• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

miserable

He's simply amazing at everything. Amazing fiery babyface, amazing dickish heel, amazing in the ring, amazing on the mic. There's no doubt in my mind that he's one of the best of all time. He was NJPW for years. Check out these matches and you'll be able to see that he's all about.

Tanahashi vs Suzuki: King of Pro Wrestling 2012

Tanahashi vs Okada: Inavasion Attack 2013

Tanahashi vs Nakamura: G1 Climax Finals 2015

Tanahashi vs Shibata: Destruction in Kobe 2014

he was talking about Takahashi (which one tho?)

jmdajr

I am a big MH fan, it is one of my favorite franchises ever and while I want it to be good, obviously, I am pretty wary of it.

I just can't think of many or even any times a game franchise that has sought a greater audience by changing things up has resulted in a better game for anyone.

Which monster hunter isn't wonky?

Yeah, it looked like Monster Hunter.

I don't know these things. Hmmm.

Oh yeah, I should check out the reactions to monster hunter world, the trailer was okay to me, different but hey the old style still exists for the moment at least.

Yep. These are all long ass games. Hell, Gravity Rush 1 was a 9 hr game and GR2 is on pace to being a 30-35 hr one.

I want to tackle this one at some point but they bumped up the length that much while not actually fixing most of the glaring issues with the original while creating new ones?
Gee Whizzers

Foggy

he was talking about Takahashi (which one tho?)

LOL for real

Yujiro is pretty awful most of the time and Hiromu is the best. If he doesn't dig Hiromu then nothing anybody says here will change that. Yujiro on the other hand, nobody really likes him other than the cameraman.

Raw64life

Yakuza 0 was my first Yakuza and it was amazing. I'm going to E3 today and hopefully I can grab that Yakuza swag before they run out of it. Mario Odyssey is priority number one and I'll prob be on that line for a long time.

This year has been a year where all my top games thus far have come out of Japan. Zelda, Nier: Automata, Gravity Rush 2, and Yakuza 0 lead my personal pack. Thinking Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein II will bump one of those down though.

Same. My main disappointment with the Sony conference was lack of Japanese games. After all the amazing Japanese games released on PS4 in the first half of this year, there was no follow up.

Egg0

Banned
Play Y0 and then play the Y1 remake this summer.

It honestly is hard to back after playing 0.

Can't wait for 6.

It's going to be so jarring going into 6 with 30fps after how smooth 0 and Kiwami probably will be at 60fps.

But 6 looks incredibly sharp though.

Does Kiwami still have the dub?

Edit: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL
(Going to appear on Keighley's E3 thing)

DCNiGDbUQAALOvr.jpg:large

I want to tackle this one at some point but they bumped up the length that much while not actually fixing most of the glaring issues with the original while creating new ones?
Gee Whizzers

GR2 frustrated me at first. The problem going in was the first game programmed you to dive kick through the entire game so i kept approaching the combat here as i did there. Once it was pointed out to me that Stasis Field was the star of the game and a mechanic heavily improved upon, the game became great again. Enemies strafe if you try to spam the gravity kick this go round.

Secondly, there were a few trial and error stealth missions in the early hours of the game that then became the "creating new ones" you speak of. However, what's really apparent is how the devs made it a priority to ensure that they created a variety of scenarios and gameplay segments to keep things seemingly fresh as you chug along. So a mission type that frustrated me 7 hrs in was never seen again 15 hrs later. Once you get through the "eh" moments, they are long forgotten and replaced with new challenges.

The game world , music and characters, imho, are second to none. When it's all said and done, I'll remember my experience with these than a handful of frustrating moments.

It's a textbook example of a flawed masterpiece

Yakuza 0 was my first Yakuza and it was amazing. I'm going to E3 today and hopefully I can grab that Yakuza swag before they run out of it. Mario Odyssey is priority number one and I'll prob be on that line for a long time.

Nice. Have fun!

So i was at SmackDown and i had a match against Rusev. Think it was in 2015, before the Split. Me and Rusev had a little botch in the match, picked him up for the shell shock and all of a sudden i had a cramp in my leg. I slipped off and botched the move. I whispered to Rusev "Sorry, leg cramp" Rusev was cool about it and whispered back "Don't worry about it" After the match i went backstage and there was Seth Rollins, laughing on purpose acting like i don't know whats going on. I go up to him and say "Anything funny?" In a relaxed tone. I thought maybe he laughs about something else. I didn't want to start a fight or something. So he looks at me and says "Yea, that match sucked." And i tell him "Just because you won the Money in the Bank briefcase doesn't mean you can act like an asshole. Nobody is perfect." And he says "Yea, except for me." And walks off. I think he's an arrogant douchebag.

SHOOT!

But it's Ryback so who fucking knows what actually happened.

Rybizzle said:
So I was backstage at KOTR, because I had won tickets after winning the National spelling bee which I got into after saving a dog from a fire. I see Steve backstage, he's obviously flustered, not knowing what he's gonna say to Jake. He's nearly in tears when he's practically begging "GOD DAMN RYAN! WHAT THE FUCK DO I SAY?
!?! It hits me right then and there." Austin 3:16! He wasn't convinced, but he was incapable of coming up with a promo, so he went with it. And the rest, as they say, is history.

¦

Zach

After perusing this thread and watching a few more trailers:

E3 Interest Levels!

Note: gamez I currently have no interest in are not listed.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Low.
METRO Exodus - Low.
Assassin’s Creed Origins - Very low.
State of Decay 2 - Low.
Cuphead - Moderate.
Crackdown 3 - Very low.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Low.
Ori and the Will of the Wisp - Moderate.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Low.
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds - Low.
Days Gone - Very low.
Shadow of the Colossus - Moderate.
God of War - Low.
Detroit: Become Human - Very low.
Spider-Man - Very low.
Hidden Agenda - Low.
Knack 2 - Low.
Matterfall - Low.
A Way Out - Hot fire!
Star Wars Battlefront II - Low.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Hot fire!
Ni no Kuni II - Low.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Low.
Steep: Road to the Olympics - Low.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 - Low.
Far Cry 5 - Very low.

Nintendo was as safe as Sony, there, that's my assessment of the last two big conferences.
Not many surprises in here but eeeehhhh the games are good and 2017 has been great on this front.

Now excuse me while I weep at those character designs for Xenoblade 2, the 4 from Metroid Prime 4 looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Mario looked bananas.

Starting laughing my ass off as soon as he threw his hat onto a cab and then drove it off.

That mechanic is going to open up so many gameplay elements which also means that the design will cater to having different approaches to tackle challenges. Basically, this is going to be a speedrunner's wet dream.

Mario looks insane as hell but Mario does nothing for me. The most exciting thing to me was bringing back the girl from Donkey Kong as the mayor.

Top Bottom