• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

klonere

Banned
People need to stop listening to Dave and listen to what Bubba Ray has to say on Busted Open. Dude spoke extensively for over an hour about Nakamura's run in main roster , what the problems are, why they exist, and how they can address them. Dude makes good use of his airtime and brings hands on experience to the table.

Is this the same Bubba Ray who said that Shane O Mac should go to the UFC

Mahonay

Banned
Is this the same Bubba Ray who said that Shane O Mac should go to the UFC
STRIKING
8YzgpNq.jpg

Here is a UFC shoot

UFC and we have a lot in common
I wanted a reason for not being allowed any future PPV points. Sean Shelby called and told us how smaller fighters don’t sell, that UFC can’t make stars of anyone, and that a fight between Cody and I wouldn’t be a sellable fight. We disagreed. I think a fight between Cody and I would be popular if it was even given a small serving of the marketing efforts put into other big fights.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/5...d-bullying-has-finally-forced-me-to-speak-out

klonere

Banned
I was looking at NJPW's English site and clicked into Oka's profile.

This guy.

wrestler_1480.png

This guy is younger than me. This guy. What the hell.

Dynedom

Brock is responsible based on his absence and nothing else really. If that's what people are alluding to, I'd say they're right.

That and all other wins don't matter with this horrendous booking.

Sephzilla

Brock's not THE reason why ratings are collapsing, but a nonexistant world champ doesn't help.

Yep. I never said Brock was the reason but he's certainly not helping the cause. And it's not even Brock's fault directly, it's the fact that WWE is okay having a nonexistent champion on their primary program. If I was Brock I'd be happy getting millions for wrestling 3 matches a year.

Bluekaveli is lurking but not participating. Do any of you have communication with him off site? He hasn't responded to my pms. He opened up about his struggles with depression lately .

Sephzilla

Brock is hurting things because he's actively blocking the potential to have any kind of interesting champion. It's not a huge thing that's hurting the product, it's minor in the big picture.

Brock puts asses in seats.

Not sure why you guys want him to stand around while heyman cuts s promo.

Brock is the one thing WWE does right

Brock was putting asses in seats when he was fresh off of beating Undefeated Taker and squashing Cena and basically looked like a god killer. These days he doesn't have any megastars to destroy and he doesn't have that same aura.

Recall

I just want a storyline where I'm excited to see what happens next. That's it.

Something dramatic, exciting and enjoyable.

I too noticed Blue's absence. Hope he's alright, depression is no fucking joke.

Is Brock a significant enough draw to justify the loads he gets paid?

It's not even about if he moves the needle or should/should not be there every week

The Floyd Connor comparison is bollocks, there's no expectation that they fight every week and never has been. Wrestling is different

Brock is hurting things because he's actively blocking the potential to have any kind of interesting champion. It's not a huge thing that's hurting the product, it's minor in the big picture.
This is what I'm thinking. There are a couple of people in the main event spot that can do a good job with the belt.
For everyone who is pumped for Brock vs Joe just remember how pumped everyone was for Brock vs Dean
Wasn't there a interview with Dean said that Brock screwed up that match or is that something else.

Brock's not THE reason why ratings are collapsing, but a nonexistant world champ doesn't help.

Right, he's a symptom of a much larger disease. It also doesn't help when everyone other than the most casual of fans saw the progression of Goldberg--->Brock--->Reigns as the path for that title, making everything between mania and next feel like filler for that belt, leading to a coronation a lot of people don't want to see. It kills intrigue for the top of the card for almost a year. The sudden emergence of Braun was the only thing slightly keeping things fresh, and well...

klonere

Banned
Alright fam, who ya got for Okada/Omega II?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13118641

I'm probably working myself into a shoot by even considering the possibility of a time limit draw, but if they want to escalate from the WK match then that's probably one of their only options from a storytelling point of view.

The most obvious storyline is Omega losing, Naito losing, Naito winning the G1 and winning the belt at WK12, So I'm going for #LOLOKADAWINS

Tagyhag

Lol at the Observer audio

"Nakamura's gonna be a big superstar no matter what"
"Don't say that, we said that about Bayley"
"No he is"
"Don't say that, Dave. You know they can screw anybody up"
".....Yeah"

Does anyone remember the last time that someone who spoke heavily accented English become a superstar?

I don't think they'll try to fuck up Nakamura on purpose (they paid him a lot of money) but if they can't even write for their wrestlers that can actually talk, how the fuck are they going to write for him?

Nakamura talks through his in-ring actions, that subtlety is going to be lost on the writers.

I'm probably working myself into a shoot by even considering the possibility of a time limit draw, but if they want to escalate from the WK match then that's probably one of their only options from a storytelling point of view.

The most obvious storyline is Omega losing, Naito losing, Naito winning the G1 and winning the belt at WK12, So I'm going for #LOLOKADAWINS
Or
Omega wins
Naito loșes
Okada wins G1
Naito finds himself IWGP Champ
#LOLOKADAWINS at WK12

Does anyone remember the last time that someone who spoke heavily accented English become a superstar?

I don't think they'll try to fuck up Nakamura on purpose (they paid him a lot of money) but if they can't even write for their wrestlers that can actually talk, how the fuck are they going to write for him?

Nakamura talks through his in-ring actions, that subtlety is going to be lost on the writers.

Writer 1 : "So he bends over backwards and poses during his theme..."

Writer 2 : "Great, so when he goes up against AJ, make AJ say 'I'll permanently make you bent over backwards with the Phenomenal Forearm"

Writer 1 : "You have to be kidding me?"

Writer 2 : "No, seriously, it's genius."

Heroman

Banned

If they want to have there expansion of The West they are going to need OMEGA to be the champ coming into long Beach.

Top Bottom