• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Dope, now to try and wrangle the nightmare that is the new NJPWWorld site into getting me some of those matches.

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yuji Nagata vs Kenta Kobashi & Tamon Honda for the GHC tag titles in 2003: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7E3y6fRByU

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yuji Nagata vs Takeshi Morishima & Takeshi Rikio for GHC tag titles in 2003: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFpUPWG30_M

Tanahashi vs. Marufuji for the U-30 title in 2003: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl2u60_hiroshi-tanahashi-vs-naomichi-marufuji_sport

Anth0ny

i mean, i mean, i mean

you know

she isn't even

you know

do they expect us to really believe that, you know, she has time to go out on a friday or saturday to watch a movie? with that schedule? I mean... come on.

Omega's gotta take the belt. He has to. He already got beat by Okada, and New Japan DEFINITELY wants him taking the belt into the Long Beach shows.

I love Okada as much as the next guy, but it's Kenny time.

Hex

Banned
lmao meltzer is complaining that it's unrealistic for wwe to say bayley saw wonder woman because of her schedule

Actually when she said it I was like huh?
Did she follow up with she would fight for those who couldnt fight for themselves? Would she fight for the little guy?
NOTHING SHE SAID after had anything to do with the movie lol.

This is what I'm thinking. There are a couple of people in the main event spot that can do a good job with the belt.

Wasn't there a interview with Dean said that Brock screwed up that match or is that something else.

How so?

Nakamura is the perfect example of why some guys should remain NXT talents for the bulk of their WWE career.

Bayley, Sasha, Apollo, Breeze, Bo, Ascension, Vaudevillians, American Alpha, etc, etc, etc

There's been a lot more failures than success, which is normal, but I think people put way too much stock in how well someone does in NXT as a measure of how they'll be on the main roster.

Anth0ny

Omega's gotta take the belt. He has to. He already got beat by Okada, and New Japan DEFINITELY wants him taking the belt into the Long Beach shows.

Yup. Money's in the chase, Okada's gotta chase.

It's a simple story: Okada gets overconfident somehow, slips for a moment, one winged angel, pin.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit Shibata starts off this U-30 match by shooting on Tana to ZERO reaction. Like, big open hand flurry, headkicks, stomping all that jazz. Silence, and an odd boo.

They really were sick of the MMA stuff by then huh.

It's a simple story: Okada gets overconfident somehow, slips for a moment, one winged angel, pin.

The money is in the chase for Naito. Why would you put the belt on some foreigner who is just going to be signed by the WWE?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bayley, Sasha, Apollo, Breeze, Bo, Ascension, Vaudevillians, American Alpha, etc, etc, etc

There's been a lot more failures than success, which is normal, but I think people put way too much stock in how well someone does in NXT as a measure of how they'll be on the main roster.

but the majority of us always dread them being called up because its certain to be a bd move for them?

Anth0ny

The money is in the chase for Naito. Why would you put the belt on some foreigner who is just going to be signed by the WWE?

guaranteed there's conversations going on right now between new japan and omega. of course if there's any chance omega is going to wwe they aren't gonna put the belt on him. but they need to figure that out now in order to book the next show + US shows + G1 properly.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Even if Omega leaves, it's probably not for what, 9 months? That's plenty of time to have him win the belt and drop it at WrestleKingdom 12 because OkadaWinsLol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Didn't Naito win Tokyo Sport's MVP award by double what was second place?

NJPW taking its English expansion as seriously as their English Website I'm sure

Meltzer also had a line where he said that Bayley mentioned she studied Tommy Dreamer for the match and he said Tommy lost all of the time so that showed she definitely was studying him.

Kaladin

There is too much call to bring people up to the main roster. Once someone gets hot, or comes in hot, everyone wants to know when they're moving up, regardless if they are ready or not.

Main roster fans not that into memes it seems
There was those rumors Vince feared the 10 chant becoming the new what.

I don't think there's any other heels on Smackdown not involved in either the main event or MITB match outside of English who he's already beaten a billion times. Maybe he'll get something to fill up the MITB card.

klonere

Banned
Shibata wins by headkick to a completely tepid reaction. An okay match that was mainly Shibata beating the shit out of Tana with kicks to silence. Crowd picked up for Tana comebacks.

