• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

GunBR

I'm curious to see what Seth and Roman gonna do at the Great Balls of Fire (lol) if they really put Balor to face Bray

Face vs Face?
Skip the PPV?
Team-up and fight against the Club because...I can't remember of any other heels from Raw?

Foggy

I mean by that logic Trish/Molly/Jazz/etc... all got to put on pretty great matches so you could easily put the Horsewomen there and nothing would have needed to change to allow them to do their stuff.

She's the best talker in division. That means something.

The logic is that women's wrestling needed recontextualization to signify change. Alexa Bliss does not fit in with that recontextualization because she shares very little in common with the women that signified that change. But she does share more in common with other successful women's wrestlers prior to this revolution business. I know you're conditioned to defend your girl, but saying she doesn't fit in that Women's Revolution mold is not an insult in and of itself.

Wagram

PPV was average or maybe slightly below. Highlights were Miz/Joe winning for me.

What they're doing to Bayley is pretty devastating to be honest. I don't understand how you could mess her up. She was the female Cena, but this match did absolutely nothing to further her. She looked weak and the crowd is turning.

Alexa did her part so I can't blame her, but it really does show how they value women's ability to talk more than their in ring skills. I can't recall a top tier match she's been apart of.

XWq7xuq.gif

suplex city better watch out

Foggy

I don't know what you're talking about. Shes a good wrestler amd amazing talker.

She has great mannerisms and body language, but I'd have to see receipts on her being a good talker. As for her wrestling, there's no way I can put it that won't come off as damning with faint praise.

The logic is that women's wrestling needed recontextualization to signify change. Alexa Bliss does not fit in with that recontextualization because she shares very little in common with the women that signified that change. But she does share more in common with other successful women's wrestlers prior to this revolution business. I know you're conditioned to defend your girl, but saying she doesn't fit in that Women's Revolution mold is not an insult in and of itself.

I just think that the women getting lengthy talking segments all to themselves is absolutely part of it, is all. I think trusting the women on the mic (where bluntly many of them still are quite behind) is part of the revolution.

Like I don't think a pre-revolution WWE would open Raw with Bliss' coronation and let her talk at length as she did, and even though it was bad i don't think a pre-revolution WWE would have given Bliss such a lengthy segment like This is Your Life (which Bliss' effort to make it work was the only good thing in it)

To me the Revolution isn't just about what happens from ring bell to ring bell

Ospreay and kushida are some of the best wreslterin the world.
f53cafd41fd0f691-600x400.gif

Did you purposely find the most unnecessarily dangerous spots to brag about?

I don't mind Alexa being pushed. I just don't get why she's pushed like this monster heel who is winning clean and always standing tall. With her size, she seemed destined for a cowardly heel role which is what she played over on Smackdown.

Plus the feud was bad because Alexa always got the upper hand, meaning by all things, Bayley should get the win in the end. But instead she loses clean in five minutes.

She has great mannerisms and body language, but I'd have to see receipts on her being a good talker. As for her wrestling, there's no way I can put it that won't come off as damning with faint praise.

She's easily the best talker in the women's division (or maybe second if you still rate Charlotte that high). Saying she's a great talker is not a controversial statement.

That's why she's getting the push she's getting. She handles what chants like a boss. She was great on Talking Smack almost always, she can carry long promo segments, she can make their stupid writing work (This is Your Life aside, no one is that good).

I don't mind Alexa being pushed. I just don't get why she's pushed like this monster heel who is winning clean and always standing tall. With her size, she seemed destined for a cowardly heel role which is what she played over on Smackdown.

Plus the feud was bad because Alexa always got the upper hand, meaning by all things, Bayley should get the win in the end. But instead she loses clean in five minutes.

She beat Becky pretty clean most of the time.

She wasn't that much of a cowardly heel there either.

Do agree though, they should have let Bayley get her Singapore Cane shots in and lost somehow.

That said Bayley's mic work has worn thin on me. I defended it early because it worked sort of for her down to earth character but she's honestly possibly gotten worse not better.

She beat Becky pretty clean most of the time.

She wasn't that much of a cowardly heel there either.

Do agree though, they should have let Bayley get her Singapore Cane shots in and lost somehow.

