• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Man every feud is so directionless

Bray v Seth. Whats the reason? Because Bray.
Roman v ???
Joe v Lesnar is good but Joe will be chewdd up and spat out
Dean v Miz is stale
Finn v ???
AJ v ???
Owens v ???
Baron v Zayn keeps stopping and resuming
Nakamura v ???
Dolph v ???
Shesaro/Hardyz feels so tired because of the typical booking
No other tag team on Raw feuding
Breezango/ND/Usos is good

There's nothing happening and nobody really seems to hate each other outside Joe/Lesnar.

Syder

But it made me want him to lose so bad and he didn't lose. I just don't see an interesting story with Tanahashi as champ, where as Naito running truly rough shot on the company after throwing away a once prestigious title that was rendered meaningless when Nak left would have been great.
I agree Naito was an amazing Champion but in my head during the match Tanahashi was just trying to get things over as quickly as possible because of his injury and I didn't really care who won because the mach-up was finally delivering after the disappointing WK match.

Egg0

Banned
Imagine if Naito had successfully defended the IC title and pawned it. He moves on to bigger and better things.

A match with The One, Billy Gunn.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man every feud is so directionless

Bray v Seth. Whats the reason? Because Bray.
Roman v ???
Joe v Lesnar is good but Joe will be chewdd up and spat out
Dean v Miz is stale
Finn v ???
AJ v ???
Owens v ???
Baron v Zayn keeps stopping and resuming
Nakamura v ???
Dolph v ???
Shesaro/Hardyz feels so tired because of the typical booking
No other tag team on Raw feuding
Breezango/ND/Usos is good

There's nothing happening and nobody really seems to hate each other outside Joe/Lesnar.
MITB tends to make angles stop since it requires all of your top guys to do the match.

I'm honestly surprised that Zayn has mostly just won his feud with Corbin.

They haven't even started the stuff for Balls yet.

Adree

Rachel Ellering signed with Lucha Underground.

Seems weird to jump on that ship now of all times, but good for her getting paid.

I imagine the next season of Lucha Underground will be filmed this year and then split into 10 parts to be played out over the next 5 years to an audience of about 5,000 max. Wise decision.

A trend this decade (for everyone but Cena, as always) is to have the briefcase winner lose either all the time after winning, and/or lose all the time before winning, the briefcase. Which is why it's safe to assume Corbin's the favorite to get it today

Cage vs Morrison at AAW was sloppy as hell, Morrison almost dying multiple times

Captain Steroids was moving at half speed and fucking up spots

Who's the biggest piece of shit ever in pro wrestling?

My vote goes to hogan

Not even top ten when you have to contend with pimps, murderers, thieves, and child molesters/rapists and their enablers. Hell, The Fabulous Moolah alone falls under several of those, not to mention her role in pretty much killing women's wrestling in North America.

Power abusing racists in wrasslin' are a dime a dozen.

Adree

Not even top ten when you have to contend with pimps, murderers, thieves, and child molesters/rapists and their enablers. Hell, The Fabulous Moolah alone falls under several of those, not to mention her role in pretty much killing women's wrestling in North America.

Power abusing racists in wrasslin' are a dime a dozen.

Yeah Moolah is 100x worse than Hogan ever was. Got a lot of murderers to choose from as well before you get to the Orange Goblin.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A trend this decade (for everyone but Cena, as always) is to have the briefcase winner lose either all the time after winning, and/or lose all the time before winning, the briefcase. Which is why it's safe to assume Corbin's the favorite to get it today
They're making it pretty clear Corbin might win. I'm neither surprised nor upset if he does.

Corbin is not that bad. He's waaaaaaay more legit than Jinder.

I put Moolah as my biggest piece of shit in wrestling, but Vince has to be higher. There's also the problem than Chris Benoit is on that list and I mean come on.

If you wanted you gice Corbin the case and then give Cena his big stupid 17th and have Corbin kick the shit out of him either right there or during his big record breaking celebration on the next Tuesday.

Just have Corbin completely wreck him and rob Cena of a big 17 celebration.

