• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sblargh

Banned
Explain to me why someone should be hyped for E3 in general?

Like... I don't understand being excited to see some new commercials for shit that you won't get to actually play for 6 months to [however many decades it's taken Last Guardian to come out]

But that's what hype is. Being excited for something that isn't in your hands. It's Mojo Rawley who doesn't understand the word.

Announcements, when well done, are great. It's good to have something to look forward to.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN YOU FUCK?

CrashTeamRacingNACover.png
>
30884326-mario-kart-ride-on-02.jpg

Do you even vidya?

Heel

Welcome to the "hated for people who use abbreviations for kideo game titles" club, Perspicacity.

wrestlersshakinghands.gif

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go wrap up my DotBM:A campaign.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Welcome to the "hated for people who use abbreviations for kideo game titles" club, Perspicacity.

wrestlersshakinghands.gif

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go wrap up my DotBM:A campaign.
Let me get my decoder ring.

But that's what hype is. Being excited for something that isn't in your hands. It's Mojo Rawley who doesn't understand the word.

Announcements, when well done, are great. It's good to have something to look forward to.

Except it's not even being excited for something that isn't in your hands, because I can get that, I can understand being excited for the actual video game because that's something tangible.

It's being excited for something that hasn't been promised to you but you think is coming anyway that I don't get. It's the mentality that breeds CM Punk chants.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Except it's not even being excited for something that isn't in your hands, because I can get that, I can understand being excited for the actual video game because that's something tangible.

It's being excited for something that hasn't been promised to you but you think is coming anyway that I don't get. It's the mentality that breeds CM Punk chants.

I like to drink and laugh at the press conferences with friends. Last year was hype because of the new consoles and shit. This year I am less hype.
I am hype for SGDQ (Summer Games Done Quick for Heel and Pepsi) because it is the best event of the year.

They already have a really good Flair DVD.

Order of want:

1. Lawler/Kaufman
2. Owen Hart
3. Shield (full run until Rollins turn)
4. Daniel Bryan (NXT until Mania 30...not the stuff after)
5. Shawn vs. Bret

Maybe the TLC stuff too.

Is there a "complete" Jericho DVD set out there?

Totally agree with Lawler/Kaufman. Kaufman's heel promos I've seen on YouTube are really some of the best wrestling promos I've ever seen.

Also some other bits about the Seth turn:

Rollins’ turn on Ambrose and Reigns was decided upon on Sunday afternoon. There was a brief tease in the post-game show after Payback, that wasn’t subtle, but didn’t exactly make people expect the turn either.

And Daniel Bryan:

One person close to the situation said that Vince McMahon, who was making all the decisions regarding this angle, took the same approach that he’s done many times when main eventers are injured. The situation was compared with the 2012 Hell in a Cell show where McMahon presumed John Cena would be ready to face C.M. Punk, didn’t have anything planned in case Cena’s recovery wasn’t record breaking. This led to the Ryback vs. Punk Hell in a Cell match where Punk had to win and end Ryback’s streak. While the show itself ended up a far bigger success than if Cena was healthy, Ryback was never the same as a babyface because it wasn’t the time for him to lose, and Ryback was never close to the same again. It was similar at the end of 2012 when Punk was injured and they had nothing ready for the TLC match other than do the Punk vs. Ryback ladder match on television as soon as Punk was back.

The problem is that Bryan’s rehabilitation of his right arm is going slower than anticipated. One person said that not only is he not makings gains, but he’s actually losing strength in the arm while doing rehab, which is concerning. Bryan was in Indianapolis for Raw and backstage, his situation was the most talked about thing among those in power. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who did his neck surgery, to see what was wrong. Bryan will return on the 6/9 Raw for another confrontation with Stephanie.

Because of that, there was no certainty and they created the Money in the Bank backup plan because they didn’t want to do a PPV without the world title at stake. The idea is Payback had it at stake in the angle.

Nothing is definite. There is a feeling, knowing Bryan’s wanting to be in the thick of things and mental toughness, that even if it’s not the right thing for him, that he’ll wrestle on 6/29. There is tremendous real life pressure being put on him right now to be ready, whether direct or just implied.

As of right now, if Bryan doesn’t work, they will do a ladder match for the title. They are considering a second ladder match where the winner would have the briefcase, but right now they are going with the idea Bryan vs. Kane will headline.

and Summerslam:

We can confirm that the long-term plan for the SummerSlam main event right now is Bryan vs. Lesnar for the title as one of the main events. So if/when Lesnar vs. Cesaro takes place as part of a Cesaro turn, it would be after that point.

god can Bryan wrestle literally anyone else besides Kane? Beating Kane a bunch of times before dropping it to Lesnar is not a good run
I call Shawn then. He won the championship the year I was born so I guess it works.

I turned 18 in January. Sorry for making you feel old.
whoa, i thought i was the youngest.
beat by two months

That news is terrible. Only bright spot is Bryan/Lesnar, which sounds like it could not happen at all.

Also, fuck Inferno IV on Trials Fusion.

Alucard

Banned
I figure Bryan would be the first to get a shot at the title once he's healthy again. Let's hypothesize:

If Bryan doesn't recover in time, who wins the belt at Money in the Bank?

Cena? And then we have Bryan/Cena II at Summerslam a year later?

Cesaro? Is he even ready for this?

Del Rio? I could see this since he's actually pretty decent with a belt around him.

I figure it either needs to be Cena or a heel.

...Rollins?!

So after hemming and hawing about getting on TMobile's 30$ plan, I just cancelled my phone on Ting (losing my number in the process) and switched to FreedomPop, because, well, it's free.

Free phone service. Wooooo

I figure Bryan would be the first to get a shot at the title once he's healthy again. Let's hypothesize:

Del Rio? I could see this since he's actually pretty decent with a belt around him.

...Rollins?!
I'm not making any suggestions or anything, but The Marine 3 was a big hit for them and they probably want The Marine 4 to be an even bigger hit

...Rollins?!

Cena is the default, if not safe choice.

Coming out of Mania I would have thought Cesaro would be a viable contender by SummerSlam but they've fucked him.

But in regards to what Bryan will do when he gets back, it seems like the answer is always fucking Kane.

Sblargh

Banned
Royal Rumble '92 (the match, not the PPV, didn't even watched the undercard) is so good. So good.

Bobby Heenan stealing the show by being in panic the entire time because Ric Flair was #3 and then, well, everything else. Lots of cool moments. A bunch of tiny stories.

I loved it.

One person close to the situation said that Vince McMahon, who was making all the decisions regarding this angle

Motherfucker.

I'm pretty sure if Lesnar/Bryan happens that Lesnar will just throw Bryan all over the arena, so that may not be the wisest idea...

Sblargh

Banned
"The word is offensive?! Why! I never knew! It's not how I use it!"

Edit: Yo, Spider, your wrasslin' elitism sucks and your hate for our boy D-Bry is despicable; but you fight the good fight... so keep doing that and stop hating on D-Bry.

Rey Mysterio news:

There is more to the Rey Mysterio situation than he was simply renewed for another year. It’s a potential legal situation that has yet to play out. Mysterio was looking at leaving with the expiration of his contract a month ago, before Vince McMahon renewed it for another year citing the time he had been out of action during the previous contract due to injuries. Right now he’s officially still on the injury list and nothing is being talked about regarding when he would return.

Top Bottom