• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Meltzer mentioned that the goal is to make Summerslam this year as big as it's ever been. Which for WWE translates to they will have a lot of part-timers on the show.

I don't think they will all be under contract, but it was said that anyone who makes it far will either be under contract or have an agreement on the table. With Toni, she's been so vocal about WWE being where she wants to be that I don't think they have any fear in pushing her.
HHH vs Angle confirmed then.

Yeah, like maybe the round one or two losers might contain people with no contracts but for the quarter finals and up, it will definitely be all signed talent I would assume.

Most of if not all of the talent announced already is signed.
Yeah that's why I was wondering. I don't think I've heard of anyone in the tournament who hasn't been signed to a contract.

Yeah that's why I was wondering. I don't think I've heard of anyone in the tournament who hasn't been signed to a contract.

I don't know obviously, but I hadn't heard Sugehit even mentioned before today, so I doubt she's signed, and Toni is still working PROGRESS, Lucha Forever and Stardom at least, so I doubt she's on a full deal.

Meltzer also said that WWE has signed Dunne, Bate, Mark Andrews, Trent Seven, and Wolfgang to more traditional paying contracts (upper five figures). No idea how this impacts their status in the UK.

Kaladin

Part of me thinks it's a shame Zack Sabre Jr. didn't sign with WWE, but then the other part of me is glad he's not part of the shit show that is 205 Live. He's an amazing wrestler, but he would have got over about as well as Colt Cabana did in WWE.

People talk about Wyatt being a loser and what not but everything with him and Orton prior to the double cross was excellent.

He got a huge reaction for the title win.

He'd been built up huge since basically Survivor Series where he looked like a million bucks

Then Orton did his wacky turn and they did all this pointless spooky shit that went nowhere and Orton won in 9 minutes with a basic RKO and then House of Horrors happened and Wyatt is nothin now.

WWE has a major and lengthy problem with sticking the landing. 99% of it can be great, but god help you when it gets to that final 1%. Another example that immediately comes to mind: Bayley getting one of the biggest pops the company's had all decade coming out as Sasha's partner for her main-roster debut, plus getting the belt, PLUS getting a Mania title retain. And then................the Alexa feud happens, and the Your Life promo, and the kendo stick pole match, and it's like everything prior didn't happen less than a year ago but a decade ago in terms of contrast from sense to nonsense

I don't know obviously, but I hadn't heard Sugehit even mentioned before today, so I doubt she's signed, and Toni is still working PROGRESS, Lucha Forever and Stardom at least, so I doubt she's on a full deal.

IIRC, Toni is only actually under contract with Stardom. She works per date for Progress and others. And her Stardom contract expires in October if she's on the one-year deal most others that aren't the top people are on.

Meltzer also said that WWE has signed Dunne, Bate, Mark Andrews, Trent Seven, and Wolfgang to more traditional paying contracts (upper five figures). No idea how this impacts their status in the UK.

They're still working indie dates as special live only attractions, minus PROGRESS and ICW who there is a relationship with, ATTACK which Dunne owns, Fight Club which Trent owns, and maaybe OTT? They're still being newly announced for example for Lucha Forever in the last day or so, so maybe not at all?

IIRC, Toni is only actually under contract with Stardom. She works per date for Progress and others. And her Stardom contract expires in October if she's on the one-year deal most others that aren't the top people are on.

Yeah, I more meant she's still doing those so she can't have been snapped up on a full PC deal quite yet.

1IHkh77m.jpg

They're still working indie dates as special live only attractions, minus PROGRESS and ICW who there is a relationship with, ATTACK which Dunne owns, Fight Club which Trent owns, and maaybe OTT? They're still being newly announced for example for Lucha Forever in the last day or so, so maybe not at all?

Yeah, I more meant she's still doing those so she can't have been snapped up on a full PC deal quite yet.

1IHkh77m.jpg

It would be cool if they are simply paying them four times as much while keeping the same terms, but I can't see why they would do that. Especially since it's a renegotiation of an already in place long-term deal. It is clear though that they see those five as their U.K. centerpieces. For a show that still doesn't exist. lol

As for Toni, there was a rumor a few months back that WWE was debating whether to offer her a full-time NXT contract, or to give her one of the UK deals and use her on that brand along with talents like Jinny and Dahlia Black. But I don't know how viable that idea still is given they still haven't gotten that show off the ground.

Lana wins, that amazing sax plays and then

F A B U L O U S

Maybe then for once Carmella's entrance theme will get a reaction :(

I love her theme, but that beginning part needs to go. Beat drops, then starts again when it already sounds lifeless at the start. Just start with the "F A B U L O U S, YES" and it'd make the theme 100 times better.

Kaladin

FlammableD, what do you think of WWE Network eventually getting Progress and IWC? You think the content will eventually mirror what they have on Demand Progress? Could it cancel out Demand Progress all together?

It would be cool if they are simply paying them four times as much while keeping the same terms, but I can't see why they would do that. Especially since it's a renegotiation of an already in place long-term deal. It is clear though that they see those five as their U.K. centerpieces. For a show that still doesn't exist. lol

As for Toni, there was a rumor a few months back that WWE was debating whether to offer her a full-time NXT contract, or to give her one of the UK deals and use her on that brand along with talents like Jinny and Dahlia Black. But I don't know how viable that idea still is given they still haven't gotten that show off the ground.

I think now that World of Sport seems to have truly collapsed (WoS guys are showing up again in PROGRESS, and saying as much on podcasts and Twitter), the pressure's off and WWE are taking their time. The UK deals are also essentially unnecessary at that point.

