• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Kaladin

Jerry Lawler on WWE's use of Great Balls Of Fire:

“My personal attorney here in Memphis is Joe Barton. Good friend of mine and my attorney. I got a phone call from Joe a few weeks ago, and Joe also represents Jerry Lee Lewis.

And Joe said, “Hey Jerry, do you happen to know who I would contact at the WWE about copyright infringement?”

I go, “What? What are you talking about?”

He goes, “Well, we understand they are doing a pay-per-view called Great Balls of Fire and Jerry Lee has that phrase trademarked. He has ever since they recorded the song.”

So, I put him in touch with the WWE people, gave him a name. Apparently he called them and got everything worked out. Not only are they using the name, they are using Jerry Lee’s song, which is awesome.”

Kaladin

This could be a start of something where WWE would get other music artist's permission for future PPV names.

WWE presents:

Peggy Sue
Hound Dog
All Shook up
Jailhouse Rock

I think the key takeaway here is they thought they could do a PPV called "Great Balls Of Fire" without contacting Jerry Lee Lewis's people.

Slizz

I think the key takeaway here is they thought they could do a PPV called "Great Balls Of Fire" without contacting Jerry Lee Lewis's people.

Wait, so they were out of touch on their out of touch PPV name? Shock.

Maybe they thought it needed the 'Goodness gracious' in front of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They also though they could make the logo look like a flaming dick n balls and nobody would notice

jOO9V2D.png

Tagyhag

What's the best ever Money In The Bank match?

I mean the actual MITB match and not the best ever match on the PPV.

Maybe it's because it's the first but I really really loved the first one at Wrestlemania 21.

Awesome spots, great selling especially from Benoit, Benjamin showing what he could really do, Kane destroying on the ground, not a single person in that match felt like dead weight, and Edge arguably becoming the ultimate opportunist that night.

Just great all around.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What's the best ever Money In The Bank match?

I mean the actual MITB match and not the best ever match on the PPV.

Most of them are pretty good. They're kind of set up to make them hard to be bad, though - you have so many guys in the ring that you can practically set up 20 minutes of pre-planned spots and far less in the way of transitional moves.

I wish they would sit down and figure out how to actually do the whole "climbing the ladder is hard" thing without looking dumb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naito dropping the IC belt to Tanahashi to feud with Okada for the IWGP is the most obvious thing I've ever seen

people really think Omega's going to win it still?

Oh my god Uncle Jun has a new look

DBu2fv-VwAABVBa.jpg

DBtxLKtWAAAvgFa.jpg

He's turning into Chono.

Also, why doesn't he have the Gaora TV belt? Why not carry that presti....couldn't get through that without laughing, sorry.

Naito dropping the IC belt to Tanahashi to feud with Okada for the IWGP is the most obvious thing I've ever seen

people really think Omega's going to win it still?

Omega bringing the belt into G1 USA is also pretty damn obvious.

klonere

Banned
Fam the G1 USA shows are sold the fuck out.

Omega doesn't need the belt. He's just another gajin that is waiting to head to Orlando.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's turning into Chono.

Also, why doesn't he have the Gaora TV belt? Why not carry that presti....couldn't get through that without laughing, sorry.

Omega bringing the belt into G1 USA is also pretty damn obvious.

NJPW isn't taking their American ''''''''''''''expansions''''''''''''' all that seriously

Top Bottom