That said Bayley's mic work has worn thin on me. I defended it early because it worked sort of for her down to earth character but she's honestly possibly gotten worse not better.
She never beat Becky clean. There was always an eye rake or an illegal throat shot or a La Luchadora interference to make sure that she won the match. On SD I'm not sure if she ever won a match clean.

She never beat Becky clean. There was always an eye rake or an illegal throat shot or a La Luchadora interference to make sure that she won the match. On SD I'm not sure if she ever won a match clean.

Table match was clean.

Becky's only win was with Bliss' foot on the rope.

A shot to the throat and a roll up is pretty cleaninish imo...

But you're right it's not as prevalent as on Raw.

I kinda enjoy watching a 5ft tall woman dominant though :)

Table match was clean.

Becky's only win was with Bliss' foot on the rope.

A shot to the throat and a roll up is pretty cleaninish imo...

But you're right it's not as prevalent as on Raw.

I kinda enjoy watching a 5ft tall woman dominant though :)
I don't know. Alexa is neither good enough in the ring or physically imposing to make it work in the slightest.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

She won the belt from Becky clean in their table match.

They are making Bliss look strong so its (sorta) believable when she goes over Nia at SummerSlam ;)

After all this she better go over Nia... last thing we need is all this to lead to a Nia title run.

I don't know. Alexa is neither good enough in the ring or physically imposing to make it work in the slightest.

Eh disagree but to each their own on that one.

Kenny is giving a killer interview about the recklessness and indie wrestlers doing strong style dangerously.

He politely criticized Shibata too. Really good stuff about wrestling safely.

She won the belt from Becky clean in their table match.
There was an eye rake in that too, wasn't there? Although I guess it technically doesn't count since the match had no DQ to it but the point is still she couldn't just cleanly put Becky though a table without those kind of methods.

Cagey

Banned
The smattering of boos for Bayley during Jojo's intro and the dueling chants... 😂

She's good in NXT. She should go there.

There was an eye rake in that too, wasn't there? Although I guess it technically doesn't count since the match had no DQ to it but the point is still she couldn't just cleanly put Becky though a table without those kind of methods.

No it was a clean powerbomb, there was an eye rake before, but it was Bliss dodging a kick that lead into the powerbomb.

Eye rakes are also not really that dirty these days.

It won't be like most title runs

I guffawed

Tall4Life

Maybe their long term plan for Bayley is to have her suck so hard on the main roster that she goes back to NXT to find herself and complete the ultimate underdog story to make her triumphant return to the main roster

Pretty clear now that stuff goes a lot different for him if he doesn't get hurt multiple times

Not sure I agree. He doesn't get hurt, he has a title run, yes. But Goldberg would happen regardless, leading to Brock, all leading towards the eventual Roman vs. Brock for the title match. So in the here and now I dont see what Balor would be doing differently this spring, when the Roman plan has been a lock for awhile.

Toki767

I can't believe (well, actually I can considering it's WWE) that Bayley is getting louder boos than cheers.

They've completely ruined her
until she goes to Smackdown

I can't believe (well, actually I can considering it's WWE) that Bayley is getting louder boos than cheers.

They've completely ruined her
until she goes to Smackdown

The booking of her has been nonsense

I do think she needs to take some of the blame because her promo work has gotten worse over time not better.

Toki767

The booking of her has been nonsense

I do think she needs to take some of the blame because her promo work has gotten worse over time not better.

I'm curious how much of her promos on Raw were written for her (all of them) vs her promos on NXT (probably not nearly as scripted)

I'm curious how much of her promos on Raw were written for her (all of them) vs her promos on NXT (probably not nearly as scripted)

Yeah maybe.. but she bombed on Raw Talk too

High Praise from JR... I had to include that image... because he just threw in an ad for his BBQ sauce and that's pretty fucking funny.

Also praise from Miami Herald writer and wrestling journo

Just catching up. Who booked this Bliss/Bayley arc?
Is it time to turn Bayley heel?

Bayley as a heel intrigues me.

ash321

Anyone reading the new WWE comic?
It have better story and better explanation then the shit on TV lol
Vince should let the comic guy write TV for him lol.

Top Bottom