• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Hasney

I'm hoping the Spider-Man QTE stuff is mostly for big story moments. I have faith in Insomniac Studios

Same and I think I would be more annoyed with it if the action in those QTE scenes didn't look really good in that Spider-Man way.

Really hope the open world is playable on the show floor so I can hear more about it.

Sephzilla

Same and I think I would be more annoyed with it if the action in those QTE scenes didn't look really good in that Spider-Man way.

Really hope the open world is playable on the show floor so I can hear more about it.

Someone did make an observation about Spider-Man that does slightly annoy me now that I see it. The web swinging looks like it has almost no momentum. Like, Spidey will kind of awkwardly change directions during his swinging.

I'm still totally hyped for the game but there is a part of me that wishes the guys who made InFamous were making it

Only game I'm rock hard for is one I've probably beaten like a hundred times.

SaV3_u$.fr0mSØft

Though, DSIII was extremely disappointing.

miserable

how great is this man?

tana21h1ut9.gif

tana2241uf0.gif

Zach

I like. He's their John Cena, right? And he's mad at the disrespectful Data West guy, right? Seems good.

And that frog splash is beautiful, which I actually remember seeing in a match or two.

Sephzilla

Only game I'm rock hard for is one I've probably beaten like a hundred times.

SaV3_u$.fr0mSØft

Though, DSIII was extremely disappointing.

The only Dark Souls game that disappointed me was Dark Souls 2. I eagerly await their next work. I kind of hope its a new Armored Core, but those games are way more hit or miss compared to Soulsborne games

I also liked Tana & Naito more. It was more focused and intense throughout. The first half of OO just kind of meandered around since they were going 60. We really don't need matches that long in the ADD generation. Plus its got to be so hard on those guys bodies.

I disagree here because the current gen of fans want stuff to ramp up to 60mph within 5 minutes, which is how we end up with spot fests. There is something to be said for a well paced and methodical match.

Why bother with Spiderman QTEs when you're not going to beat the GOAT.

Oh, and in a move to fuck with Seph, DMC5 will be revealed as an exclusive on Switch later today.
this has no basis in reality

I disagree here because the current gen of fans want stuff to ramp up to 60mph within 5 minutes, which is how we end up with spot fests. There is something to be said for a well paced and methodical match.

The way they teased their spots (the top-rope snap dragon, especially) was more than enough to keep the crowd invested in that first half, it looked to me like neither of them wanted to give away the advantage, not that they were stalling for time. Also, I didn't even notice until someone mentioned that the first pinfall attempt didn't occur until halfway through, it was probably the best 60 minute draw I've seen in a good few years.

Can any NJPW die hards clue me in on to the appeal of Takahasi? He's easily my least favorite wrestler in NJPW, more than Taichi and Tanga Roa

The way they teased their spots (the top-rope snap dragon, especially) was more than enough to keep the crowd invested in that first half, it looked to me like neither of them wanted to give away the advantage, not that they were stalling for time. Also, I didn't even notice until someone mentioned that the first pinfall attempt didn't occur until halfway through, it was probably the best 60 minute draw I've seen in a good few years.

Yep, to all of this. While I personally enjoyed Tana/Naito more the O/O round 2 was definitely a clinic in how to pace out a match. Okada is a very vanilla wrestler to me but you cannot doubt what he can do in the ring and how well he's done in these huge matches.

I was completely floored when someone said the match had been going for 35 minutes. It really didn't feel like it at all.

Menome

Has anyone got a full gif of Bayley's awkward hug from last night? I need it for the future when OwensIsNow is feeling angry/sad/melancholic/Zach up.

Egg0

Banned
The Sony conference was sparse of any devs coming out to talk about their games. While I like just watching trailer after trailer, it may as well be a Nintendo direct.

Days Gone could've used someone selling us on what makes it different, maybe talk about the mechanics. I realize they'll have an extended demo in their stream today with someone talking about it. After seeing their showing on the conference, I could care less.

Mahonay

Banned
OK I've been paying zero attention to WWE or wrestling in general lately but I just watched the clip of last week's Smackdown Fashion Police segment. It was wonderful.

The note board alone was great:
Picture of Freddie Blassie that just says "TAKE NOTES" underneath.

Also "REPEAT OFFENDER" for Michael Hayes was pretty good.

Sephzilla

Two NeoGAF Nation of Domination members have been banned at some point and a third is facing a potential wellness violation?

The only reason the Tag Belts weren't vacated was because I'm allowing them to freebird the titles

Were you in there smoking with him? Such a bad example.

#StraightEdge

This year has been a year where all my top games thus far have come out of Japan. Zelda, Nier: Automata, Gravity Rush 2, and Yakuza 0 lead my personal pack. Thinking Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein II will bump one of those down though. My only gripe is..

I'll probably pick up 0 when it hits a flash sale later this year. Hearing friends get absolutely consumed by that game kinda pushed me away from it. Don't have that kind of time right now.

Yep. These are all long ass games. Hell, Gravity Rush 1 was a 9 hr game and GR2 is on pace to being a 30-35 hr one.

Can any NJPW die hards clue me in on to the appeal of Takahasi? He's easily my least favorite wrestler in NJPW, more than Taichi and Tanga Roa

He's simply amazing at everything. Amazing fiery babyface, amazing dickish heel, amazing in the ring, amazing on the mic. There's no doubt in my mind that he's one of the best of all time. He was NJPW for years. Check out these matches and you'll be able to see that he's all about.

Tanahashi vs Suzuki: King of Pro Wrestling 2012

Tanahashi vs Okada: Inavasion Attack 2013

Tanahashi vs Nakamura: G1 Climax Finals 2015

Tanahashi vs Shibata: Destruction in Kobe 2014

EDIT: I fucked up bad. I thought you said Tanahashi. I'm leaving this here anyway, but fuck Takahasi. He's terrible.

Egg0

Banned
This year has been a year where all my top games thus far have come out of Japan. Zelda, Nier: Automata, Gravity Rush 2, and Yakuza 0 lead my personal pack. Thinking Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein II will bump one of those down though.

Reminded me that I still need to get the other endings for Nier.

Top Bottom