• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Sephzilla

Except Tyson actually got wrestling and did it right.

Remember when Vince had to bring in a boxer to fight at Wrestlemania to try and get boxing PPV money?

I will admit, Floyd got wrestling right too, but still....he was a bit more carny than Tyson.

Floyd vs Show was great though. When Money got that chalice for a drink I almost died

Or did you stop watching because it died?
🤔🤔🤔

image.php

Except Tyson actually got wrestling and did it right.

Remember when Vince had to bring in a boxer to fight at Wrestlemania to try and get boxing PPV money?

I will admit, Floyd got wrestling right too, but still....he was a bit more carny than Tyson.

Remember when Vince listened to Russo and agreed to Brawl for All and Butterbean

klonere

Banned
idk Smackdown really ran out of steam in the build up to Mania. Miz's promo ultimately led nowhere other than a good Ziggler feud and now they are both in the exact same place they started. They utterly bungled the Orton/Bray feud. AJ should be champ forever. Cena is a part timer who will stroll back in to win the belt when he wants.

It just seems all so aimless.

There is legit no reason that AJ should have ever lost the belt. He should still have it now.

Ideally Styles and Nakamura trade the world title until both retire soon

As is, I expect it to happen but with a midcard belt while the company wonders why fans aren't grateful because "that's how their New Japan run ended!!"

Menome

Fun Fact: My mother was one of the British wave of female boxers in the 90s pushing to get the women's side of things recognised as legitimate. She sparred and trained with a bunch of the women who went on to do big things including Jane Couch, the first officially licensed British female boxer.

Ideally Styles and Nakamura trade the world title until both retire soon

As is, I expect it to happen but with a midcard belt while the company wonders why fans aren't grateful because "that's how their New Japan run ended!!"
Do you expect AJ and Nakamura to be retiring soon? AJ is forty but he'll probably keep going for a bit and Nakamura is only 37.

Smackdown started going downhill when Styles lost the title because Cena wanted to pad his stats
Yup.
Fun Fact: My mother was one of the British wave of female boxers in the 90s pushing to get the women's side of things recognised as legitimate. She sparred and trained with a bunch of the women who went on to do big things including Jane Couch, the first officially licensed British female boxer.
Menome is a second generation shooter!

HS1002.jpg

So you weren't down with yourself day one? You came in sometime around day one-ish?

Or it this shirt commenting on the fact that no one was down with the Usos until they started their heal run and actually started wrestling decent matches?

Day One-ish means you get even stupider DLC.
136330214.jpeg

Kaladin

I think Smackdown died when Orton won the belt. His reign had no heat and even felt to go against the "land of opportunity" vibe they had going on. Orton is too much of the old school to feel relevant today. There was a lot of mileage in a full Wyatt reign though. It's just sad they they had to go in that direction.

HS1002.jpg

So you weren't down with yourself day one? You came in sometime around day one-ish?

Or it this shirt commenting on the fact that no one was down with the Usos until they started their heal run and actually started wrestling decent matches?
This shirt doesn't make any damn sense. "Down since" should be "we're on our". I like that they put their tattoo design on there, bit it looks like something from a coloring book.

Do you expect AJ and Nakamura to be retiring soon? AJ is forty but he'll probably keep going for a bit and Nakamura is only 37.

Both have been pretty clear in interviews for the last few years that they don't want to be doing this forever, and it's pretty safe to assume they retire in the company. Factor in that they (like a lot of people in the company and industry who haven't had any rest time) are most likely working with at least some injuries that aren't disclosed, which you definitely shouldn't be doing at those ages and can't do for long before your body breaks down because of it, and yeah I definitely don't think either will still be around in, or at least by this time in, 2020.

Nakamura I could maybe mayyyyyybe see giving Japan one more shot after it all, but yeah, this isn't a situation where either signed and are going to re-sign. It's a one-contract deal and when it's done, they're out.

Both have been pretty clear in interviews for the last few years that they don't want to be doing this forever, and it's pretty safe to assume they retire in the company. Factor in that they (like a lot of people in the company and industry who haven't had any rest time) are most likely working with at least some injuries that aren't disclosed, which you definitely shouldn't be doing at those ages and can't do for long before your body breaks down because of it, and yeah I definitely don't think either will still be around in, or at least by this time in, 2020.

Nakamura I could maybe mayyyyyybe see giving Japan one more shot after it all, but yeah, this isn't a situation where either signed and are going to re-sign. It's a one-contract deal and when it's done, they're out.
Right. I thought by soon you meant in like one or two years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Samoa Joe talked about video games and didnt come off like a geek

he is truly the nonaj goat

thank you TNA
He got real heat though during that Pitbull run. Real heat.

I could get real heat with the drunks, methheads and inbred hillbillies in the ECW crowd tbh

klonere

Banned
Joshua and Klitschko sold out a 90k arena. Let me know when wrestling or MMA does that in 2017...

WM 26: University of Phoenix Stadium; Glendale, Arizona - 72,219
WM 27: Georgia Dome; Atlanta - 71,617
WM 28: Sun Life Stadium; Miami - 78,363
WM 29: MetLife Stadium; East Rutherford, New Jersey - 80,676
WM 30: Mercedes-Benz Superdome; New Orleans - 75,167
WM 31: Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara, California - 76,976
WM 32: AT& T Stadium; Arlington, Texas - 101,763
WM 33: Citrus Bowl; Orlando -​ 75,245

WM 26: University of Phoenix Stadium; Glendale, Arizona - 72,219
WM 27: Georgia Dome; Atlanta - 71,617
WM 28: Sun Life Stadium; Miami - 78,363
WM 29: MetLife Stadium; East Rutherford, New Jersey - 80,676