• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

what happens if wwe is still around in five years

what do the members of #fiveyears do?

It's a monkey's paw thing. If WWE fans get their wish and the company's still a thing in 5 years, it'll be at the expense of NeoGAF no longer being a thing in 5 years. We won't be able to post apologies, or anything, ever again

shaowebb

Just gonna post some...odd moments in wrestling. Talk about any that entertained you. Yes thats Andre the Giant doin a pedigree.

PNBskqd.gif

sIiVKSq.gif

hXDiilJ.gif

2DQia4y.gif

PWS is reporting that WWE is trying to pull Serena Deeb out of retirement for the Women's Tournament.

Would be a good get. She can get the Brian Kendrick type role.

I think Smackdown died when Orton won the belt. His reign had no heat and even felt to go against the "land of opportunity" vibe they had going on. Orton is too much of the old school to feel relevant today. There was a lot of mileage in a full Wyatt reign though. It's just sad they they had to go in that direction.

People talk about Wyatt being a loser and what not but everything with him and Orton prior to the double cross was excellent.

He got a huge reaction for the title win.

He'd been built up huge since basically Survivor Series where he looked like a million bucks

Then Orton did his wacky turn and they did all this pointless spooky shit that went nowhere and Orton won in 9 minutes with a basic RKO and then House of Horrors happened and Wyatt is nothin now.

PWS is reporting that WWE is trying to pull Serena Deeb out of retirement for the Women's Tournament.

Would be a good get. She can get the Brian Kendrick type role.

I mean, on the one hand, yeah, cool!

On the other:

1. You have Sara Del Rey ON PAYROLL
2. How are they struggling so badly with finding talent for this tournament?

Finally finished the first two seasons of Twin Peaks and watched Fire Walk With Me.

Fave Five Twin Peaks Characters from Season 1,2, and movie:
1. Harry
2. Cooper
3. Albert
4. Big Ed
5. Hawk

Starting Season 3 tonight.

On the other:

I don't think they are struggling at all. What makes you think that? I don't see them going after Serena as a sign of desperation, but rather just a vet that people saw in WWE that they can tell a story with. Similar to what they did with Kendrick.

And maybe Sara just doesn't want to wrestle again?

Zach

Finally finished the first two seasons of Twin Peaks and watched Fire Walk With Me.

Fave Five Twin Peaks Characters from Season 1,2, and movie:
1. Harry
2. Cooper
3. Albert
4. Big Ed
5. Hawk

Starting Season 3 tonight.

Why do you hate women, Dental Plan?

But for realz, I'm excited for you. Season 3 has been great, in my opinion. Have fun! :D

I don't think they are struggling at all. What makes you think that? I don't see them going after Serena as a sign of desperation, but rather just a vet that people saw in WWE that they can tell a story with. Similar to what they did with Kendrick.

And maybe Sara just doesn't want to wrestle again?

I guess. They seem to be loading it with PC women from the rumour lists, depends what they're trying to do with it I guess.

klonere

Banned
People talk about Wyatt being a loser and what not but everything with him and Orton prior to the double cross was excellent.

He got a huge reaction for the title win.

He'd been built up huge since basically Survivor Series where he looked like a million bucks

Then Orton did his wacky turn and they did all this pointless spooky shit that went nowhere and Orton won in 9 minutes with a basic RKO and then House of Horrors happened and Wyatt is nothin now.

I'm amazed something they put so much time and effort into, with a very un-WWE like attention to detail and managed to end on an utterly flat dud that did nothing for anybody.

I guess. They seem to be loading it with PC women from the rumour lists, depends what they're trying to do with it I guess.

We've only heard half the field or so at this point. And you need first (and to some degree second) round fodder. I think that's what most, not all, of the PC women will be. The meat of this tournament will be women like Tessa, Toni, Evie, Nixon, and Kairi.

I'm amazed something they put so much time and effort into, with a very un-WWE like attention to detail and manage to somehow end on an utterly flat dud that did nothing for anybody.

Some of the little things they did during that story were so good, too. Orton shoving Bray out of the way of a spear, him cutting in front of Luke to say "RUN" and some other lines as well.

God damned shame how it all ended.

Kaladin

Some of the little things they did during that story were so good, too. Orton shoving Bray out of the way of a spear, him cutting in front of Luke to say "RUN" and some other lines as well.

God damned shame how it all ended.

Yeah, Orton as a Wyatt actually worked and it seemed like he was enjoying himself for the first time in a long time.

We've only heard half the field or so at this point. And you need first (and to some degree second) round fodder. I think that's what most, not all, of the PC women will be. The meat of this tournament will be women like Tessa, Toni, Evie, Nixon, and Kairi.

You're right, there's no point until we know who they've got in.

Foggy

On the other:

They can only have so many Japanese wrestlers and the talent pool just isn't that deep.

For the women's tournament are they doing it so that if you're in the tournament, you must sign a WWE contract? HHH probably wants to avoid another Ibushi and ZSJ situation of people getting far in the tournament and saying no to signing a contract.

Kaladin

For the women's tournament are they doing it so that if you're in the tournament, you must sign a WWE contract? HHH probably wants to avoid another Ibushi and ZSJ situation of people getting far in the tournament and saying no to signing a contract.

Most of if not all of the talent announced already is signed.

Meltzer mentioned that the goal is to make Summerslam this year as big as it's ever been. Which for WWE translates to they will have a lot of part-timers on the show.

I don't think they will all be under contract, but it was said that anyone who makes it far will either be under contract or have an agreement on the table. With Toni, she's been so vocal about WWE being where she wants to be that I don't think they have any fear in pushing her.

Top Bottom