• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Barrage

I think the plans the same as it has been all year-they think Omega's gonna leave, so they're gonna have him face Ibushi as his farewell and do Naito VS Okada at WK.

Another story is Okada wins the B block and then the G1 but loses to Omega (Okada's only loss).

Meaning there's no automatic challenger for Okada at WK because he won G1 leaving Omega to be like I beat you let's do this one last time (with the option of not doing this if Omega is leaving)

Jamie OD

I'm digging those blocks.

Tanahashi, Nagata, Ibushi, Ishii, Goto, Naito, Yoshi-hashi and Zack all against each other.

Kojima, Elgin, Juice, Okada, Kenny, Suzuki and Sanada all against each other.

Good stuff all around.

I dont think Omega is going to leave. This could be kicking off an Omega Ibushi program which is probably most likely. On the other hand it isnt.

If Okada beats Omega again though it will be weird and if Omega beats Okada it would be odd for him not to win again. But then what about Naito. I dunno.

We get Omega vs Yano again though so thats good!

I dont think Omega is going to leave. This could be kicking off an Omega Ibushi program which is probably most likely.

If Okada beats Omega again though it will be weird and if Omega beats Okada it would be odd for him not to win again. But then what about Naito. I dunno.

We get Omega vs Yano again though so thats good!

Naito could win the US belt in Long Beach.

Naito beats Omega in US title finals. Then when Omega wins the title from Okada (either after winning the G1 again or my other story). Naito challenges saying I beat you and I can do it again.

This G1 is honestly wide open.

Getting that CWC final in the G1 👍

PROGRESS Chapter 50 was very fun last night. Debut of
No Fun Damian Dunne
had me hype, and
Try Hard Donny Dijak is my fave.

And the main event was nuts as expected
and the pop for CCK winning the tag Titles was huge.

Also, word going round that the Paige Berto breakup is dirtsheet fake news, sorry to disappoint WrassleGAF, I'm sure you can wheel out your hot takes on people's personal lives another time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okad and Kenny in the same block? so we are getting a non-special Okada v Kenny 3? :/

Well my sarcasm earlier just bit me in the ass. Davey Boy Smith Jr and El Desperado just beat Okada and Gedo.

Gedo took the fall of course but um oooook

Holy shit what a fantastic entrance mask for Bushi.

Naito just attacked an announcer I think. Nice entrance

Naito could win the US belt in Long Beach.

Naito beats Omega in US title finals. Then when Omega wins the title from Okada (either after winning the G1 again or my other story). Naito challenges saying I beat you and I can do it again.

This G1 is honestly wide open.

I forgot about the US belt.

This is pretty interesting.

Once again, we are denied Suzuki vs. Sabre.

But we do get Omega vs Suzuki

Goddamn LIJ are the masters of these multi-man tags.

Their tandem offense is so fucking smooth

God Sanada is going to be a breakout star in the G1 I can feel it.

That was a sick facelock submission from Evil.

Jesus it just hit me the G1 is 181 matches long.

Another story is Okada wins the B block and then the G1 but loses to Omega (Okada's only loss).

Meaning there's no automatic challenger for Okada at WK because he won G1 leaving Omega to be like I beat you let's do this one last time (with the option of not doing this if Omega is leaving)

If Omega ever beats Okada I feel like it should be bigger. G1 should go to another time-limit draw with the bell ringing after Omega hits the One Winged Angel in the centre of the ring.

Can't wait for Zack vs Ibushi.

If Omega ever beats Okada I feel like it should be bigger. G1 should go to another time-limit draw with the bell ringing after Omega hits the One Winged Angel in the centre of the ring.

Can't wait for Zack vs Ibushi.

That works too.

But I like the idea of them being tied all time going into the third title match

This is the worst type of Suzuki-gun match

This is a really bad match yikes.

Ok now that all the interference is gone. This has picked up.

I hate Yoshi-HASHI's submission holds. Especially his finisher.

Last third was great first 2/3rds were awful.

But thank god Suzuki retained. Suck it Yoshi-HASHI.

