shit nearly all this year.

Real talk: Because NJPW is mostly just a talking point and not a thing people actually watch

Sephzilla

Real talk: Because NJPW is mostly just a talking point and not a thing people actually watch

Yup. People only want Omega in WWE so they can actually see more of Omega.

If NJPW was more commonly watched in the states I doubt people would be begging him to jump to WWE

I hope you're not implying that I feel differently. That being said, I'll take a look at the linked article.

Feminist Current?! Nice try, pal.

(jkjkjk)

Nah, it is just that this "education" topic is always problematic.

I am of the idea that because the type of education system that dominates in most schools in the Western / Westernized world, education as a tool / strategy to change someone way of thinking does not work. Specially on "adults". You can have all the facts, data you want (and I know you want a lot of "data" q;), if someone already made his/her/it mind regarding an issue trying to educate that person is just a colossal waste of time, specially to minorities. Maybe someone in a privileged position can feel they have the time / means to "educate" people, because having "time" is a big privilege in this world.

I think in order for someone to change a really important event needs to happen, something that threatens his/her/it life or the life of someone he/she/it cares about.

But in the the end, if you think you can "educate" someone to change their racist, sexist, imperialistic, and so on, views you can do it. It is your time after all q:

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yup. People only want Omega in WWE so they can actually see more of Omega.

If NJPW was more commonly watched in the states I doubt people would be begging him to jump to WWE

I mean, it airs in the middle of the night and isn't in English. NJPW isn't going to be a thing in the US ever. I don't know why people keep talking like their US expansion is going to do anything other than sell out the occasional random show (which is more likely novelty than anything else). It's not like NJPW sells out everywhere in Japan anyways.

Foggy

People like the idea of something more than the reality of it. Most WWE fans just want a shiny new toy.

Angry Grimace

WWE's problem isn't talent or workrate, its booking.

aka the "Vince problem."

Foggy

Workrate is definitely an issue in WWE. It's incredibly stale.

It's not even just a Vince problem. NXT has its fair share of issues.

klonere

Banned
The WWE style right now is basically the worst excesses of indie wrestling with the most boring and rote elements of regular WWE in house.

Angry Grimace

Workrate is definitely an issue in WWE. It's incredibly stale.

It's not even just a Vince problem. NXT has its fair share of issues.

I mean, I just don't think this is true.

They don't get a bunch of 5-star matches because they don't set up 5-star matchups.

Top Bottom