• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Hasney

It's about time for Sami Zayn to get called up. Would you like to see him take Rollins spot as the high flyer in the Shield?

No. I'd actually prefer him to stay in NXT, especially right now. For a start, I want to see him win the NXT championship since it's his obsession in character and it would be a nice way to end his arc. Plus, I can see him being booked horrifically. "He's losing a lot and that's endearing to the crowd, we can do the same on Raw!!" without realising that the reason it's working is that they're highly competitive 20 minute matches and not Raw 5 minute filler.

If he gets called up, he's Ziggler with a beard.

Real good second half to the Super Jr's show today, all four matches delivered but Omega vs El Desperado and the Alex Shelley vs Taguchi main event really stood out. First half was OK, 3 matches in a row with cheating heels wore a bit thin, but Matt Jackson vs TAKA was good and I enjoyed the Bullet Club tag, mostly because of Honma being awesome and some cool Tanahashi/Anderson interactions. Good show overall, better than the opening night I'd say.

We should have noticed Seth preparing to become Bertram Teaster Jr.

tumblr_n6koh0HU2B1qgdajlo1_250.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fergal would be the third. The Shield stuff is eerily similar to a lot of Bullet Club merch, and he can high fly like Seth. But I'm pretty sure they're breaking them all up as the point of this storyline.

Fergal would be the third. The Shield stuff is eerily similar to a lot of Bullet Club merch, and he can high fly like Seth. But I'm pretty sure they're breaking them all up as the point of this storyline.

If we're going to IWC fantasy book Devitt taking Rollins' Shield spot, I actually quite like the idea of The Shield as a rotating stable of 3 or so indy(ish) guys with similar mentalities putting on awesome trios matches before going off to do their own thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They don't call him the cerebral assassin for nothing.

Yup... In 24 hours, Rollins went from leaping off stages onto them, to hugging them. That must've been one hell of a sleep...

"Hey Seth, why is it always you're the one who has to jump off stuff and kill yourself?"

Man I've gotta say, even as a fan I hope Kane retires soon, his "monster" booking makes me sad, so very sad and I've had to endure this ball dropping booking surrounding him since 1998. I know people would be against this on principle but I still say they should have just given him the belt after Extreme Rules for taking out Bryan (you know, the authority's ultimate goal and all, the reason they brought in "the demon"), had him tear through challengers in a believable manner over the last month and then get decisively beaten by a returning Bryan, then Big Red retirement..
It's testament to the quality of the E right now that they can put my favourite guy as the number 1 contender and my second as the IC champ and I still struggle to maintain enthusiasm.

At long last it seems the Shield is over (or at least as the full group), what a damn good run it was and a rare case of WWE not screwing up their booking. I couldn't really see any other way for them to go after Evolution and if things had gone on any longer the spectre of shoddy booking that has returned full force would likely have claimed them so I'm okay with this.
That being said Rollins seems like an odd choice for the turn, like they deliberately chose the one they felt was the least obvious because SWERVE.

Hex

Banned
"I held the Shield together, but it is always Rollins Rollins Rollins, I am the one who puts myself on the line and without me the Shield would be nothing"
Mix and match ...etc...and add in "I adapted and evolved"

Entropia

No One Remembers
The ending to GoT was... crazy. SPOILER if you haven't seen it:
Why didn't he just fucking kill him?!??!
]

strobogo

Banned
I wrote a poem for Bateaster in my sleep last night.

You may be very sweaty
And when you breathe, it is oh so heavy
It's true you've lost your majesty
But now you're off to save the galaxy

iLVq8DwlcMN18.gif

I wrote a poem for Bateaster in my sleep last night.
I wrote one too:

What do you get when you steal D. Brine’s heat?
Boos and a rip in your skinny jeans’ seat.
Getting so gassed that you never tag in,
This run ain’t as smooth as your
fore
head
skin
But they don’t make overness botox

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love Vampiro's WCW theme. Even if it's supposed to be a ripoff of Smashing Pumpkins, it's unique enough that it doesn't feel like it.

Browny

Banned
I wrote one too:

What do you get when you steal D. Brine’s heat?
Boos and a rip in your skinny jeans’ seat.
Getting so gassed that you never tag in,
This run ain’t as smooth as your
fore
head
skin
But they don’t make overness botox

Tell me this is set to the tune of Oompa Loompa...

XenoRaven

I just assumed H's convinced Seth that even after all his experience and hard work and everything he did to keep the Shield together, Reigns was always going to get the attention.

Cagey

Banned
The Luigi gifs alone make me want a WiiU and MK8. That had to be one hell of an internal running joke in development.

Roman and Ambrose will be there.

Knocked out on the outside of the ring while Cena handles business. After he wins, he'll run back to the ring and help Ambrose and Reigns up to give them the rub.

That's when Reigns spears Cena, says fuck off with your corny ass, and establishes himself as the most popular dude in the company right? Like in my dreams?

strobogo

Banned
I like this. Can't catch Rollins ridin' dirty

Also, can someone explain why he turned? I didn't watch RAW (was at The Troc), and have no idea what possible explanation they could have of not doing it at the PPV

Tune into Raw next week to find out! Seems pretty obvious. After losing, HHH hatched a plan to break the Shield up from the inside, because he always wins. And he got to Rollins, be it with money or power.

strobogo

Banned
NO NOT THE ARCHITECT

Who better to know how to tear something apart than the very person who built it? The person who builds it knows how to tear it apart. THE ARCHITECT KNOWS THE WEAK POINTS. BLACK HELICOPTERS. HE BUILT IT SO HE KNOWS HOW TO DEMOLISH IT.

*Says JBL, 12 times in a row, each time getting louder and more aggressive, for no reason.

Ithil

That or you can say that Rollins was the lynch pin holding the Shield together, and HHH just pulled it out and won by dismantling the Shield instead of beating them.

DMczaf

Who better to know how to tear something apart than the very person who built it? The person who builds it knows how to tear it apart. THE ARCHITECT KNOWS THE WEAK POINTS. BLACK HELICOPTERS. HE BUILT IT SO HE KNOWS HOW TO DEMOLISH IT.

*Says JBL, 12 times in a row, each time getting louder and more aggressive, for no reason.

Just picture Vince screaming it into his headset each time before JBL says it and it all makes sense.

Just picture Vince screaming it into his headset each time before JBL says it and it all makes sense.

Dohohohohoho, I'm ready for that

That or you can say that Rollins was the lynch pin holding the Shield together, and HHH just pulled it out and won by dismantling the Shield instead of beating them.

Though this one is absolutely fair too, considering that is exactly what happens with The Wyatts. It's just weird that they did it on RAW instead of on Payback.

I also wonder if it isn't yet another RUSE

Ithil

RAW has about five times the amount of viewers as Payback, makes much more sense to do it on TV. TV is for starting and building angles, PPVs are for ending them.

Top Bottom