• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Oersted

Four-HorseWomen-Changed-the-Game-in-WWE.jpg

#BetterForget

I'm getting morbidly curious how they gonna fuck up Asuka

I wonder what they actually plan on doing with Bayley now. What a shame. Seriously.

I hope Nia Jax isnt coming in as a face against Bliss. I have so little interest in seeing that I dont even have words.

Egg0

Banned
Man I guess I missed a hell of a Bayley match last night trying to finish BoSJ.

Maybe I'll go back and watch.

#BetterForget

Only Queen Charlotte remains unburied.

As for Asuka, I hope you're ready for Lady Kaientai when Hojo and Shirai arrive.

They will reproduce the "choppy choppy your pee pee" angle with, I don't know, Darren Young, who will be chosen for the angle specifically because he's openly gay.

And why, you ask?
OziEunE.gif

Full card for DOMINION this Sunday is revealed:

David Finlay, Tomoyuki Oka & Shota Umino vs. Hirai Kawato, Katsuya Kitamura & Tetsuhiro Yagi Pre-Show Six Man Tag Team Match

Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask IV vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Manabu Nakanishi & Jushin Thunder Liger Eight Man Tag Team Match

Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) (c) vs.Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson & Ricochet) & CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) & Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi, Hangman Page & Bad Luck Fale) & Suzukigun (Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi) NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet Match

Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match

War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) IWGP Tag Team Championship Match

Michael Elgin vs. Cody Singles Match

Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. KUSHIDA IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Hirooki Goto NEVER Openweight Championship Lumberjack Match

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match Tetsuya Naito has said he will retire the Championship if he wins

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match

OT Coming soon!

Bayley acting like a lil kid pisses me off

Her whole shtick is very bizarre. One thing I can say for her is that she is at least authentic. What will be challenging (in addition to so many other things) is how she portrays herself as she ages. The costume won't work in her mid 30s, for example.

David Finlay, Tomoyuki Oka & Shota Umino vs. Hirai Kawato, Katsuya Kitamura & Tetsuhiro Yagi Pre-Show Six Man Tag Team Match

Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask IV vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Manabu Nakanishi & Jushin Thunder Liger Eight Man Tag Team Match

Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) (c) vs.Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson & Ricochet) & CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) & Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi, Hangman Page & Bad Luck Fale) & Suzukigun (Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi) NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet Match

Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match

War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) IWGP Tag Team Championship Match

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Hirooki Goto NEVER Openweight Championship Lumberjack Match

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match Tetsuya Naito has said he will retire the Championship if he wins

OT Coming soon!

That's a stacked card, friends.

0fWX9t.gif

Whoever wins the main event, Data West loses.

Cosmozone

I'd be okay with a build up from the bottom with Bayley. Having lost all confidence and trying to regain it or stuff like that. I'd be not okay with her being booked into irrelevancy (more likely).

I think Extreme Rules just shouldn't have happened. I was surprised to find out Money in the Bank wasn't a joint PPV. It would make more sense to just run that for 4 hours and include the relevant matches from ER on that program.

Do people think FloSlam makes it to 2018?

WWNLive had better hope so since they signed a five year contract with FloSports.

You'd think they would improve the presentation at least a little. Still so far behind PROGRESS.

I mean, NWA's classics VOD service is still around, and Boots might be that thing's only subscriber.

I'd be okay with a build up from the bottom with Bayley. Having lost all confidence and trying to regain it or stuff like that. I'd be not okay with her being booked into irrelevancy (more likely).

The way they would write her "losing confidence" would be like her getting fat and farting all the time or something.

"Hey Kurt, I'd love to have a match tonight, but I spilled chocolate ice cream all over my top and now I can't go wrestle, tee hee hee."

"Ugh, I can't go out tonight Stephanie, I just ate a giant meatball sub and I'm bloated. *fart noise*"

Sephzilla

So apparently, to further drive home that Vince has no idea what he's doing, he basically ruined female Cena. Maybe McMahon.exe cant run "winsLOL.dll" for more than one process.

klonere

Banned
So apparently, to further drive home that Vince has no idea what he's doing, he basically ruined female Cena. Maybe McMahon.exe cant run "winsLOL.dll" for more than one process.

