• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

I wonder if they do release an N64 mini if the Japanese version will have Virtual Pro Wrestling on it. There is obviously no way we get any of the WCW/WWE games. I would gladly import for that.

Oersted

Biker got hit by a car, made a complete flip over the car, crashlanded on his buttocks and stood up like nothing happened.

Now thats just poor selling.

Heroman

Banned
I wonder if they do release an N64 mini if the Japanese version will have Virtual Pro Wrestling on it. There is obviously no way we get any of the WCW/WWE games. I would gladly import for that.
That would probably be way more difficult than get the WWE games.

Kaladin

WWE officially announced that their 32-woman tournament , the Mae Young Classic, will debut with four episodes released on 8/28 to be viewed on the WWE Network via Video on Demand.

The company will then release another four episodes on 9/4.

The tournament finals will be held live on Tuesday 9/12 at 10 PM on the WWE Network from the Smackdown taping in Las Vegas, Nevada after Smackdown Live goes off the air, so the finals will replace that week's episode of 205 Live.

A "Bracketology" special previewing the tournament will air on Sunday 8/20 following WWE Summerslam on the WWE Network. So, including that special, there will be ten episodes total.

WWE officially announced that their 32-woman tournament , the Mae Young Classic, will debut with four episodes released on 8/28 to be viewed on the WWE Network via Video on Demand.

The tournament finals will be held live on Tuesday 9/12 at 10 PM on the WWE Network from the Smackdown taping in Las Vegas, Nevada after Smackdown Live goes off the air, so the finals will replace that week's episode of 205 Live.

A "Bracketology" special previewing the tournament will air on Sunday 8/20 following WWE Summerslam on the WWE Network. So, including that special, there will be ten episodes total.
Nice, will binge watch with my girlfriend on the day they are released.

Raw64life

Will probably just read the spoilers of the Mae Young thing and watch the matches that interest me.

Probably just as unlikely. Yet another reason sticking with emulation is an easy decision. Over half the total games on pre-2000 systems will never see a re-release ever because of licensing and legal hurdles or a lack of interest or both.

Heroman

Banned

The tournament finals will be held live on Tuesday 9/12 at 10 PM on the WWE Network from the Smackdown taping in Las Vegas, Nevada after Smackdown Live goes off the air, so the finals will replace that week's episode of 205 Live

That a terrible idea

Kaladin

So the tournament will likely go like this:

First night of tapings :

Round 1 : 4 matches per show over 4 shows.

Second Night of Tapings:

Round 2 : 4 matches per show over 2 shows

Quarter Finals : 4 matches on one show

Semi Finals : 2 matches on one show

Finals : Vegas Live

I appreciate the WWE skipping the "hopeful" stage and just throwing it out there into the 205 Live Death Slot.

They better put Daniel, Mauro and JBL on Talking Smack to save that one.

Kaladin

You know, I'll admit the Cruiserweight Finals Network Special was a great show last year. Even better attending it live, but it was a good show on the network too. I wonder if they doubt whether they can recreate that or not with the women.

Tom Nook

JR and Lita to call the matches
20170622_MaeYoung_Classic--2b03718c340b51a53996dbe4b91cbbbb.jpg

Can't wait.

Excel was that you marking out on the LAW about the house show

Maaaaybe ;)

Maaaaybe a coincidence.

I thought it was less marking out and more a very enthusiastic report. I feel she did a really good job reviewing her experience at the house show. Though clearly she spends too much time talking wrestling on some message board because she totally called Nakamura "Nak" live on air...

klonere

Banned
Funny, my first WWE (well, it was NXT) house show started my total disconnect from the product. I found it very phoned in, obnoxious as heck and expensive.

I've only ever been to tv tapings that a friend organised the ticket-getting for. I'd love to see what the vibe of a house show is like, but it's too much hassle getting good tickets in London, and my mate despises the product now.

Kaladin

House shows are great fun.

Depends on your market. If you're in a major market, house shows can be great fun. But if you're in a smaller market, I've been to a house show that was simply a vehicle for kids to see their favorite wrestlers and was cut down to a 2 hour run time that ended early for families to get home at a reasonable time.

Raw64life

I might not be able to go to the NJPW show this weekend in Long Beach. Now I gotta find someone who wants to buy two tickets.

If you enjoy money, consider selling them. You can probably get double what you paid for them. If I didn't live on the other side of the US I'd go in a second.

Depends on your market. If you're in a major market, house shows can be great fun. But if you're in a smaller market, I've been to a house show that was simply a vehicle for kids to see their favorite wrestlers and was cut down to a 2 hour run time that ended early for families to get home at a reasonable time.

Only house shows I've been to in the last 20 years are at MSG, and they usually go above and beyond the normal house show there. Also went to one of those WWE Network special things they did with Brock there a couple years ago. They were pretty good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did you ever watch her on the pre-shows? She's awful at commentating and articulation in general. JR is either getting ribbed or put into a spot to fail.

I don't think they had another option outside of a) using someone on the active roster, or b) bringing in someone from the outside to do commentary and they don't really do those kind of deals.

I went to a TNA house show in like 2013.
I don't remember much, besides RVD being cheebed.
I also remember liking the title match a lot.
5 stars.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She did commentate once but it wasn't good. Plus WWE probably want an actual woman wrestler doing the commentary too.

They'd get roasted alive if they sent Corey Graves to do it over Lita, even though he'd be great.

Color commentators are almost always former-competitors in anything.

lmao, this is amazing

Top Bottom