• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know what's worse, people who are just ignorant, or people who claim to be progressive only for street cred.

cm-punk-jpg.jpg

You know, I see Political Correctness as simple etiquette, you know? I mean, wikipedia definition:

"a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group."

Knowing how to behave should bring status and respect (or street cred as you kids say). It shouldn't award you a golden medal for being an awesome human being, but, to me, knowing that using slurs is not all right is basic. I don't even know what to say about people who can't even do that.

Can't wait for this weeks Raw and the big "Everybody wants to know why I did what I did...." promo.

HHHwins lol.

Was never putting guys over, he was just pretending to lose, it was all a big ruse, you all fell for it LOLZ.

The only reason he bought Dave back from his failure movie was to distract everyone from the SWERVE.

Shit doesn't even make sense but you know, wrestling lol.

Its funny to imagine them right now frantically pulling ideas out of their asses trying to think of ways to explain it with that one guy just keeping on suggesting "Do, do you think if we just had them come out together again anyone would notice?"

somedevil

Can't wait for this weeks Raw and the big "Everybody wants to know why I did what I did...." promo.

HHHwins lol.

Was never putting guys over, he was just pretending to lose, it was all a big ruse, you all fell for it LOLZ.

The only reason he bought Dave back from his failure movie was to distract everyone from the SWERVE.

Shit doesn't even make sense but you know, wrestling lol.

Its funny to imagine them right now frantically pulling ideas out of their asses trying to think of ways to explain it with that one guy just keeping on suggesting "Do, do you think if we just had them come out together again anyone would notice?"

What are you talking about? Triple H put over the Shield and Bryan since he returned. He hasn't won a match in a while and lost clean all the time. Also, Batista movie isn't going to bomb and I'm not sure what the last part is trying to say. The shield split probably needed to happen. Who was left to feud with? They beaten them all.

gurudyne

Some of the people in that Jonah Hill thread
giphy.gif

The wrestling thread is more socially conscious than most of them.
Wrestling fans!

I feel that's true for a lot of GAF. -xism, -cism, the -phobias get thrown about embarrassingly often. A lot of threads about those topics are minefields. I'm still amazed at how privilege threads go even after a year in the relative spotlight.

What are you talking about? Triple H put over the Shield and Bryan since he returned. He hasn't won a match in a while and lost clean all the time. Also, Batista movie isn't going to bomb and I'm not sure what the last part is trying to say. The shield split probably needed to happen. Who was left to feud with? They beaten them all.

It was mainly said in jest, like from HHH's view, how he'll spin it in the promo as the bad guy. Like how he was screaming at Batista for leaving and how he can't come crawling back after Hollywood fails him etc.

The Shield thing doesn't make much sense because Seth kills himself helping The Shield beat HHH twice in a row but turns out he was 'with them' anyway.... oh ok? Knowing WWE it was a last second decision to turn him "We'll figure out how and why later lol".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With the exception of styl3s, WrassleGAF is leading the charge in acceptance.

We have trans acceptance, swole acceptance, we even accept racists-that-arent-actually-racist in good humor.

We're poised to be at the forefront of the battle of equality that is waged every day - because prejudice is not dead, and we won't lie to ourselves that it is.

It was mainly said in jest, like from HHH's view, how he'll spin it in the promo as the bad guy. Like how he was screaming at Batista for leaving and how he can't come crawling back after Hollywood fails him etc.

The Shield thing doesn't make much sense because Seth kills himself helping The Shield beat HHH twice in a row but turns out he was 'with them' anyway.... oh ok? Knowing WWE it was a last second decision to turn him "We'll figure out how and why later lol".

presuming Seth had decided to defect at that point. We'll see 'when' he decided to defect.

Maybe he realized after that match he was carrying them. Maybe Trips made an offer he couldn't refuse. 'You've gone as far as you can with those guys, imagine how far you can go with us.'

There's plenty of ways to turn a face that used to be a heel back to a heel.

DominoKid

would it not suffice for HHH to say The Authority recognized the true talent/x-factor in the The Shield and made Seth an offer he couldn't refuse?

Turns out Seth made some bad financial investments, but this iron clad contract means he can get his house back and never have to worry again.

"High-flyers don't live very long."

somedevil

The decision was made on Sunday before Payback. This whole heel turn was always going to happen with the belief Ambrose would turn. It would be nice if they stayed together but who was left for them to face? There was no more heels left for them to face. They basically peaked.

I can't judge this turn until later but its a lot better going out on top rather than to drag too long like the NWO.

Sblargh

Banned

We have trans acceptance, swole acceptance, we even accept racists-that-arent-actually-racist in good humor.

We're poised to be at the forefront of the battle of equality that is waged every day - because prejudice is not dead, and we won't lie to ourselves that it is.

Why can't you be the real Vince McMahon? I could hug you right now.

presuming Seth had decided to defect at that point. We'll see 'when' he decided to defect.

Maybe he realized after that match he was carrying them. Maybe Trips made an offer he couldn't refuse. 'You've gone as far as you can with those guys, imagine how far you can go with us.'

There's plenty of ways to turn a face that used to be a heel back to a heel.

I still go with he never was into this brotherhood thing. He formed the Shield for the gold, revolted against The Authority as a risky move for the gold and now is ready to collect the reward. AFAIK, he can go his entire career double/triple crossing people and making us believe, each time, that now he is showing his true colors.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

msg.jpg

gurudyne

I still go with he never was into this brotherhood thing. He formed the Shield for the gold, revolted against The Authority as a risky move for the gold and now is ready to collect the reward. AFAIK, he can go his entire career double/triple crossing people and making us believe, each time, that now he is showing his true colors.

