• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

VJFKsOs.png

is that suppose to be Okada?

lmaooooo

Syder

WWE going for the UFC style poster for this match is really hype...

A3NEE0QAvd-7MyjQRZI3dBLyEHpnP1T8rF8dxzMJgmmqFRRXBZniiCf0E3lgEGf5fuUk0jDOKNzmoces6Wpx2GPO7Ws3-WoPDRP8j4XV9CIDa6XM=s0-d-e1-ft
ecfHmefF_hs8Tzi-q9fwHx7xdPNLZAVDsYethuzjod2DD5InQ9Qr3JYG11Sy7qNONcONBWdV4GaR7TOsyTzMEgEsKReV84XLBg9JU_XQrV400-26=s0-d-e1-ft

...shame it's attached to such a stupid PPV name.

Sephzilla

The fact that you could only come up a leborn drafted in 03 proves my point. You know the guy one on the cover of Sports Illustrated at the age of 15 the most hyped athlete in American Sports history and probably the most talented athlete we've ever seen and top 3 basketball player ever. Yes please compare Lavar balls kids to that guy. Please name another NBA player since LeBron that were anywhere as popular as Lavar balls kids are pre nba. Jimmer maybe lol

Purely off the top of my head, here were players that were pretty big deals before they hit the NBA:

Dwight Howard
Steph Curry
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Carmello Anthony
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin
Adam Morrison (didn't pan out in the league)
JJ Reddick (journeyman in the league, pretty big college star)

Most of these guys were more popular than Lavar's kids are right now (and had generally more positive buzz as well). The idea that Lavar is helping his kids at all is ridiculous. All you actually need in order to become a big deal pre-NBA is to be able to ball in college (or make a deep run in the tournament). Most of the names in the NBA these days were already big deals before they even got drafted

Ronin Ray

Purely off the top of my head, here were players that were pretty big deals before they hit the NBA:

Dwight Howard
Steph Curry
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Carmello Anthony
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin

Most of these guys were more popular than Lavar's kids are right now (and had generally more positive buzz as well). The idea that Lavar is helping his kids at all is ridiculous. All you actually need in order to become a big deal pre-NBA is to be able to ball in college (or make a deep run in the tournament). Most of the names in the NBA these days were already big deals before they even got drafted

None of these guys were even close to being as popular as Lavar kids are pre nba. No casual fan had any clue who these people were but they know Lavar and his kids. The fact that you brought up LeBron James proves the point. They are as popular and hyped up before they got in the league as LeBron James and Yao Ming. The only other two people to break into the Casual mainstream of popularity before they even played in the NBA. Your mom her friends your co-workers who don't watch basketball never talked about any of those dude but I bet at some point they've talked about Lavar ball and his kids or have seen them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Dwight Howard
Steph Curry
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Carmello Anthony
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin

To bring it back to the WWE (and WCW)...Shaq.

He was HUGE before he ever signed a deal. There's a ton of other 90's college basketball stars the same way (and a couple of highschoolers almost but not quite at the level of Lebrong)

Sephzilla

None of these guys were even close to being as popular as Lavar kids are pre nba. No casual fan had any clue who these people were but they know Lavar and his kids. The fact that you brought up LeBron James proves the point. They are as popular and hyped up before they got in the league as LeBron James and Yao Ming. The only other two people to break into the Casual mainstream of popularity before they even played in the NBA. Your mom her friends your co-workers who don't watch basketball never talked about any of those dude but I bet at some point they've talked about Lavar ball and his kids or have seen them.

mj-laughing.gif

You're massively overestimating how popular Lonzo Ball actually is and you're also massively underselling how popular a lot of those other guys were before they got into the league. Most of those guys got big time mainstream exposure due to the NCAA Tournament, which brings in a fuckload of casual fans. You also really haven't done anything to dispute the fact that most super casuals only know Lavar and don't even know the names of his kids

somedevil

WWE Viewership for 6/26

8pm: 2.887
9pm: 3.092
10pm: 2.951

Avg: 2.976

3rd hour had little drop so those who came on in the 2nd hour continued to watch all the way through the women's gauntlet match.

edit: When it comes to Lavar those who view the wwe youtube page the 2 segments that have higher view is Braun and Joe vs Brock and Cass vs Enzo.

Kaladin

WWE Viewership for 6/26

3rd hour had little drop so those who came on in the 2nd hour continued to watch all the way through the women's gauntlet match.

I tuned out after Lesnar / Joe.....how was the gauntlet match?

somedevil

I tuned out after Lesnar / Joe.....how was the gauntlet match?

The match was there to build up Nia for sasha to win at the end. If you want to watch the match skip to the Nia vs Sasha part.

Also here are the top 4 views for WWE youtube page.

1. Joe vs Brock
2. Enzo vs Cass
3. Braun
4. Lavar

Tom Nook

WWE Viewership for 6/26

edit: When it comes to Lavar those who view the wwe youtube page the 2 segments that have higher view is Braun and Joe vs Brock and Cass vs Enzo.

ezgif-3-ecfd0b7043.gif

Anth0ny

WWE Viewership for 6/26

Back to sub 3m. Back to reality.

tumblr_n0bdh2fqTE1tp2bemo1_500.gif

Anth0ny

I want to know what the negatives are to Joe beating Brock and basically becoming a cheaper, full time Brock.

Brock being a """"""DRAW""""" doesn't mean shit when he shows like 3 times a year on TV and the ppvs no longer have buy rates.

I just don't understand the value of Lesnar anymore for WWE, especially how much he's being payed. they already had goldberg beat him anyways so it's not like he's this unbeatable machine where a win against him is super special.

WWE Viewership for 6/26

The non-WWE / non-edited YouTube video has the higher count, probably why the edited version of the Lavar segment on the WWE YouTube is low.

Sephzilla

The winner of Joe vs Brock doesn't really matter since the belt is going to Roman at SummerSlam anyway. But Joe would be a more interesting champion since he has a straight up more "monster" attitude with his character and he can actually be on TV all the time. Roman vs Brock is old news and Brock isn't really a draw anymore

Dwight Howard
Steph Curry
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Carmello Anthony
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin

Curry, Wall, Mayo, Ostertag, Weber, Laetner, Hill, Oden, SHAQ was massive pre NBA. Hell you could argue the entire Fab Five because of how much they changed the culture of basketball in college. Anyone drafted in the top 10 is likely know due to massive sports coverage over the last 15 years.

Admittedly I'm very out of the NBA loop but I only know of Ball because of social media discussing his dad. That's either good or bad, but I know the name purely from his dad and less because of his on court talent.

Top Bottom