There was no way that the WWE creative team could handle Bayley with the nuance and care that is needed to make the character what it was in NXT

Riddle dropped out of the War Machine v. Riddle/Cobb match at AAW :'(

Nice replacement though

DBfQ2CuXcAAr9H3.jpg

Cobb's still there so hopefully they find someone suitable to get thrown around

Fox318

WWE cant make any babyface.

Look at how they convince themselves that hometown heros always need to lose.

If I had a kid I wouldn't bring him to see the local hero job just because people like Hayes thinks that is somehow heat.

This whole 'The Bar' thing going on with Sheamus and Cesaro just reeks of a HHH gimmick and is a tad annoying. Rather than develop chemistry and a relationship between the two, they have reduced them to one or two stupid quips. Bless the guys for working hard to make it work but it just all sounds contrived.

#BetterForget

Unpopular opinion: Sasha & Bayley were never going to work in the main event card.

This whole 'The Bar' thing going on with Sheamus and Cesaro just reeks of a HHH gimmick and is a tad annoying. Rather than develop chemistry and a relationship between the two, they have reduced them to one or two stupid quips. Bless the guys for working hard to make it work but it just all sounds contrived.

Sounds like they're going for APA pt 2

Did Riddle double book himself again?

It's unprofessional. Get a business manager.

That aaw show and hes double booked for PWG and style battle.

And and evolve just announced a show on the same day he's supposed to be wrestling Ishii in the UK, so who knows if that'll happen

WWE cant make any babyface.

Look at how they convince themselves that hometown heros always need to lose.

If I had a kid I wouldn't bring him to see the local hero job just because people like Hayes thinks that is somehow heat.
It's dumb and making things worse for some of the wrestlers.
Did Riddle double book himself again?

It's unprofessional. Get a business manager.
How many times this year has he done this?

Foggy

OT Coming soon!

I see you lurking there Tiger Mask W

Someone get to work on an app for Indy guys to use a calendar and keep track of their bookings.

Bro, Europeans put the day before the month. It's hard.

Shadow780

Miz actually made a Dean match enjoyable, that's no small feat.

Bayley buried is the smartest move WWE has made in a while, now move Sasha to feud with Bliss. The actual #moneymatch

Next get Becky buried too.

Ithil

Only Queen Charlotte remains unburied.

As for Asuka, I hope you're ready for Lady Kaientai when Hojo and Shirai arrive.

They will reproduce the "choppy choppy your pee pee" angle with, I don't know, Darren Young, who will be chosen for the angle specifically because he's openly gay.

And why, you ask?
OziEunE.gif

They won't do that, but they will barely have her talk and will have heels be condescending to her and pretend to talk for her like they did Ziggler and Nakamura. It will be painful.

Allow me to weep a moment here...

You know being a Kaneanite since I started watching you'd think I'd have been used to this, being on the Barrett Bandwagon during his entire shaky WWE run of to and fro booking you'd think I'd be used to this.
But bloody hell, the gradual booking disaster of Bayley is just too much for me heart fellas.

Oh sure we joked about how the main roster would find a way to assassinate a surefire feel good face gimmick but they did it, the monsters in the writing team and Vinny Mac pulled it off, and this is someone who won the women's title and successfully defended it at the companies biggest event. Yep Bayley got what should have been a Mania moment™ but the booking that preceded it had already bungled that.

And now we've limped to the finish line, between being presented as a women with the brain of a child, having a best friend who was booked like a heel turn in the making only to never actually happen, with a throwaway Raw title win, with the worst segment on Raw this year booked at her expense.
We crossed the line at last with Bayley failing to get EXTREME in a borderline squash match with a dumb gimmick.

Bravo WWE, I'm impressed but not surprised. I'm not gonna pretend that her promo skills are strong or her in ring skills aren't shaky every now and then but in WWE character trumps all, they've bungled it, they've bungled it good.

The IC title match was very good, seriously there are people who didn't like it?

I thought they added drama to the match quite well with the stipulation and still gave us a finish we didn't quite expect. They both worked hard and the belt is back where it belongs.

Honestly feel it was the best match on the card, I was all ready to skip it but decided i'd give them a chance and they did good with the stipulation and it felt like one of the better performances from both men in ring in recent memory.
The finish was well done as well, good stuff.

Kaladin

For all the shit WWE gets right now, I never expected them to pull the trigger on Joe vs Lesnar. I know that was probably Braun's spot, and Joe got the nod because Braun was injured, but this is an opportunity for Joe to go in and make something of himself in the E.

Top Bottom