• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

MC Safety

Can you imagine if they'd chosen Rusev for the top foreign heel champ?

Jinder was the right choice. The WWE has no need to capture the vaguely Eastern European market.

This will probably be tough for people to swallow, but Jinder is also a better evil foreigner than Rusev. Plus, he has henchmen.

Syder

Jinder was the right choice. The WWE has no need to capture the vaguely Eastern European market.

This will probably be tough for people to swallow, but Jinder is also a better evil foreigner than Rusev. Plus, he has henchmen.
Making choices to gain short-term boosts in foreign markets is a shitty decision for your company in the long-term.

Jinder is not better than Rusev in any aspect except 'roid injecting. 2 months ago Jinder was essentially Rusev's henchman.

Heroman

Banned

What? Did you forget about rusev run as a foreign heel?

Tagyhag

I love how fragile some are...oh noes it doesn't have enough P, I can't play it!

If Fallout 4 was 240p you wouldn't play it, because you wouldn't realize that there's some raiders right in front of you and you'd die all the time.

Hate all you want, but resolution has a clear gameplay difference. Unless you think playing games blind is the same as if you could see what you're doing? 😏

Recall

If Fallout 4 was 240p you wouldn't play it, because you wouldn't realize that there's some raiders right in front of you and you'd die all the time.

Hate all you want, but resolution has a clear gameplay difference. Unless you think playing games blind is the same as if you could see what you're doing? 😏

So you think when we played older consoles we couldn't see anything until 4K came along?

This attitude of games are bad unless it has the highest resolution is fucking atrocious. "lol it's 720p" How delicate must you be that you can't play games to actually play them, the fun and enjoyment comes from playing the games. Playing.

My Dreamcast outputs 240p games with great visual clarity, open your eyes and play the games stop worrying about numbers you don't even understand unless you watch a YouTube video first telling you how you should act.

Hasney

Hate all you want, but resolution has a clear gameplay difference. Unless you think playing games blind is the same as if you could see what you're doing? ��

... I still play games that were made in 240p. You design around the limitations and if the limitation is 720p, then you're not "blind".

Tagyhag

So you think when we played older consoles we couldn't see anything until 4K came along?

Did those games have the LOD and distance of Fallout 4?

... I still play games that were made in 240p. You design around the limitations and if the limitation is 720p, then you're not "blind".

Exactly, you design around the game because resolution clearly makes a gameplay difference.

Like in ARMA 3 for example, it's harder to see someone a mile away with an internal resolution of 720p than 4K, that's just objectively true. Less pixels = less detail = harder to see far away.

But I digress, this is too nerdy of a talk for a wrasslin thread.

Recall

Did those games have the LOD and distance of Fallout 4?

Exactly, you design around the game because resolution clearly makes a gameplay difference.

Like in ARMA 3 for example, it's harder to see someone a mile away with an internal resolution of 720p than 4K, that's just objectively true. Less pixels = less detail = harder to see far away.

But I digress, this is too nerdy of a talk for a wrasslin thread.

There was a fucking post where someone complained that Tekken 7 was 720p on a Xbox one console and that some how made it unplayable.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You cannot make any excuse for saying Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion is a good idea unless you also believe Curt Hawkins or Bo Dallas deserves to be WWE Champion.

Tagyhag

You cannot make any excuse for saying Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion is a good idea unless you also believe Curt Hawkins or Bo Dallas deserves to be WWE Champion.

Bronx you'll see the light once he pulls out THE 5 star match at MITB.

Unless you're Data West's alt then we don't need to tussle...unless of course you want to?

Resolution landmine death match with Zach on a pole.

That's a deep cut bro.

SOON
DBVvYFPVoAE_EXd

Last one is not AJ's fault.

I had no idea those were planned spots. Thanks for the info, Markvengers23.

Trying to say mistakes are the same as deliberately going out to mess your body up?

Choosing to be a professional wrestler is a choice to mess your body up. Those botches are all possible outcomes and something that a professional wrestler has to recognize as potential outcomes of the risks that they take every match.

So what is the actual difference between agreeing to taking a suplex or powerbomb bump that could hurt your back, neck, or brain and taking a bump that involves glass, barbed wire, nails, or scissors? From my perspective, watching professional wrestling is watching people choosing to hurt themselves for my amusement. Is it the blood? Is it the scarring? Is it okay for wrestlers to get dropped on his shoulder, head, or neck because we can't see the visceral damage unless it's really bad, like the gifs I chose?

I'm just trying to tease what the actual line is for y'all because I don't get it.

Call me a mark if it makes you feel better. I've accepted that I'm a creep for watching people hurt themselves for my pleasure. And if you haven't or if you want to draw boundaries between what is acceptable self-harm for your amusement and what isn't, I hope that you can at least verbalized your rationale.

Beefy

Choosing to be a professional wrestler is a choice to mess your body up. Those botches are all possible outcomes and something that a professional wrestler has to recognize as potential outcomes of the risks that they take every match.

So what is the actual difference between agreeing to taking a suplex or powerbomb bump that could hurt your back, neck, or brain and taking a bump that involves glass, barbed wire, nails, or scissors? From my perspective, watching professional wrestling is watching people choosing to hurt themselves for my amusement. Is it the blood? Is it the scarring? Is it okay for wrestlers to get dropped on his shoulder, head, or neck because we can't see the visceral damage unless it's really bad, like the gifs I chose?

I'm just trying to tease what the actual line is for y'all because I don't get it.

Call me a mark if it makes you feel better. I've accepted that I'm a creep for watching people hurt themselves for my pleasure. And if you haven't or if you want to draw boundaries between what is acceptable self-harm for your amusement and what isn't, I hope that you can at least verbalized your rationale.
You said it in your post. Wresting that I watch, you choose to do moves that you may get injured doing, but most of the time don't. If you are getting smashed over the head by a light, stabbed by some sort of knife, dropped on scissors etc you are going out to injure some one or yourself, the two are very different. It's why I don't like the real head butt stuff in NJPW either.

Foggy

You said it in your post. Wresting that I watch, you choose to do moves that you may get injured doing, but most of the time don't. If you are getting smashed over the head by a light, stabbed by some sort of knife, dropped on scissors etc you are going out to injure some one or yourself, the two are very different. It's why I don't like the real head butt stuff in NJPW either.

The sooner you realize the difference isn't as great as you'd imagine, the happier you'll be

Beefy

The sooner you realize the difference isn't as great as you'd imagine, the happier you'll be
Sooner you realise people have different opinions the better you will be. People using weapons etc to intentionally hurt some one or themselves isn't my thing.

---------

The London van attack has got me pissed off 😢

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so are the rumours of
JoeJoeJoeSamoaJoe
winning extreme rules to setup
Joespoilerslongnamesoitsnotobvious
vs Brock legit?

its like the match we dreamed of back in
nxt joe days remember those
, except 99.9% sure the match wont actually be what we dreamed of, because...well because WWE.

Top Bottom