• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FIRST POST

uQXwZfg.gif

At least they knew he couldn't just hand them over considering what his character has been saying, so they stripped them and put the heat back on them for it. My worry was they'd have him hand them over in the end.

Interesting flaw in Steph's promo though. Bryan didn't know he'd be stripped, yet they had the titles.

... Might he be hanging on to a set? That would make things interesting upon return.

Sblargh

Banned
Hey, you know, storyline or not, he is the champion. Two, three months without him won't change that when he comes back. (I really really hope)

If the storyline isn't that he is the actual champion, then it will have to become that, because that's how will people feel anyway.

But yeah, he should have had an quick pre-recorded promo on the tron (and they could do this next week). Bryan could say "I don't care who it is, friend or foe. Whoever grabs the title from the top of the ladder at Money in the Bank, you've got a target on your back when I return."

But of course that'd be good so nah

Sblargh

Banned
Well, at least Brie got fired, so we got that. Bryan could come back one year from now, with an even more monstruous beard, barefoot, shirtless, kimono pants. Behind him, Brie, in full hippie mode, unshaven and unwashed, with a babypack and the Danielson child.

G-Fex

Well, at least Brie got fired, so we got that. Bryan could come back one year from now, with an even more monstruous beard, barefoot, shirtless, kimono pants. Behind him, Brie, in full hippie mode, unshaven and unwashed, with a babypack and the Danielson child.

Brie got fired? Awesome.

Plywood change your avatar back >:U

Sblargh

Banned
Only game that grabbed me from E3 so far is No Man's Sky. Looks unblelievable. Glad to see it's only a timed exclusive.

Timed exclusives I'm ok with. Get that money from Sony or MS and then make console peasants beta test it so the PC master race get the best version.

But seriously, No Man's Sky looks... wow.

Edit: Also, can't lie, good to see new Tomb Raider coming. Not hyped hyped, but I'll probably play it somewhere along the line. I really enjoyed the last one.

Edit 2: Scratch that, I'm really hyped for new Tomb Raider. I have nitpicked it to hell after I've played, but thinking about it, it was a fun solid experience. I'm even thinking of playing it again now.

Looking forward to the new Lara Croft sequel, the first one was so much fun. Wonder why they waited so long.

Also, dat Attidtude Era Grim Fandango pop.

tumblr_mj76yjxtBf1rnux1so1_250.gif

Sblargh

Banned
Meh, I loved Grim Fandango a lot, but I don't get the point of a remix or whatever. I understand updating the graphics on the Monkey Island series because it went from pixels to not-pixels; but Grim Fandango's art direction actually did a good job in keeping it from looking dated.

Edit: Wait, so No Man's Sky is a single player game with Demons' Souls-esque multiplayer stuff?

Meh, I loved Grim Fandango a lot, but I don't get the point of a remix or whatever. I understand updating the graphics on the Monkey Island series because it went from pixels to not-pixels; but Grim Fandango's art direction actually did a good job in keeping it from looking dated.

I imagine it's mostly compatibility and control issues, no? Monkey Islands engine was pretty well emulated, Grim had issues running on Win 7 didn't it? And I remember the controls being a bitch.

Sblargh

Banned
I imagine it's mostly compatibility and control issues, no? Monkey Islands engine was pretty well emulated, Grim had issues running on Win 7 didn't it? And I remember the controls being a bitch.

Well, if so it's all right then. Also, what the hell, why not, right?

Sblargh

Banned
Man, "procedural generated" should be the buzzword of the future. It's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NWpdyQXzHw

Also, this interview, that's some Kant level of thinking. It's procedural generated, but everyone generates it the same way, so everyone is seeing kind of the same thing, but at the same time, it's not exactly the same thing.

So interesting. I want to see procedurally generated every gaming genre ever.
-

Because, going into the philosophy side of things, this is how the universe really exists, I believe. The universe wasn't created or designed (and a bunch of theists philosophers would agree with it, to not spark a needless debate); but rather what we have are rules, the real framework of the universe isn't matter, but the rules by which matter is governed. So all this work into putting trees there, mountains here, messing with the lightining and so on will always be, well, a designed world; on the other hand, an engine that have a good set of rules capable of manipulate stuff in order for the rules themselves to form things, that's mimicking the real world in a much more fundamental level than, say, getting satellite photos and trying to reproduce the earth.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now that the Money in the Bank match is actually a title match, I am quite looking forward to the PPV. Guaranteed title changes are always great!

Power of June people!

Sblargh

Banned
Yes it was, fuck the haters.

Also, I have brought back the power of the soul patch just for E3.

I think he is talking about the sequel to guardian of light? It seems like there are two franchises now, the Tomb Raider one and the Lara Croft one.

That would be amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Procedurally generated is all well and good, but there's an art to making levels that you'd miss out on. It doesn't need to be in everything.

Super Mario World. Demons Souls, etc. if that was proc gen, they'd lose a lot of what makes them great games.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't want it to replace everything. Something like Elder Scrolls is amazing, with the map designed the way it is on its details and sidequests and so on. But I also want, very very much, a kind of Elder Scrolls (ignoring the existence of Daggerfall here because the technology has advanced so much) that is procedurally generated.

Infinite fantasy world, with procedurally generated towns, quests, dungeons and so on. Actually, Daggerfall does a lot of this right, it just messes up on the dungeons really.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm already done with Alicia Fox freak-outs.

Classic WWE beating gimmicks into the ground within a month.

