• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Sephzilla

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/...n-cena-free-agent-rusev-return-smackdown-live

There's already speculation that if Roman Reigns gets a title shot at SummerSlam, that could mean he wins the title from Brock Lesnar and John Cena would be his opponent at WrestleMania 34.

tenor.gif

Cagey

Banned

Music video:

The camera cuts to Mike on a motorcycle, racing down a Southwestern desert highway at dusk. We see Maria riding on back, clutching onto Mike. Her smile shows she's at home in this embrace, but her eyes betray her: she's worried.

She turns back and sees the county sheriff, lights flashing, relentlessly pursuing them. The sheriff shows no signs of stopping. He never did. Will he ever?

She turns back, gripping Mike more tightly than before. A sense of urgency.

A tear rolls down her cheek. She's happy; blissfully, painfully so. But can they reach the ever after spoken of in those fairy tales? She's unsure. But she believes. She has to believe. She must.

*guitar solo, cut to Slash shredding on a cliff, November Rain style*

Keyword here is speculation, meaning it could be something people are just pulling out their asses.

Dave said it's something they're considering, that was it

They really don't like everyone knowing their Mania plan a year in advance unless they absolutely want them to know or they absolutely want to do it then

Sephzilla

Roman vs Cena for the title at WrestleMania might be the only scenario these days where Cena gets a 100% face ovation. Maybe that's Vince's plan

Sephzilla

The Shield put on some pretty great matches together. It's amazing that they can't seem to put on the same level of matches against each other

Feels like I haven't watched or cared for Mania's Main Event in over a decade now. Pretty much since the part-timers started taking over.

WrestleMania 30's main event is the last one I cared about. And by main event I mean the Bryan vs HHH match, because that was the true main event of WM30

Recall

I've said before and I'll say it again.

If that chump beats Cena I'm done for the foreseeable future.

But if they are going with Roman then they should go all the fucking way. Don't half ass it.

Reigns beat Taker. Reigns pins Brock, then beats Cena. Yes we don't like Reigns but this back and forth 3 year mega push is far more annoying. Rip the band aid off, give Reigns his year long title reign then move on. Let them finally get it out of their systems.

I'd take Lesnar dropping to Reigns just to get the belt focus back on tv, I'm still amazed that the last Raw PPV main event was five guys fighting to get the chance to lose to Lesnar.

Plus Cena/Roman at mania? that's more than fine by me.
In general though WWE booking so far ahead instead of for what's right in front of them is maddening, someone was saying to me earlier that Styles vs Nak should be a mania match yet I'm just thinking "if there's demand for it now and it'll be good then take the chance to do it sooner rather than later", partly because I fear AJ will get injured at some point.

Roman vs Cena for the title at WrestleMania might be the only scenario these days where Cena gets a 100% face ovation. Maybe that's Vince's plan

Maybe this was Vince's ridiculously convoluted long term booking overall?!

If you're going to make Reigns the greatest of all time, there can't be any Name he hasn't beat

And they're going to make him the greatest of all time. HHH and Vince have never stuck behind someone this long without going all the way with the plan they have for him

Be glad Reigns to SD didn't happen, because he'd have already pinned Nakamura clean by now

Anth0ny

roman vs cena for cena's 17th title?

that's definitely a mania worthy match. cena will go over, get 100% crowd support for the first time in 12 years, then do the honors next year for reigns' 5th straight mania main event

Sephzilla

Brock/Roman is a match I'd root for Roman more or less because it's the lesser of two evils and the belt gets back on TV.

Cena vs Roman would go one of two directions

1) It would be a finisher spam/reversal matchup like the Rock/Cena matches were because Roman's moveset is fairly limited
2) It would be a potentially great match because Roman has the capability to put on pretty damn solid matches with the right opponents (Bryan and Styles, for example).

But my god, if Vince seriously tries to end back to back WrestleManias with Roman beating Taker and then beating Cena then he's totally lost it

Beefy

Brock/Roman is a match I'd root for Roman more or less because it's the lesser of two evils and the belt gets back on TV.

1) It would be a finisher spam/reversal matchup like the Rock/Cena matches were because Roman's moveset is fairly limited
2) It would be a potentially great match because Roman has the capability to put on pretty damn solid matches with the right opponents (Bryan and Styles, for example).

But my god, if Vince seriously tries to end back to back WrestleManias with Roman beating Taker and then beating Cena then he's totally lost it

Roman is going to end up with both belts

Recall

But it makes sense.

If Roman can beat the Undertaker, why can't he beat Cena?

Cena winning is more stupid. It undercuts the Taker loss even more.

Recall

Because Taker is a washed up 50 year old man and Cena isn't?

Cena is 40 whatever.

If you are going to push a new guy, fucking do it right. Why do it all just to go "lol Cena wins". Move forward.

If you are going to force Reigns then force it.

Fuck the old guard. Kill it and save it for surprise Rumble entrants.

http://stillrealtous.com/wwe-offici...storyline-for-bayley-heading-into-summerslam/

However, WWE officials are still making plans for her heading into the summer. An idea has come to light for her heading into Summerslam, but it’s out of the box. Rajah has reported that the powers that be are planning a huge romantic angle for Bayley for Summerslam.

WWE officials are planning to continue focusing on Bayley’s innocence, and it’s going to come to light that Bayley has never kissed a man before. The idea is that angle will continue to be pushed heading into Summerslam with her having her first kiss after her match at the event.

There is some speculation that Corey Graves is the favorite for the role, but the powers that be have yet to make up their mind about who will play the man in this scenario. On paper, an angle like this could be cute, but there is a good chance most WWE fans will really dislike it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Sephzilla

Cena is 40 whatever.

If you are going to push a new guy, fucking do it right. Why do it all just to go "lol Cena wins". Move forward.

If you are going to force Reigns then force it.

Fuck the old guard. Kill it and save it for surprise Rumble entrants.

They've already forced Reigns. They pretty much managed to condense the entire decade of Cena Wins LOL irritation that built up with fans into a 3/4 year time span

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
if they do this, the payoff should be her slowly turning into Io's gimmick in Stardom.

Top Bottom