Big heel heat

Teeth

If you wanted you gice Corbin the case and then give Cena his big stupid 17th and have Corbin kick the shit out of him either right there or during his big record breaking celebration on the next Tuesday.

Just have Corbin completely wreck him and rob Cena of a big 17 celebration.

Big heel heat

Anyone denying Cena his 17th, or ruining his celebration, would get the hugest CHEERS this side of Stroman murdering Roman.

Teeth

That works too.

Which, honestly, means I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that (denying Cena it, not ruining the celebration. I honestly think they are going to save his 17th for right before he retires or goes Undertaker/HHH schedule), mostly because they don't have any idea whether they want their heels to be 'cool heels' or 'hated heels', so they just do things with their quasi-faces that get big reactions.

Which, honestly, means I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that (denying Cena it, not ruining the celebration. I honestly think they are going to save his 17th for right before he retires or goes Undertaker/HHH schedule), mostly because they don't have any idea whether they want their heels to be 'cool heels' or 'hated heels', so they just do things with their quasi-faces that get big reactions.

Corbin fucking Cena's big 17th celebration or victory would be a pretty great moment.

More so the celebration IMO, like just trash him in a decked out ring, with a celebratory carpet and all make for a unique 3 count visual.

Teeth

Corbin fucking Cena's big 17th celebration or victory would be a pretty great moment.

More so the celebration IMO, like just trash him in a decked out ring, with a celebratory carpet and all make for a unique 3 count visual.

ehhh...I think there's mileage they can get out of the WHEN WILL CENA GET THE 17th!?!?? that can drive a lot of individual stories. They just need to find a bunch of different ways to deny him it.

Corbin cashing in right before Cena beats <whoever> is just one way.

A Corbin Cena feud would be zzzzzzzzzzzzzz though. Both guys work best with opponents much smaller than them.

Adree

They could have Cena beat Jinder then get smashed by Corbin so bad that he retreats to Raw and feuds with someone else. Hilarious if he gets his 17th off of Jinder though.

ehhh...I think there's mileage they can get out of the WHEN WILL CENA GET THE 17th!?!?? that can drive a lot of individual stories. They just need to find a bunch of different ways to deny him it.

Corbin cashing in right before Cena beats <whoever> is just one way.

A Corbin Cena feud would be zzzzzzzzzzzzzz though. Both guys work best with opponents much smaller than them.

That'd be interesting actually Cena hits the AA, Corbin is at rig side, ref counts 1,2 Corbin cashes in stopping the count drills Cena and wins.

I fucking hate the idea of Cena's 17th though so completely ruining the big celebration is what I want to see.

Adree

That'd be interesting actually Cena hits the AA, Corbin is at rig side, ref counts 1,2 Corbin cashes in stopping the count drills Cena and wins.

I fucking hate the idea of Cena's 17th though so completely ruining the big celebration is what I want to see.

Give Cena 17 more reigns imo, he's the only draw anyway.

MC Safety

Is AJ Lee's book worth 13 of my dollars?

It's an interesting read. She's a talented writer.

I don't want to spoil anything, but wrestling isn't the focus of the book.

I borrowed the book from the library and enjoyed it. It's quick and breezy, and you should be able to finish it in a weekend.

Teeth

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Cena anymore.

-He puts on stellar matches when he's with someone who has something to prove (US Open Championship, AJ Styles, et al)

-He's good on the mic. When he's saying the stuff he usually says, he's excellent at controlling the crowd and says it with verve and passion. When he's speaking off the cuff and running down his opponent, like when he shot on Ambrose, he's actually really good.

-His new character, the Brandon Stroud-referenced "I'm John Cena, I get what I want, fuck you, I'm the only one here who counts" actually works well for the sort of face/smark heel character that actually takes into account his history instead of completely ignoring it and constantly trying to present him as an honorable underdog (like they did with Roman up until the Rumble this year).

-He's not around as much anymore, so it's not as easy to get sick of seeing him

-He's actually lost more than he's won in significant matches over the last couple of years which allows storylines to breathe rather than always ending in lolcenawins.

It's not that I like Cena, it's that I find him useful now. Instead of being the linchpin that try to tell every story around, they have a specific spot that can create actual storylines with specific characters.

orioto

Good Art™
MITB tends to make angles stop since it requires all of your top guys to do the match.