Hasney

Procedurally generated is all well and good, but there's an art to making levels that you'd miss out on. It doesn't need to be in everything.

Super Mario World. Demons Souls, etc. if that was proc gen, they'd lose a lot of what makes them great games.

Oh yeah, there's a place for both. Roguelikes are fine to be procedural since the mechanics work for it. Same with exploration games like No Mans Sky.

I was surprised Spleunky worked, but yeah, there's no way you could have a straight mario like that.

<heel rant>
Why is there so much video game blabber in a thread devoted to professional wrestling? I get y'all like games, but if you really want discuss that crap, go yap in the official threads devoted to, y'know, games. It's annoying to come to this thread and see 5-10 posts derailed by thoughts about E3. I come here to read about wrestling, not what you think of some sky-flying game.

Hell, imagine derailing the E3 thread to talk about Daniel Bryan getting stripped of the title. You'd be banned in a second. So let's keep this thread 'bout wrasslin', OK? Thanks!
</heel rant>

Anyways, who do y'all think will win the MITB match now that Bryan is out? Cesaro seems like the logical pick, but I wouldn't surprised if they went with Orton. Y'know, just 'cause.

strobogo

Banned
Love you, 1992.

Enjoy it while you can because it all comes crashing down in 1993 for both companies.

<heel rant>
Why is there so much video game blabber in a thread devoted to professional wrestling? I get y'all like games, but if you really want discuss that crap, go yap in the official threads devoted to, y'know, games. It's annoying to come to this thread and see 5-10 posts derailed by thoughts about E3. I come here to read about wrestling, not what you think of some sky-flying game.

Hell, imagine derailing the E3 thread to talk about Daniel Bryan getting stripped of the title. You'd be banned in a second. So let's keep this thread 'bout wrasslin', OK? Thanks!
</heel rant>

Anyways, who do y'all think will win the MITB match now that Bryan is out? Cesaro seems like the logical pick, but I wouldn't surprised if they went with Orton. Y'know, just 'cause.

I think Nintendo will win MITB. Sony seems like a logical pick, I know, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Microsoft.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
<heel rant>

</heel rant>

We're a community, communities do things together.

Hasney

<heel rant>

</heel rant>

What Vinny Mac said, the community threads are for people of a similar interest to shoot the shit about anything

We're a community, communities do things together.

Go back to my example about posting in the E3 thread 'bout wrasslin. Would that be accepted as being part of a community?

What Vinny Mac said, the community threads are for people of a similar interest to shoot the shit about anything

First of all, shooting shit is a waste of ammunition and is nasty. Second of all, there's entire threads devoted to gaming where y'all can yap all you want about pixels and polygons.

Why set up a wrestling thread if you wanna talk about games? Doesn't make sense. Like stripping the title of Bryan without having him on the show. Is McMahon booking your forum responses?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Go back to my example about posting in the E3 thread 'bout wrasslin. Would that be accepted as being part of a community?

E3 threads aren't communities. They're event threads. If you were to say posting about gaming in a Wrestlemania thread, that would make more sense.

DiscoJon

Banned
chris-jericho-wcw-o.gif

Fave Five Chris Jericho (WCW) Hairstyles:

1. Arm Drag!
tumblr_lxdpawNcBD1r80k0jo1_400.jpg

2. Arm Bar!
tumblr_m75qdjr4qq1r80k0jo1_500.png

3. The Moss-Covered Three-Handled Family Grudunzle!
97.jpg

4. ARM BAR!
jericho64.jpg

5. The Saskatchewan Spinning Nerve Hold!
tumblr_mqbn1m5HJ71ruikdmo1_500.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Go back to my example about posting in the E3 thread 'bout wrasslin. Would that be accepted as being part of a community? ?
They're not a community, if we were in OT there's a different standard. Community OT we build a legitimate community.

strobogo

Banned
Going off topic is necessary in this thread, as there often isn't anything interesting to talk about besides complaining about how things suck.

We get 5 pages of X is BURIED

ibkvMRweIdMxSl.gif

Or a page and a half of Fex is a racist but Spider can't help but love him

iKFKjWuSrBRI1.gif

Or LOLDEATHMATCHWRASSLIN

iJNitafV7lpT5.gif

Sometimes we need some off topic stuff to fight off the negative for a little bit.

ibk2DORbSAN1c1.gif

PInk Tape

Banned
Nothing really happened yesterday that warranted a discussion. Bryan losing the titles? We had a discussion about that a few pages back when it was all in the air.
Who might become the champion at MITB? I think everybody here has an idea on how that will go; I'd love to be surprised but I have my doubts. How will Rollins fair as a heel?
If yesterday was any indicator, I think he'll be fine.

It's just how this community is; we like to talk about things other than wrestling to keep things fresh. Some communities just shoot straight and that's fine but here anything's fair game as long as you aren't a (real) dick about things.

I love your gifs, Stro.

RP912

Banned
Rollins as a heel seems like a match made in heaven because that promo last night brought me back to territory days. I guess its the fact it felt genuine and not like a geek squad rep helping you through a computer problem.

Cena with the shield was what it was. Cena leeching off of the coattails of a tag team to get them cheers. Lucky for him, he was in a pro cena town so it was a win/win.

E3 this year

Sony = a average RAW
MS = a average Smackdown
EA = a average TNA house show
Ubisoft = so fake it cant even be compaired to pro wrestling

Top Bottom