3.25 stars.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00167_1_8

Even if Omega leaves, it's probably not for what, 9 months? That's plenty of time to have him win the belt and drop it at WrestleKingdom 12 because OkadaWinsLol.

If you are trying to build a narrative that your top star can only be beaten by 2 or 3 people in the entire promotion, I would be damn sure that I have access to those 2 or 3 people for several years to come.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
How so?

Sasha? Really? Sasha is over as fuck and has been in many great matches on the main roster, was in the main womens title picture for a long time and is clearly highly valued.

Kaladin

One of the safest non-WWE licensed t-shirts is back

foleycjpop.jpg

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/

#safe

Fantomex

You damn right brother!
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2cpc1prpz5ogs04sccgoo0wc8_640.gif

And then they can use it as an angle for him growing and maturing.

I fucking hate Lesner and wish someone would punch a hole in his intestine again.
He is terrible for business in the long term.

I still think it's both ironic and funny that everything that Punk ever wanted and asked for , Lesnar ended up getting. And he even got the title.

Goddess Alexa burying Bayley makes me so happy. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Bv7bS94CYAAD90J.jpg

That's where they've been taking Okada's character since WK. If you notice, he's been trying to wrestle other opponents using their own game. Submissions against Suzuki. Speed and quickness against Tiger Mask W. Strikes against Shibata. Power against Fale. Basically, he not only wants to keep the champion, but prove that he's the best wrestler in the world today, and that is shown by the fact that Omega didn't call him out like a usual NJPW challenge, HE called OMEGA out. And this hubris is going to catch up to him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
About what? How that's only remotely true if you ignore, like, 3 G1 finals more than a dozen IWGP title matches? lol.

As a character

match quality has never really been a fault. they hit all the 'spots' of a 'good match' for the japanese crowd regularly in njpw. the only time tanahashi's character has been interesting in njpw was when he worked as an overarrogant face against nakamura and when he worked as a crybaby against yano

Dean was in that horrendous Asylum match. The only good thing about it was Jericho taking the thumb tacks. Dean is playing defense and not taking any blame for his continuous terrible matches.

He was also in that great HHH match the month before Mania, and it was a feud built around weapons that featured none of the built weapons or many weapon spots at all.

As a character

match quality has never really been a fault. they hit all the 'spots' of a 'good match' for the japanese crowd regularly in njpw. the only time tanahashi's character has been interesting in njpw was when he worked as an overarrogant face against nakamura and when he worked as a crybaby against yano

Or when he was public enemy no.1 with the hardcore fans and they were desperate for Suzuki to beat him, only to be won over by his character work by the match's conclusion? Or, when he turned into a huge dickhead to put young upstart Okada in his place and show him that he wasn't as hot shit as he thought he was? I like arrogant invader Tanahashi as much as the next guy, but wouldn't call it the apex of his character work. He was behaving exactly as a promotion's ace should behave when wrestling elsewhere.

Best Tanahashi is the Ace. He was everything an Ace should be.

Nothing gets my motor going like B. Monsoon and D. West going at it.

Quiet you, this isn't for your entertainment!

Ithil

Actually when she said it I was like huh?
Did she follow up with she would fight for those who couldnt fight for themselves? Would she fight for the little guy?
NOTHING SHE SAID after had anything to do with the movie lol.

It's likely whoever wrote her promo hasn't even seen the film, it's just a big film release from this weekend so they had to get in a reference to it to seem like they're "topical".

Heroman

Banned
That's where they've been taking Okada's character since WK. If you notice, he's been trying to wrestle other opponents using their own game. Submissions against Suzuki. Speed and quickness against Tiger Mask W. Strikes against Shibata. Power against Fale. Basically, he not only wants to keep the champion, but prove that he's the best wrestler in the world today, and that is shown by the fact that Omega didn't call him out like a usual NJPW challenge, HE called OMEGA out. And this hubris is going to catch up to him.

There was also a moment at the BOSJ finals where keeny made a comment about how he has gotten better while Okada hasn't.

Top Bottom