• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Heroman

Banned
Who's the biggest piece of shit ever in pro wrestling?

My vote goes to hogan
biDFHU0.gif

Zach

What did he make? Happy Father's Day.

My daughter made an abstract art project for me. She tried to eat most of it, but it's still going on a wall somewhere.
That's the spirit!

He made waffles, faux sausage, orange slices, and some cinnamon Chex. >_>

Oh, and a Happy Father's Day to you.

Did you really assume that, Sir_Crocodile? If so, I'd like to know why. Even if it's insulting. >_>

Well, mostly due to you watching all this old wrasslin for the first time which makes me assume you weren't around the first time to see it. But now that I think about it, wrasslemania 17 was sixteen years ago, so it's more me being an old fart and thinking we're closer to the millennium then we are. Other then that, your exuberance and natural sunny disposition, unblighted by the rigours of age.

The only person in this thread I assume is too young for a gaf account is OwensIsTrump.

Zach

I lived the Monday Night Warz live, brother. (I'm 32.) I lapsed for 10+ years and then came back with the Network. And then I was stupid and started a comprehensive journey that I could never abandon.

That's hard times, daddeh.

Btw, that wrestling observer interview meltz and alvarez did with riddle?

Riddle was high for the whole thing, for anyone wondering if he's cleaned up enough for wwf

I lived the Monday Night Warz live, brother. (I'm 32.) I lapsed for 10+ years and then came back with the Network. And then I was stupid and started a comprehensive journey that I could never abandon.

That's hard times, daddeh.

Man, you relived WWF 93-96 and WCW 99-00 PPVs on purpose?

Definitely a bigger piece of shit then the guy who murdered his own son with his wrestling finsher... oh wait.
Wait, do you actually believe Benoit killed his son with the CC?!

E:wow I just googled it. I wish I had never known that. I can't believe people still use that move on fucking TV.

From RBH's post on the WWE writer; this one was interesting to me:

one of McMahon’s favorite sayings is “perception becomes reality.”

The current season of Fargo, there is a character named V.M. Varga, and in an episode he mentions this exact saying.

If his initials are Vince McMahon I'm going to mark out hard.

Beefy

Wait, do you actually believe Benoit killed his son with the CC?!

E:wow I just googled it. I wish I had never known that. I can't believe people still use that move on fucking TV.

Yeah it's weird that in the UK it is fairly well known he used it, but inside the US it is hardly known.

TheCool69

Neo Member
As a father who very much loves his son, i need to ask WrassleGAF a hard question.

Where is Blue ? Havent seen that whippersnapper in a while

Tagyhag

I wouldn't worry too much about Blue, he's had activity in this forum since earlier today, and he knows that we're here for him if he needs us.

He probably just got sick of you jobbers failing to grab the brass ring.

Zach

Man, you relived WWF 93-96 and WCW 99-00 PPVs on purpose?

Well, like, I barely ever watched WWF until 1999-2001. And I didn't even follow it closely then. Here's roughly how it went for me:

~90-95: watch WCW whenever I could, which wasn't often; very rarely stumble into some WWF

96-98: WCW super fan; kept up with WWF, but only loved a couple guys

99-01: pretty much stopped watching WCW; watched WWF from time to time with friendz

02-13: LAPSED

14-present: Network Era; began chrono-watch; kind of keep up with current programming

near future: hopefully LAPSED-ing again

Edit: I always mistakenly think the Network started up in 2015. It was 2014. My brain doesn't want to admit I've been doing this so long. >_>

klonere

Banned
Vince not being committed to long term stories, or even stories full stop in favor of moments is the least surprising thing I've heard in a long while.

Well, like, I barely ever watched WWF until 1999-2001. And I didn't even follow it closely then. Here's roughly how it went for me:

~90-95: watch WCW whenever I could, which wasn't often; very rarely stumble into some WWF

96-98: WCW super fan; kept up with WWF, but only loved a couple guys

99-01: pretty much stopped watching WCW; watched WWF from time to time with friendz

02-14: LAPSED

15-present: Network Era; began chrono-watch; kind of keep up with current programming

near future: hopefully LAPSED-ing again

You need to get into NJPW brother

As Hogan himself said, it's the only title that matters.

Top Bottom