• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Foggy

For all the shit WWE gets right now, I never expected them to pull the trigger on Joe vs Lesnar. I know that was probably Braun's spot, and Joe got the nod because Braun was injured, but this is an opportunity for Joe to go in and make something of himself in the E.

I'm surprised people haven't given up the ghost on this happening. If anything screams 5 minute squash match, it's Brock returning to a ppv called Great Balls of Fire against a heel who's been on the main roster for a couple months.

Sephzilla

Joe vs Lesnar is almost certainly going to be a disappointment because

1) They aren't going to have Lesnar do the job at some fucking C-tier PPV
2) They need to build Lesnar up again for SummerSlam since he's been off TV since WrestleMania

Enjoy watching Joe get fucking squashed so hard you'll think Bray Wyatt looks more legit

I got myself a bird feeder the other day and all I see right now is some squirrel clambering all over it eating all the nuts, it's like WWE booked this disappointment.

Lol at the Observer audio

"Nakamura's gonna be a big superstar no matter what"
"Don't say that, we said that about Bayley"
"No he is"
"Don't say that, Dave. You know they can screw anybody up"
".....Yeah"

lpGZe.gif

Wonderful, top marks Seph.

Beefy

Her whole shtick is very bizarre. One thing I can say for her is that she is at least authentic. What will be challenging (in addition to so many other things) is how she portrays herself as she ages. The costume won't work in her mid 30s, for example.
She will still be doing it in her 40's.

Lol at the Observer audio

"Nakamura's gonna be a big superstar no matter what"
"Don't say that, we said that about Bayley"
"No he is"
"Don't say that, Dave. You know they can screw anybody up"
".....Yeah"

People need to stop listening to Dave and listen to what Bubba Ray has to say on Busted Open. Dude spoke extensively for over an hour about Nakamura's run in main roster , what the problems are, why they exist, and how they can address them. Dude makes good use of his airtime and brings hands on experience to the table.

Brock Lesnar is part of the reason ratings are plummeting

It's hard to quantify that. I don't think people and thinking "fuck Brock" after every episode of RAW or Smackdown.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PPV was fine. Hell, it was more than fine tbh, it was good. Not amazing by any means, but certainly fun and a good time.

Main event was great, great work by everyone, yes including our boy Roman.

I will say that for all the good moments in that cage match, the near constant clambering was utterly pace destroying.

Still wondering if WWE will ever pull off at least a 4 stars worthy cage match in the modern day, it's like a gimmick doomed to mediocrity.

edit: god-damn squirrel is back and feasting away, today isn't my day

Mahonay

Banned
I will say that for all the good moments in that cage match, the near constant clambering was utterly pace destroying.

Still wondering if WWE will ever pull off at least a 4 stars worthy cage match in the modern day, it's like a gimmick doomed to mediocrity.
Even the Bret vs Owen cage match had tons of slow clambering. But that was 20 years ago. They definitely need to change it up.

Mahonay

Banned
WTF. Kalisto has all new gear and entrance. Seems like an improvement. That song is awful though.

LOL they stuck Apollo with Titus.

Slizz

I watched this PPV at the wrestling bar I've told you lot about. Its so much better to watch it in that atmosphere, people drift in and out, but once someone does a big move the whole bar would 'ohhhhh'. Funnily enough one of the people there was the producer on the LeBetard show who is also a huge wrestling fan.

People legit lol'ed at the Great Balls of Fire promo it even had the fucking music. So hilarious.

WWE ppvs have become just meh over the last couple of months , outside​ of one match they are just there.

They need to roll back to the standard one a month format. Just make them all brand split. Have more relevant matches on the weekly shows to make up for stuff that they would normally have put on brand exclusive PPVs.

Top Bottom