• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

jmdajr

Trump is done tomorrow

G4vPXIc.gif

Please God, PLEASE... let it happen

Sephzilla

The defeatist "nothing will happen" attitude some people have in those politics threads should honestly be bannable at this point.

Hasney

The defeatist "nothing will happen" attitude some people have in those politics threads should honestly be bannable at this point.

They should fucking do something to make things happen.

Pub near me is giving free pints tomorrow for people who vote. Good times.

Honestly I think out of all types of gimmick posters on GAF wrestling gimmick posters are the worst.

Thankfully they don't actually come in here much lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
I legit can't enjoy anything except politics for the last 3 months. Trump threads take up all my time and I never get to visit here and talk about wrestling except for a horrible shit post once in a while here. I just wanted to take a moment to say

1. Raw is Bore, haven't watched it in forever still

2. Jinder would be amazing if they kept his entire presentation as it is now but change him into a rich ass billionaire tycoon who is better than everyone else, less of a generic evil brown person gimmick. I actually thoroughly enjoy class based storylines when one dude is supremely rich and a complete dick about it.

Also is it just me or does jigglys clotheslines turn into weirdly timed awkward looking punches sometimes, like half way through a clothesline he decides to punch instead.

3. Commentary. I know we talk about the problem with it a lot but I never really noticed that nearly every team is a weird combo of generations who have little in common. Tom Phillips is great and when he was working with Cory Graves it was reaching levels of greatness we hadn't seen since the king and jr at their peak.

I think a contributing factor to commentary overall being shit (other than Vince McMahon bring in their ear) is that whenever someone goes off the cuff or improvises, it rarely ever successfully bounces off whoever else is there and turns into good dialogue. I honestly think it's because of generational differences. Someone as old and crusty as JBL shouldnt be on a team with Tom Phillips and Byron (Byron is another topic all together).

If you're going to have an old fuck on your commentary, at least make them an old fuck who is endearing and people love. Sorry for rant and phone typing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's gonna be a slobberknocker.

Comey is pretty much going to say that Trump committed obstruction of justice

Trump already pretty much said Trump committed obstruction of justice. On television. Nothing happened.

Zach

I want something to happen re: Trump. Not because I love my country and her people, but because I want blackaroni to look like a real doofus.

This Freedom's Road taping is pretty tasty

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBvpVpRXUAEEKUP.jpg:small[/IMG][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBlT3bFVYAQrnzp.jpg:small[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBvaehTUAAA8hDO.jpg:small[/IMG][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBvLlOiUwAALtcj.jpg:small[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBqenX_XkAI2vCW.jpg:small[/IMG][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBlauNxUQAAsFw4.jpg:small[/IMG]

Dijak in PROGRESS makes me happy, he's such a try hard I love him. Bought my ticket when they announced Isla Dawn before though, she really impressed me at the first London EVE show, and haven't had chance to see her since.

Hasney

some people have some really thick nostalgia goggles about the Attitude Era.

Anything that wasn't the main event scene generally has aged like warm cheese

You better recognise D'Lo Brown European Champion.

But I actually hugely disagree. The mid card puts on generally better matches now, but they have no direction. At least back then, every segment had a purpose and built to something even if the pay off wasn't great. Now there just isn't a build or a pay off.

Egg0

Banned
The Hardcore Title was my favorite thing from the Attitude Era. It was so fun and goofy how it was defended 24/7. Plus my boy Raven practically owned the thing.

Sephzilla

I've kind of grown to think that the New Generation era might have been the best WWF/WWE era ever. It had a lot of talent up and down the card. There was decent storytelling at various levels of the card. And, this might have been due to Bret's influence with Vince, they still maintained the suspension of disbelief that it was a "sport"

Tall4Life

I've kind of grown to think that the New Generation era might have been the best WWF/WWE era ever. It had a lot of talent up and down the card. There was decent storytelling at various levels of the card. And, this might have been due to Bret's influence with Vince, they still maintained the suspension of disbelief that it was a "sport"

MABEL WON KING OF THE RING

Foley's best work is as the original Mankind character, but he's still instrumental in getting alot of the Attitude Era going.

Austin/McMahon? Foley kept that going.

The rise of The Rock? Shit everyone talks about Taker but where would The Rock have gone without the Foley feud

HHH? Pretty much the best part of the whole Mcmahon/Helmsley thing was Foley

some people have some really thick nostalgia goggles about the Attitude Era.

Anything that wasn't the main event scene generally has aged like warm cheese

Nothing related to pro wrestling has ever fantastic from top to bottom.

The fact of the matter is that no era of wrestling had characters in wrestling who acted with such conviction and organic storytelling as the Attitude Era. No other era in wrestling seemed to be able to invest the audience in the wrestlers so effortlessly.

Yes there's stuff that doesn't hold up. But goddamn, it was good at pushing that down and giving you SOMETHING week to week.

Top Bottom