• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

shaowebb

Fire Pro is bad because it looks, sounds, and plays like shit. Not because it's complicated.
WPqCzoN.gif

Learn to take a breath and not mash for counters. Game is fantastic.

Screw the Haters, Jinder is a good heel champ

Carmella is still terrible even with that promo last night. It's not even that I dislike her as a heel, she just sucks to see taking up space in the ring.

Screw the Haters, Jinder is a good heel champ

Carmella is still terrible even with that promo last night. It's not even that I dislike her as a heel, she just sucks to see taking up space in the ring.

Okay, I don't get how Bliss is any better especially considering Bliss hasn't delivered a promo as well as Carmella did last night. The Smackdown roster consists of Tamina and Natty who haven't performed as well as Carmella did last night in their entire careers.

Fuck, I don't see how you can call Jinder good but say Carmella's taking up space. Not that I hate Jinder.

Outside of that I just watch the HHH interview and it's fucking awful. Guy can't just say that it's important that the women got the same shot as the men when they curtain jerked, couldn't do spots as big as the the guys (or that they made elderly women take decades ago) and chose that finish. Also all faces/representatives need to drop the "Man up" and "You're not a man!" The only time that shit should fly is when it's used to build up heat between a man and woman and when it ends with the woman going over.

Oh please, Jinder isn't the sole reason for drop in interest. Can we please stop acting like putting a belt on AJ or Nak will suddenly shoot tickets & ratings back up.

Jinder's a known quantity and he's not doing the ratings any favours. Didn't they have better numbers when AJ was champ and Nak's never been given a shot at it so who knows?

Oh please, Jinder isn't the sole reason for drop in interest. Can we please stop acting like putting a belt on AJ or Nak will suddenly shoot tickets & ratings back up.

Ratings are fucked with Jinder as champ and were on the up when AJ was champ so... ?

And no he isnt the sole reason but he is hardly helping.

Okay, I don't get how Bliss is any better especially considering Bliss hasn't delivered a promo as well as Carmella did last night. The Smackdown roster consists of Tamina and Natty who haven't performed as well as Carmella did last night in their entire careers.

Fuck, I don't see how you can call Jinder good but say Carmella's taking up space. Not that I hate Jinder.

Outside of that I just watch the HHH interview and it's fucking awful. Guy can't just say that it's important that the women got the same shot as the men when they curtain jerked, couldn't do spots as big as the the guys (or that they made elderly women take decades ago) and chose that finish. Also all faces/representatives need to drop the "Man up" and "You're not a man!" The only time that shit should fly is when it's used to build up heat between a man and woman and when it ends with the woman going over.

Alexa, to me, comes across as heel and someone who is trying to be mean and dirty to win. Carmella just seems like the typical person I've seen my whole life who thinks their entitled to things and hot shit, but are really just spoiled. I have zero interest in watching anything she does because everytime it comes off as some indie shit trying to hard. Just nothing feels natural.

Jinder is absolutely holding the belt until Cena is back, but Jinder at least comes off as a shit heel. He has an arrogance and evil to him.

Ratings are fucked with Jinder as champ and were on the up when AJ was champ so... ?

And no he isnt the sole reason but he is hardly helping.

Smackdown a year ago vs smackdown now is totally different. Smackdown has totally fallen into the Raw trap of rehashing matches week in and week out.

Cagey

Banned
Who would make a good heel champion in today's WWE that people here would boo.

Not cheer and enjoy and applaud and chant for.

Actually boo.

You know, the reaction villains are supposed to receive.

I'm not denying Jinder doesn't suck, but the show was dipping before he became champ.

Actually boo.

Miz, Corbin, Sheamus (as a heel), Neville, Rusev. I think KO and AJ could probably do it if they were given the opportunity to go full heel and not comedic act.

Fox318

Actually boo.

I don't think its possible for current WWE to create a compelling heel champion.

Only way they can go is groan heat like Ellsworth as champion.

The only reason we have to still discuss heels vs faces with regards to WWE is because they've done a terrible job of transitioning away from that. It's this awful hybrid of heel/faces vs feuds

Sephzilla

I'm generally happy that some of the old guard has left. WrassleGAF is a healthier much less toxic place. Don't have to worry about people derailing conversations with concern trolling or the like anymore.

Alexa, to me, comes across as heel and someone who is trying to be mean and dirty to win. Carmella just seems like the typical person I've seen my whole life who thinks their entitled to things and hot shit, but are really just spoiled. I have zero interest in watching anything she does because everytime it comes off as some indie shit trying to hard. Just nothing feels natural.

Carmella comes across as far more genuine to me. You're right in that she's spoilt and useless but she leans into it. Last night she gave a promo where she didn't genuinely give a shit about it being a historic moment outside of it revolved around hair and she stuck to the rules of the match, she even backed it up with past interference. One of the issues I have with Alexa is because outside when she's crying on Talking Smack nothing she says seems genuine to me, sure she can be witty but that's it. It's the same way she doesn't seem genuine in the ring because she's booked to dominate far taller, far more competent women in the ring without any explanation why.

Jinder is absolutely holding the belt until Cena is back, but Jinder at least comes off as a shit heel. He has an arrogance and evil to him.

He does the same shit as Carmella did last night only nothing he says makes sense nor does he have a great delivery nor does he have actual clean wins against anybody. Compare him saying "People hate me because I'm different" and nobody bringing up his cheating to Carmella's "Yeah, I was never given an opportunity despite pinning the champ twice, when Lana gets a shot in her first match. Why the fuck should I not take the only shot I had at a title match or care about anything but me?". She's also a great mirror to Becky who's been struggling with people going over her for months because the cheat, she always sees it coming but can't do anything to break the rules. It raises the question of will Becky finally break. On the other hand Jinder say people hate them because they're racist and Randy says shit that makes him seem racist.

Smackdown a year ago vs smackdown now is totally different. Smackdown has totally fallen into the Raw trap of rehashing matches week in and week out.

It also has Jinder as champ against a boring opponent as opposed to somebody exciting being involved in the main event. I won't deny the overall quality of the show has fallen outside of the tag division, but you can't just ignore certain changes whilst claiming it all comes down to others.

Top Bottom