• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

@WWERomanReigns said:
Trust is completely dead to me.
BpLOv0OIMAAPKXx.jpg

Apparently I missed a dilly of a pickle when I went out. Honestly like someone said earlier, having Rollins be the one to turn was the best decision for everyone. He would've been lost in the shuffle post Shield and to have his name be the straw that broke the camel's back and to remembered for that, might do wonders for him.

Or he might end up being the next Pete Gas.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rollins is going to get jobbed out hard to Roman in the short term but long term his eventual face turn could be an epic moment and rocket him into permanent main event status. I'm going to be optimistic and say this is the beginning of Seth's run to the WWE Championship! Friend Heel, join me on the bandwagon.

Paracelsus

In my opinion they will try building Rolling as an Edge type of manipulator heel, and the situation is the same as it was when they pushed him mid-2005: roster extremely depressing-looking.

I figured out my problem with the Usos other than the whatever gimmick.

They wrestle like their relatives. Like Umaga, like Rikishi, like Yoko, but they're not big so it's not impressive when they do the moves they do. They just look like moves anyone that size could easily do.

The problem is there's not enough variation between the brothers like you get with the Bellas.

strobogo

Banned
Terrible crowd for Raw.

Did you see what the crowd was given?

Bateaster doing a pageant wave that was replayed 8 times. Sandow as Lance Stephenson playing basketball in the ring and then Big Show getting involved. Bo vs Kofi. RVD. ADR vs Ziggler squash. Rusev medal ceremony. One of the bigger wtfcena moments in quite a while where he completely randomly gets inserted into Bryan's angle, then doesn't sell at all and beats up the guy heading into a title match, all for no reason and while completely not selling the super brutal match from the night before. More Torito/Hornswoggle stuff. Main event being an angle.

Heel

Rollins is going to get jobbed out hard to Roman in the short term but long term his eventual face turn could be an epic moment and rocket him into permanent main event status. I'm going to be optimistic and say this is the beginning of Seth's run to the WWE Championship! Friend Heel, join me on the bandwagon.

iMhyi6eNSPICl.gif

charsace

Apparently I missed a dilly of a pickle when I went out. Honestly like someone said earlier, having Rollins be the one to turn was the best decision for everyone. He would've been lost in the shuffle post Shield and to have his name be the straw that broke the camel's back and to remembered for that, might do wonders for him.

Or he might end up being the next Pete Gas.

He wouldn't have been lost. I thought he would have turned on them at the PPV. I've always figured that the WWE Rollins heel until Reigns faces triple H and then Rollins will turn face. They want to give Reigns a head start in the singles face run. If Rollins was face now while Reigns was learning the ropes Reigns would be in trouble.

Glad Goldust got his music back. Sin Cara? Really?

lol seriously

Sin Jobber? Really?

HOLY SHIT SIN CARA LIVES...and he's YELLOW!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA

Cody must be a fucking moron.

bo0Ft.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I've been away from video games long enough that I'm really excited about playing them again. I'd say I should do the same for WWE, but I have a feeling Cena will still be in the main event if I stopped for 6 months. Maybe NJPW would be a better thing to try this on.

Sblargh

Banned
Did you see what the crowd was given?

Bateaster doing a pageant wave that was replayed 8 times. Sandow as Lance Stephenson playing basketball in the ring and then Big Show getting involved. Bo vs Kofi. RVD. ADR vs Ziggler squash. Rusev medal ceremony. One of the bigger wtfcena moments in quite a while where he completely randomly gets inserted into Bryan's angle, then doesn't sell at all and beats up the guy heading into a title match, all for no reason and while completely not selling the super brutal match from the night before. More Torito/Hornswoggle stuff. Main event being an angle.

This kind of thing justifies me hating on Cena, right? Sometimes I wonder if I am not only going with peer pressure, but this is someone at the top making everything worse because of some insane necessity to be overprotected, right?

Heel

Mags-n-Xavier.jpg

Us turning on each other, it's what they want. I tried to warn you, Heel. I want you by my side. We're brothers, you and I.

I'm always open to negotiations, friend. How do you feel about Daniel Bryan, and nitpicking everything about his existence until he's no longer champion?

strobogo

Banned
This kind of thing justifies me hating on Cena, right? Sometimes I wonder if I am not only going with peer pressure, but this is someone at the top making everything worse because of some insane necessity to be overprotected, right?

I can't believe no one said, "This is stupid and we're not doing this". Not Cena, not Kane, not HHH, not Stephanie, not even Vince himself. It's Bryan's angle and has absolutely nothing to do with Cena. But Cena comes out just to say, "You can't strip him of the titles because I had to give the title up when I was injured, and if he doesn't want to do that, that's okay". His punishment for getting snippy with Stephanie is a match with Kane, who will be facing Bryan at MITB in a stretcher match for the title.

