• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Kaladin

I think there's a 0% chance a wrestling game gets into any N64 classic. They'd have to deal with likeness rights and all that jazz I believe. And some of those games also have Krispen Wah in them, which would result in a hard no from WWE

You can keep him in the game, but never mention his name or draw attention to his likeness. Also he always gets jobber entrances.

Sephzilla

You can keep him in the game, but never mention his name or draw attention to his likeness. Also he always gets jobber entrances.

Nah, I'm pretty sure WWE (and Nintendo, for that matter) would want to avoid a potential headline along the lines of "WWE\Nintendo selling device that allows you to play as a real life child murderer"

Kaladin

Nah, I'm pretty sure WWE (and Nintendo, for that matter) would want to avoid a potential headline along the lines of "WWE\Nintendo selling device that allows you to play as a real life child murderer"

True, they can delete him from the game relatively easy though.

Is it odd that my interest dropped like a rock when the best SNES game wasn't included when it's easily within Nintendo's ability to add it? I don't care if I already have like 5 forms of DKC2, I WANTED MORE!
Da fuck is this DKC1? that's like giving me the opener and not the main event.

were there any good wrasslin games on PS1?
SmackDown 2 4 Lyfe!
Good luck finding one. Nintendo will under produce again
You can't under-produce if you don't produce.
reece.jpg

Is it odd that my interest dropped like a rock when the best SNES game wasn't included when it's easily within Nintendo's ability to add it? I don't care if I already have like 5 forms of DKC2, I WANTED MORE!
Da fuck is this DKC1? that's like giving me the opener and not the main event.

Just be thankful it wasn't DKC3. Nintendo and Rare tried to get Kiddy Kong OVER hard no matter what. I blame Kiddy Kong for killing DKC for as long as it was dead for. The John Cena of Donkey Kong Country.

miserable

Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 destroyed SF2 in my country. everybody was playing that shit, with the printed out fatalities list next to them
I made a nice chunk of change selling cheat codes to MK2 and MK3 back then to suckers

Just be thankful it wasn't DKC3. Nintendo and Rare tried to get Kiddy Kong OVER hard no matter what. I blame Kiddy Kong for killing DKC for as long as it was dead for. The John Cena of Donkey Kong Country.
Well he was more like the Roman Reigns, also stopped Dixie Kong's rightful women's revolution that Nintendo only just got back to getting with the times.
DKC3>DKC1

It always amazes me how consistently sharp this guys gaming satire is.

Kaladin

I don't think I will do anything special to hunt down a SNES. If I see one in a store at $80 and I have the funds, I might grab it, but otherwise, I'm not going out of my way.

Sephzilla

The problem with DKC3 is that it went further down a rabbit hole that only gets stupider the further you go

DKC2
"Oh cool, in Donkey Kong Country 2 you play as the sidekick for Donkey Kong, who's now trying to save DK!"

DKC3
"Oh, you play as the sidekick of the sidekick who's now trying to save the sidekick and the main character from the first game?"

Bad booking that made the main event stars look weak.

I blame myself for sleeping on the NES classic, this time I will use my gamestop manager connection to get one for sure. I got the hookup and helped my associate get a switch not bundled last Thursday no problem.

Kaladin

I'm just over half way done with Netflix's Iron Fist. I kind of get why people wouldn't like it, but I think it is very good so far. It's the weakest of the Marvel Netflix shows, but not weak.

Anth0ny

yay another emulation box that i won't be able to buy because nintendo purposely makes too few in order to get people to google search nintendo and learn about the switch

KO is my favorite seller. IF you watch the Sami suplex, you'll see that KO is actually leading that move and rolling back over his shoulder.

So fucking good.

Foggy

I was hoping some of these Kizuna Road results would lead to some championship matches in Long Beach. I guess night 2 will be filled out with some multiman tags with guys who lose in the first round of the tournament. Kind of a bummer, but that's their style.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Real talk - No Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X1/X2, or Donkey Kong Country 2 really kills some of my desire for it.

I still want to get one. But yeah, the exclusion of CT and DKC2 sucks.

There's SO MANY Games that they could've put on it. I feel they did a good job though.

Top Bottom