I like that idea. Lots of possibilities. Another one they could go with is They did Shield-Evolution two months in a row and it was gearing up to happen a third time. Seth's smart enough to know that having the boss that focused on getting the best of you is a losing game in the long run, so turned while he was still at the top of the game and could command top dollar/position himself for title shots/whatever.

Or maybe he's a new Wyatt member acting as a plant and Wyatts-Evolution is gearing up for Summerslam.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I respect you spider and your lifestyle and everything.

Not sure I respect your clinginess though

In real life I am as clingy as a slip'n slide, very few of my relations last more than a few days/weeks.
With you however, our bond is eternal. You are the Nidia to...no, uhh the Mrs. Elizabeth to m......huh.

No wrestling couples work in the long run

PInk Tape

Banned

Well said.

Miss Jackie and Charlie Haas? Triple H and Stephanie McMahon?

G-Fex

In real life I am as clingy as a slip'n slide, very few of my relations last more than a few days/weeks.
With you however, our bond is eternal. You are the Nidia to...no, uhh the Mrs. Elizabeth to m......huh.

Spider pls.

The only bond you're getting is gold bond.

My waifu is the twitch waifu chan HD. Back to the salt mines with you.

YOU KNOW WHATS A GOOD VEHICULAR GAME? WWE CRUSH HOUR

strobogo

Banned
Michigan Wrasslegaf meetup at the Chikara show in Detroit this month!
We will drink free trade coffee and eat soy products till we get ill!

We are an accepting group when it comes to sexual identities, but I won't accept Chikara loving, free trade coffee drinking, soy eating sorry sons of bitches.

It's a really basic storyline. HHH offered Seth more money/title shots/power than he could get in Shield. Problem solved.

ALL JAPAN NEWS

It is being heavily rumored that Jun Akiyama will be named the new president of “All Japan” as of July 1, 2014. Now why I have the All Japan is quotation marks is that there appears to be a major chance in the form of a re-branding of the promotion…or in other words the start of a whole new organization.

Some back-story to what has led to this point… Nobuo Shiraishi purchases All Japan in All Japan. Then several months later in June of 2013, a power sway happens and Shiraishi names himself the new president of All Japan. Keiji Mutoh and the then former president Masayuki Uchida are completely unable to fight the change due to being in Canada with Sanada, and others, at the time. Mutoh doesn’t return to the promotion and this causes a mass exodus to occur by July 1st as more than half of the staff and roster leave All Japan to join Mutoh. Ever since then it has been a major struggle for Shiraishi to find the fan support that he needed to keep All Japan out of the red. No matter what All Japan would offer the problems would remain apparent. Even to the point where Motoko Baba, Giant Baba’s wife, would demand for the belts that her husband brought into the promotion being returned to the Baba family household. Shiraishi of course would also make it known of his plans to change some things around a bit, and that would cause more difference between the wrestlers and himself. A new president would be name earlier this year in Hirota Inoue.

Well this brings up full circle to exactly 1 year later with the announcement that a new promotion is on the horizon and is set to potentially correct all the mistakes that have been a plague to All Japan. The well now "former" President of AJPW Hirota Inoue has not been fully active at his job for sometime and due to this he has stepped down from the position as of June 1, a move made to try and dissociate Shiraishi from the main spotlight. But ultimately did not change anything. It seems after plenty of deliberation that Akiyama will be leading the charge for a new promotion to be formed out of the ashes of what All Japan was founded upon. It appears, at this time, that all the championship belts currently used in All Japan will be moving to Akiyama’s new promotion. Suwama and Masanobu Fuchi appear to be in complete favor of this new change and will be following Akiyama. The other rumored names of AJPW signed talent to be following Akiyama are as follows.. Akebono, Takao Omori, KENSO, Go Shiozaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki, Atsushi Aoki, Kento Miyahara, SUSHI, and Naoya Nomura. All the freelance talent used as of late are expected to continue participating in the future as well.

There is also talk that Motoko Baba is also fully backing Akiyama’s plans to form a new promotion. Which she has shown nothing but contempt for what Shiraishi was trying to accomplish over the last year. The very first major show of the new promotion is expected to be held on July 12 at the BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM in Osaka. As they will be carrying on with all the dates that have been announced by AJPW. It shall be interesting to see how the fans might react to this major change, and if it will lead to the
proper results that Akiyama desires.

Alucard

Banned
You would say the same about TNA though, wouldn't you?

I would never use the word "fantastic" and "TNA" in the same sentence, especially if we're just talking about the past two years. At various points, it has been good, engaging, entertaining, and interesting. At other points, like now, it's been bland,colourless, and boring.

strobogo

Banned
The fuck, the Jonah Hill thread is even worse than I imagined. People for real up in there saying that faggot isn't an offense term and isn't related to gay people anyway. And then some people trying to argue the same with nigger, but I'm not sure if those people are serious or making fun of how ridiculous the people in that thread.

Well, in the 1600s, it meant it was a bundle of a stick and then was used as a derogatory term towards old ladies. No relation to gay people.

The fuuuuuuuck. Is this 2014?

G-Fex

I just visited the site.

http://celestialbodiez.com/

It's hilarious.

rofl

The fuck, the Jonah Hill thread is even worse than I imagined. People for real up in there saying that faggot isn't an offense term and isn't related to gay people anyway. And then some people trying to argue the same with nigger, but I'm not sure if those people are serious or making fun of how ridiculous the people in that thread.

Well, in the 1600s, it meant it was a bundle of a stick and then was used as a derogatory term towards old ladies. No relation to gay people.

I read those things and it's unbelievable.

People can't be this stupid, it has to be trolling right?

gurudyne

The only people who think that way are 12 year olds who want to convince everyone around them that they're clever, insightful people above such petty things as race and gender. I'm getting so many flashbacks to middle school reading that shit.

Zach

You sure you're from Tulsa? >_>

Top Bottom