It ends in about 2-3 minutes after Kane is disqualified for punching in the corner too much. Cena then easily fights Kane off, knocks the shit out of him, and casually leaves. The whole time not at all selling what the announcers are trying to portray as one of the most brutal matches in years.

Not only should Cena have not been involved in Bryan's angle, but he shouldn't have had a match with anyone. He could take one show off to sell the match from the night before. Instead, he's inserted into Bryan's angle and makes Bryan's number one contender opponent look like a joke for no reason. That's some Hogan shit if I've ever seen it. It doesn't even help Cena (who just won the blow off match of a 4 month angle the night before), but it does hurt Kane and Bryan. It makes Kane look like a putz and it makes Bryan look even worse because he spent the previous month running away from and getting beaten up by Kane, but Cena bows up to him and leaves him laying in one try.

I can't believe Vince was okay with that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm always open to negotiations, friend. How do you feel about Daniel Bryan, and nitpicking everything about his existence until he's no longer champion?

WM30 was fun but the time has come for Bryan to drop the belt to Rollins.

Sblargh

Banned
I can't believe no one said, "This is stupid and we're not doing this". Not Cena, not Kane, not HHH, not Stephanie, not even Vince himself. It's Bryan's angle and has absolutely nothing to do with Cena. But Cena comes out just to say, "You can't strip him of the titles because I had to give the title up when I was injured, and if he doesn't want to do that, that's okay". His punishment for getting snippy with Stephanie is a match with Kane, who will be facing Bryan at MITB in a stretcher match for the title.

It ends in about 2-3 minutes after Kane is disqualified for punching in the corner too much. Cena then easily fights Kane off, knocks the shit out of him, and casually leaves. The whole time not at all selling what the announcers are trying to portray as one of the most brutal matches in years.

Not only should Cena have not been involved in Bryan's angle, but he shouldn't have had a match with anyone. He could take one show off to sell the match from the night before. Instead, he's inserted into Bryan's angle and makes Bryan's number one contender opponent look like a joke for no reason. That's some Hogan shit if I've ever seen it. It doesn't even help Cena (who just won the blow off match of a 4 month angle the night before), but it does hurt Kane and Bryan. It makes Kane look like a putz and it makes Bryan look even worse because he spent the previous month running away from and getting beaten up by Kane, but Cena bows up to him and leaves him laying in one try.

It is puzzling, isn't it? I had to turn off Raw after that, and again, I'm not quite sure why, I guess it's because I'm such a Bryan fan and then Cena made a joke out of "my guy" by making a joke out of an opponent who was already a joke. And for no reason, for nothing. It wasn't a perfect storyline, but it was going, it was a story being told, I said before Raw I was excited to see how Steph would react to yesterday's confrontation, which, again, I thought it was good, given the circumstances, yesterday did a good job making the story go forward.

You know, when someone who don't usually frequents this thread, comes out of nowhere just to say they give up watching because of Cena. Today I understood why. His Bray feud pissed me off, but the truth is, I wasn't that attached to Bray. I am, obviously, that attached to Bryan and Bryan wasn't even there and Cena made him a joke. And the entire company will keep putting his machine behind him, and he will keep using charity and merchandising sales as a shield against criticism to how much he is horrible at his job and the ironic crowd will keep ironically defending him in this thread just for the cheap heat of defending the worst guy this company has while nitpicking the best guy this company has. Not that Cena is the worst wrestler or the worst entertainer, it's just that he causes the most damage. And How Vince / Steph/ Kane/ HHH / etc.; didn't stop him? I don't know, man. Maybe it's that mentality of superprotecting the guy on top that thye just do on automatic without even thinking about it.

It's a fucking industry that doesn't understand itself.

Well, Raw was a three hour bowel movement, a real shit show... Curious what they'll do with Rollins now but that's pretty much it.

Oh and Lawler's shock and awe over Cena lifting the steps after he did the same thing last night and launched them into Bray. FFS.

Gorillaz

Pretty much agreed, the whole segment was just floating for awhile to the point I was honestly questioning what the hell did it have to do with either storylines. They could have gotten to that the whole "DB must do something or lose it automatically at next PPV" without the Cena interruption. He honestly shouldn't have even been there and for what? a Kane fight?

It honestly comes off as a little kid mad that he isn't always in the spot light. It really does seem weird that the showrunners/Vince are letting him run reckless

iRsXUFGX5jYDj.gif

Fuck you, you piece of shit, friend. If you can't do that, you're legitimately unfit. There was a study about it. Rusev doing that isn't impressive. It wasn't impressive when Larry Zbyszko did it, either. I can do it without issue after a year of binge drinking and a couple of bike rides.

Sunglasses indoors.

Top Bottom