The UK deals weren't long term particularly, they were a soft 1 year deal. I imagine this is just WWE saying we like you guys, we want to keep you around longer than the year.

I love her theme, but that beginning part needs to go. Beat drops, then starts again when it already sounds lifeless at the start. Just start with the "F A B U L O U S, YES" and it'd make the theme 100 times better.
I agree.

Carmella probably is winning it. But I don't think she'll go for an automatic cash in. She'll have Ellsworth carry it for her for a few months.

Then probably cashes in on Becky whenever she finally gets the title back.

FlammableD, what do you think of WWE Network eventually getting Progress and IWC? You think the content will eventually mirror what they have on Demand Progress? Could it cancel out Demand Progress all together?

uhhhhhhhhhh I'm not one of the doom and gloom CO-OPTED WWE PROGRESS people on Twitter, but I'd very much like to just keep my Demand PROGRESS sub, so I hope not. I think if you assume music rights are important, then it can only be the most recent stuff.

There's so much stuff in PROGRESS and ICW that I just can't see them putting on the Network though, both for content and contractual reasons. If I had to guess? That WWE show starts with mentions and titles from ICW and PROGRESS, at least for a while, with some match playlists on the Network to get people interested in the guys.

uhhhhhhhhhh I'm not one of the doom and gloom CO-OPTED WWE PROGRESS people on Twitter, but I'd very much like to just keep my Demand PROGRESS sub, so I hope not. I think if you assume music rights are important, then it can only be the most recent stuff.

There's so much stuff in PROGRESS and ICW that I just can't see them putting on the Network though, both for content and contractual reasons. If I had to guess? That WWE show starts with mentions and titles from ICW and PROGRESS, at least for a while, with some match playlists on the Network to get people interested in the guys.

Actually, the deals with Progress and ICW are for VOD only specifically because they don't want those promotions to have to change content-wise. Other than the music. That's why it won't show up on the live stream.

somedevil

According to Ryan Satin WWE has reached out to
Serena Deeb
to be in the tournament.

Plus I see Mia Yim being in the tournament. Charlotte already likes all her tweets and she experienced enough to be on the main roster after the tournament is over.

edit: Also mentioned as a possibility is Viper and Marti Belle.

Kaladin

That's a fair point. If they're going to make it a tiered thing, I could see WWE being home to the most recent events either starting with the deal or going back a bit before.

So here are all the names that are either confirmed or very strongly rumored to be in the tournament:

- Zhao Xia

- Mary Kate

- Bianca Blair

- Danielle Kamela

- Julia Ho

- Kimber Lee

- Lacey Evans

- Victoria Gonzales

- Sarah Logan

- Taynara Melo

- Toni Storm

- Princesa Sugehit

- Mia Yim

- Serena Deeb

- Viper

- Kairi Hojo

- Tessa Blanchard

- Nixon Newell

- Evie

That's 19 out of 32, so we still have 13 spots to fill.

WWE definitely could do with a few more guys for it to work mind you. Considering Dar's being sent to ICW for Shug's, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Gallagher wrestle for PROGRESS soon either.

I wonder if they could do a sort of old-school NWA style so, mixing throwing to PROGRESS/ICW with pre-taped interviews at Full Sail.

WWE definitely could do with a few more guys for it to work mind you. Considering Dar's being sent to ICW for Shug's, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Gallagher wrestle for PROGRESS soon either.

I wonder if they could do a sort of old-school NWA style so, mixing throwing to PROGRESS/ICW with pre-taped interviews at Full Sail.

I mean fuck it, just send Noam back

plz wwe :'(

I said it a while back, the best thing that could come from WWE expanding is NJPW style excursions. Doubt we'll see that.

I mean fuck it, just send Noam back

plz wwe :'(

I said it a while back, the best thing that could come from WWE expanding is NJPW style excursions. Doubt we'll see that.

Noam is working ICW in late July. And that's a main roster guy. So who knows what the future holds.

I think Triple H would love to have the excursion system, except instead of sending talent to CMLL or NJPW, they'd send talent to NXT Mexico and NXT Japan.

Any word on who's commenting with JR?

Rumor lately has been Lita.

Anth0ny

Meltzer mentioned that the goal is to make Summerslam this year as big as it's ever been. Which for WWE translates to they will have a lot of part-timers on the show.

HHH/Angle
Brock/Braun
Goldberg/Roman
Cena/Orton

they'll have given up on Jinder by this point. he won't be on the card.

I could see AJ/Jinder at Summerslam. AJ wins the belt, then Corbin cashes in on him and takes it. AJ vs. Corbin for the fall.

And also Cena/Nakamura. Cena loves putting over internet favorites at Summerslam.

I could see AJ/Jinder at Summerslam. AJ wins the belt, then Corbin cashes in on him and takes it. AJ vs. Corbin for the fall.

And also Cena/Nakamura. Cena loves putting over internet favorites at Summerslam.
Isn't WWE touring India after Summerslam though? Jinder would need to be involved in the title scene so he can't be left out.

As long as this all ends up with AJ/namamura at Wrestlemania I'm fine with whatever. This is all filler till then.

She'll win and then the MITB winner will cash in the briefcase. She'll be champ for 5 mins.

I really wish they pushed Lana as somebody who just wanted to win the title in their first match and didn't care about holding it. Encouraging the winner of MitB to help her win the title so they can get an easy victory over her.

Top Bottom