• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Brock ain't the problem. Its the clear predictable path for the 4th year in a row for Roman to headline mania and to take the title off Brock. He's going to be a 2X Rumble winner in 2018.

Foggy

If they want to have there expansion of The West they are going to need OMEGA to be the champ coming into long Beach.

If Omega's leaving by the beginning of next year they probably won't bother. Just build to an Omega/Ibushi IC match at WK and call it a day on Kenny. In either case, they need a way forward without Omega and the Young Bucks.

klonere

Banned
If Omega's leaving by the beginning of next year they probably won't bother. Just build to an Omega/Ibushi IC match at WK and call it a day on Kenny. In either case, they need a way forward without Omega and the Young Bucks.

It's super inevitable that both the Bucks and Kenny are going to WWE isn't it.

Fucking hell man. Goddamnit. There was even a Tokyo Sports article about how impressed Regal was by KUSHIDA.

Aaarrrrgghhhh

klonere

Banned
Okay so now I have the DDT catchup planned I wanted to try another rewatch project - Tanahashi's rise in NJPW. If anyone could suggest a good starting point (not talking first IWGP title win, more start of his ascent) that would be swell thanks.

I can see Martin Scully leading Bullet Club if this happens.

Okay so now I have the DDT catchup planned I wanted to try another rewatch project - Tanahashi's rise in NJPW. If anyone could suggest a good starting point (not talking first IWGP title win, more start of his ascent) that would be swell thanks.

Sounds like you want his U-30 title reign if you want the stuff before Tanahashi/Nagata.

Heroman

Banned
I wouldn't be shock if the bucks and OMEGA are stay next year. Bucks are making a killing with the merch sales and as long as Kenny love Ibushi stays in NJPW he'll probably say.

Nakamura is the perfect example of why some guys should remain NXT talents for the bulk of their WWE career.

Bayley is a perfect example of what you are describing. Nakamura is an example of a tenured talent who has what it takes but is failed by booking and a different style of storytelling that clashes with the WWE culture. Haitch and the guys who reeled him in should have seen this coming.

Kaladin

Bayley is a perfect example of what you are describing. Nakamura is an example of a tenured talent who has what it takes but is failed by booking and a different style of storytelling that clashes with the WWE culture. Haitch and the guys who reeled him in should have seen this coming.

True. I honestly think that the bulk of the problem is that while NXT builds new stars, they don't build them in a way that keeps them over and keeps them prepared for when they transition to Raw.

Heroman

Banned
True. I honestly think that the bulk of the problem is that while NXT builds new stars, they don't build them in a way that keeps them over and keeps them prepared for when they transition to Raw.
That's​ not a problem NXT, that a problem of the booking and writing on the main roster.

Striker

Yeah, he outright called him lazy, said he didn't want to do anything.
Dean was in that horrendous Asylum match. The only good thing about it was Jericho taking the thumb tacks. Dean is playing defense and not taking any blame for his continuous terrible matches.

The WK matches vs Suzuki and muta

Cagey

Banned
Nakamura has been on the main roster for, what, 6 weeks now?

People thought AJ Styles was ruined when he didn't win the Rumble, when he went into a feud with Jericho, when he lost to Jericho at WM, when he went into a feud with Reigns and lost, when he went into a feud with Cena, when he went to Smackdown, when he lost the championship...

It's not even Money in the Bank or Summerslam yet. He's not been given a Jackie Chan gimmick next to Titus's Chris Tucker for a Rush Hour tag-team.

Give it a minute.

Foggy

It's super inevitable that both the Bucks and Kenny are going to WWE isn't it.

Fucking hell man. Goddamnit. There was even a Tokyo Sports article about how impressed Regal was by KUSHIDA.

Aaarrrrgghhhh

They won't stop until they've ruined everyone.

The pain won't stop any time soon, but it will eventually

With the rate that WWE's signing people, I'm looking more to who's on the way out than who's on the way in - Claudio back on the indies and Japan would be big, plus I'm pretty sure he's hit his ceiling in WWE.

Dope, now to try and wrangle the nightmare that is the new NJPWWorld site into getting me some of those matches.