Yano's going to cause Susuki to get eliminated isn't he? He's going to get fucking murdered afterwards isn't he?

UyP1MQX.jpg

Heroman

Banned
So that confirms no NEVER Openweight Championship match at Long Beach

Yep

I wish that match had done away with all the garbage interference because when it was just Suzuki vs Yoshi-HASHI it was great. Still don't get Yoshi-HASHI's appeal though
People really like son Goku

Raw64life

Was right about Omega/Okada 3 being at the G1

And no Kenny isn't winning the tournament and getting a 4th

Last year, between the G1 and WK, Okada had to defend his belt against everyone who beat him during the G1. So Kenny doesn't have to win it to get another match against him.

Forkball

I'm going to Tokyo soon and was interested in maybe attending a wrestling show. Besides the more notable ones like NJPW, All Japan, Noah, and DDT, are there any recommendations? I'm also interested in going to a joshi show, but I really have no idea what promotions are big outside of JWP which apparently closed down. Anyone have experience with actually attending a Japanese wrestling show?

Omega ain't winning a damn thing, brother. This is Naito Country.

Yep. Dude held off on making a decision (them or WWE) far too long for them to pull, or want to pull, the trigger on that push. Maybe if he ever re-signs, and does so for multiple years instead of just another year where he'll play the "them or WWE" game, but they had to move on regardless and I'm glad they did and that it's Naito they're focusing on.

Now that's gonna be a well-deserved Wrestle Kingdom win

Yep. Dude held off on making a decision (them or WWE) far too long for them to pull, or want to pull, the trigger on that push. Maybe if he ever re-signs, and does so for multiple years instead of just another year where he'll play the "them or WWE" game, but they had to move on regardless and I'm glad they did and that it's Naito they're focusing on.

Now that's gonna be a well-deserved Wrestle Kingdom win

To be fair we know zero about any contract talks.

I dont think they would have had Omega main WK this year if he wasnt a lock after what happened last year to be honest.

Im still not sure what will happen with Naito. Even if he wins G1 people think Okada's second defense at WK as ace he will do the JOB? And even if he did where will Naito go from there after this kind of pissed off personal redemption story ends?

It will be a really exciting number of months either way.

Sephzilla

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/...an-reigns-mauro-ranallo-alberto-paige-breakup

John Cena vs. Roman Reigns is a feud that will be happening sooner rather than later, and WrestleMania 34 at the latest

SEScoops is saying Alberto El Patron and Paige have broken up. PW Insider is saying the couple are still together.

Mike Kanellis said Kevin Owens was the one who urged him not to sign with Impact Wrestling when he and Maria were close to doing so, leading to the two coming to WWE.

That twerp would die. I don't want Suzuki to kill him

MiSu is cool and good and doesn't deserve jail

NJPW should just pull something out of left field and have Suzuki win the G1 and be the one to unseat Okada

I love NJPW... If Kenny is the one I'm happy, if Naito is the one I'm happy, if they curve balled it and went Suzuki I'd be happy.

Raw64life

I'm going to Tokyo soon and was interested in maybe attending a wrestling show. Besides the more notable ones like NJPW, All Japan, Noah, and DDT, are there any recommendations? I'm also interested in going to a joshi show, but I really have no idea what promotions are big outside of JWP which apparently closed down. Anyone have experience with actually attending a Japanese wrestling show?

I went to Dominion in Osaka last year. You can go to japanconcerttickets.com and get tickets even if the site isn't listed. Just e-mail them and they'll get it for you. You print out a ticket then once you're in Japan you can go to any 711 or Lawson and you put it in a machine and it gives you a real ticket. Probably paid more than I should've but it was worth it for the convenience IMO.

No idea about smaller promotions. Since I doubt they're selling out you can probably just show up at the place.

So the WWE fans don't feel left out in the "Stuff nobody wants to hear but is absolutely going to happen" dept.:

Roman Reigns main eventing the next 10 Manias.

Believe That.

Probably Stardom or Sendai Girls would be the two biggest ATM, but OZ Academy and Ice Ribbon are also both pretty good.

Top Bottom