They haven't even started the stuff for Balls yet.

It shouldn't tho. There is no reason. It's like RR, it's better when there is a dynamic from individual feuds. It's really weird to me how people think AJ and Owens are still feuding but they had zero interactions of their own for a month. They could have kept that feud going in the promo to the MitB.

Which makes me wonder if AJ is not winning it, cause why would they stop that feud if AJ is not moved to something else.

People even think Nakamura will feud with Owens now, cause of him pinning him 3 times (what a great way to start a feud -_-). I wonder of Nakamura will have a streak for a while to keep him strong like in NXT. If so, that means they will have to make the whole upper roster bitches, which i don't really like.

Now about that MitB, everyone seems to think Corbin is the logical choice. I guess i agree cause it'll elevate him. And he lost a lot it seems (but he was also featured as the important focus for the match many times). Now you could also say Owens was not booked strong at all that month, being pinned 3 times, and even not having a lot of offense in the go home tag team match, like if they didn't want to show him with any kind of momentum going in the match. But Owens with the briefcase is not good right now cause they need to balance the strengths in their roster rather.

I would personally use that weird period where none of the main eventer for the title are really a draw anyway, to have a crazy Samy win + cash in on heel Mahal. There is more money, or at least way more hype in Zayn sudden breaking of the glass ceilling and defending the title than Orton feuding with Mahal.

I like that the Last Night e3 thread now reads like a horror show of awful meninist bullshit in the OP, followed directly by Zach saying "I like its style".

I feel conflicted about Monster Hunter World. I am desperately keen for a new MH game but worried about the changes and bummed about lack of local co-op. Will be nice to have a MH game on PC though.

Its fucking with me to the extent I am playing MH4U again. From the start.

Hasney

I'm just bummed we're not getting XX Switch. I don't buy the rumours of Sony throwing money at them to not bring it over here on Nintendo, but it gets on XBox. Capcom are just a weird company.

Dunno, I like Monster Hunter as my game while watching sports or some shit.

Menome

Decent interview with Bobby Roode on this week's Edge & Christian podcast. Didn't realise quite how long he'd been in the business for, with one of his earliest matches with Edge that he talks about having been in 1998.

Jamie OD

I feel conflicted about Monster Hunter World. I am desperately keen for a new MH game but worried about the changes and bummed about lack of local co-op. Will be nice to have a MH game on PC though.

Capcom's current track record has me concerned but I want to give it a shot.

I still can't Kane won a Mitb match
He gradually destroys everyone in the match, it's bloody glorious, I should rewatch it myself

I'm just bummed we're not getting XX Switch. I don't buy the rumours of Sony throwing money at them to not bring it over here on Nintendo, but it gets on XBox. Capcom are just a weird company.

Capcom could have my money for both, as someone who wants the series shaken up yet also enjoys the reliable current style and its mighty wealth of content.

But nope, Capcom done Capcom'd

Zach

Who's the biggest piece of shit ever in pro wrestling?

My vote goes to hogan

I dunno. Not Hogan. For example:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...e-sentenced-jail-25-years-sex-crimes/8896275/

I like that the Last Night e3 thread now reads like a horror show of awful meninist bullshit in the OP, followed directly by Zach saying "I like its style".

Oh, I'm sorry I believe in egalitarianism or whatever that douchebag tries to use as cover.

I'm pissed about XX not coming to Switch too. My huntan friends both already have a Switch, XX + Mario XCOM would be enough to push me to get one. Capcom are idiots.

Capcom's current track record has me concerned but I want to give it a shot.

This is another big concern I have. I can't really think of a time Capcom changing up one of their franchises has led to something good. Ever.

Capcom could have my money for both, as someone who wants the series shaken up yet also enjoys the reliable current style and its mighty wealth of content.

But nope, Capcom done Capcom'd

Pretty much. I would 100% have bought both. I think the people super angry about World would also be much less angry and probably even be appropriately excited about it.

Yapper Man #4 debuted in M-Pro, but his identity remains a mystery;

HYN89wf.jpg

Top Bottom