There's not a lot of early Tanahashi on there, unfortunately. Here's some;

Tana's debut; http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00270_1_1

5 years later vs Nak for the U-30 title; http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00165_1_9

vs Shibata; http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00167_1_8

From there on the next stuff's a forgettable IWGP defence against Taiyo Kea, then straight into the 2007 G1 final vs Nagata. That's pretty much the start of prime Tanahashi anyways. NJPW World really do need to get more of the early-2000's stuff up there.

Anth0ny

Brock would be ruined if he was on tv like a regular full timer. Him being off tv is the reason he has the aura that he has.

It's the garbage creative they give to everyone else in the meantime that's the problem.

Also I think bucks and omega are happy with their current schedule and pay. Wwe is sinking right now, they don't need it.

klonere

Banned
With the rate that WWE's signing people, I'm looking more to who's on the way out than who's on the way in - Claudio back on the indies and Japan would be big, plus I'm pretty sure he's hit his ceiling in WWE.

There's not a lot of early Tanahashi on there, unfortunately. Here's some;

Tana's debut; http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00270_1_1

5 years later vs Nak for the U-30 title; http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00165_1_9

vs Shibata; http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00167_1_8

From there on the next stuff's a forgettable IWGP defence against Taiyo Kea, then straight into the 2007 G1 final vs Nagata. That's pretty much the start of prime Tanahashi anyways. NJPW World really do need to get more of the early-2000's stuff up there.

Man the tag system is totally broken, neither of those matches show up under the U-30 title tag. Thanks for the links though.

I'm not sure what's more strange to go back and look at, pre LIJ Naito or pre gimmick Nakamura.

Brock would be ruined if he was on tv like a regular full timer. Him being off tv is the reason he has the aura that he has.

It's the garbage creative they give to everyone else in the meantime that's the problem.

Also I think bucks and omega are happy with their current schedule and pay. Wwe is sinking right now, they don't need it.

Then why give him the belt in the first place? Like what people have said here, Brock is not helping with what is going on. Saying that it will hurt him is laughable when he doesn't even care in the first place.

klonere

Banned
Then why give him the belt in the first place? Like what people have said here, Brock is not helping with what is going on. Saying that it will hurt him is laughable when he doesn't even care in the first place.

With like, one or two exceptions, there is nothing more damaging to a performer with any sort of aura or cache than appearing weekly on WWE programming.

With like, one or two exceptions, there is nothing more damaging to a performer with any sort of aura or cache than appearing weekly on WWE programming.

Have him appear once a month at least and do something. The only time we had anything from him is when Heyman showed up and did his promo with Balor.

Fox318

I want an update from Suplex City.

Catch Wrestling Brock

CL5VVhR.png

He wins via neck crank and wrestlers guillotines

Yeah, last night the way Finn was acting was great. Being brutal, repeatedly slamming Bray's head on the table, going around and beating the crap out of everyone. That should be how he is when he's the Demon instead of the Demon being completely identical to Finn's style just he has paint on as the only difference.

Heroman

Banned
July Wrasslin|OT| The rain maker strike back
July Wrasslin|OT| Great shoot kicks of fire
July Wrasslin|OT| It's​ a real life tournament Arc

And August is easy

August Wrasslin |OT| They called him Mr. August

Kaladin

WWE Fan Council's voting for most surprising moment at Extreme Rules

In an attempt to get Dean Ambrose disqualified, The Miz having Maryse slap him across the face (6%)

The Miz taking advantage of Maryse being banned from ringside to defeat Dean Ambrose and become Intercontinental Champion (1%)

Sasha Banks & Rich Swann defeating Alicia Fox & Noam Dar after Swann connected with a Phoenix Splash (0%)

Alexa Bliss taking advantage of Bayley's hesitation and using the Kendo Stick to retain the Raw Women's Championship (7%)

Following his escape, Jeff Hardy climbing to the top of the cage and hitting Sheamus & Cesaro with a Whisper in the Wind (8%)

Sheamus & Cesaro just beating The Hardy Boyz out of the cage to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions (15%)

Neville forcing Austin Aries to tap to the Rings of Saturn after connecting with a Red Arrow to Aries (1%)

Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt forming an uneasy alliance early on in the Fatal 5-Way No.1 Contender's Match (0%)

Roman Reigns Spearing both Finn Balor and Samoa Joe through the barricade (6%)
Samoa Joe becoming the No.1 Contender for the Universal Championship after locking Finn Bálor in the Coquina Clutch (49%)

Top Bottom