• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Striker

So who is left to join the MitB match? Big Shoe? Kane? Cena? Outside Cesaro, it's a bunch of retreads. Guys like Barrett and Bray should be in it if booking hasn't been absurd for them since March/April. And for Barrett, I mean getting the IC title and 'feuding' with an out of shape RVD. But you look at others, like Rhodes, Ziggler, and Rollins would've been better to see hadn't the booking, at least for the first two, been abysmal since then. Or Big E (he's boring, but I give him the benefit of the doubt), who held the IC title and did nothing with it or nothing since. Who writes this shit?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Who writes this shit?

ajv5a9.gif

Weekly television might be at it's lowest point since...early 2011?

Well apparently it matters not who's in the MITB match. According to Meltzer, the plan still is for Bryan to immediately be the champion again upon returning.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That was the point where I stopped liking Sandow and realize he's just ripping off the Genius. It was fine when they had similar gimmicks, but this shit is just plagiarism.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing wrong with procedurally generated worlds, as long as it fits the game. Nor user created content, either - can't wait for Hotline Miami 2, the level editor should keep me playing that one for ages.

Wrestling related, the Best of the Super Jr's final is up, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet;

Ricochet vs KUSHIDA - (NJPW 2014/06/08)

Great-ass match. Everyone should watch this because I truly believe everyone will enjoy it. It's got the flavor.

We're a community, goddammit, a Wrestling Family.

Sblargh

Banned
I like Sandow. I think he is entertaining me. That's basically it.

WWE have people here and there entertaining me, but there's no balance. RAW is like, excluding the actual commercial breaks because there's a fucking lot of them:

50% plugging, shilling, recapping itself.

25% "serious" storylines that may or may not be entertaining

15% goofy undercard that may or may not be entertaining

5% undercard matches that are supposed to showcase wrestling, but it often just falls flat

1% stuff I'm actually interested in, be it segments or matches.

This week was like; Paige match was good, Alicia Fox is jumping the shark, but still amusing, Sandow was similarly amusing; Ambrose promo was all right, Reigns wasn't; there were matches and I barely remember them. I know BNB, Cesaro and RVD had matches, but I don't even remember with whom. Sheamus was possibly on the show too. I just tuned out, really not giving a shit. Cena appeared, but I already knew he was coming, so I did not raged, I just stayed dead inside, it actually made sense because it seemed more that he was after the Wyatts than that he was joining The Shield.

It's like, I'm glad Bryan won't break his neck just to feed people dumb enough to buy WWE stock. And I like, in theory, that there will be a new title holder, but then, really, zero of those wrestlers excite me; even Rollins winning doesn't interest me. His storyline works better without titles, I think... and also, I think I'm not interest in the storyline. The turn itself was awesome, but now, well, what to say about it? He changed sides, the end.

I'd be curious to see Ambrose and Reigns trying to get even, but their first confrontation involved 4 people that had nothing to do with this story because their own story is boring. But I can get excited again if, you know, something exciting happens. As for the title, unless they come up with a good swerve out of nowhere, I'll feel like it is vacated until D-Bry returns regardless of it being held by a human being or not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I saw that Reigns promo, that was laughably poor.

Piss in the wind.

Sblargh

Banned
Actually, the one guy I could see being interesting winning the titles is Bray. If he was a face, I wouldn't say he was "ready" or anything like that; but fuck, as a heel, as someone you want to see not having a long title reign? I can get behind that. Get the title, shield himself behind the family, make people hesitate to get title shots because they don't really want to deal with Bray.

So the press conference day was awesome. Lots of fun stuff.

Not so fun was the WrassleGAF chatroom which clearly had a obvious height bias, so I'm officially announcing that I am taking you all to wrestler's court

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So the press conference day was awesome. Lots of fun stuff.

Not so fun was the WrassleGAF chatroom which clearly had a obvious height bias, so I'm officially announcing that I am taking you all to wrestler's court

WrassleGAF IRC was fun. Excepting Aiii's fury, goddamn he was an angry man.

RP912

Banned
Reigns tries too hard to seem "cool" and "badass" and comes off as a doofus in promos instead.

Reigns is getting better compared to his earlier grunts and growls. Dude reminds me of Diesel when he used to cut promos which isn't really a bad thing. Ambrose is god on the mic so thats a given.

Actually, the one guy I could see being interesting winning the titles is Bray. If he was a face, I wouldn't say he was "ready" or anything like that; but fuck, as a heel, as someone you want to see not having a long title reign? I can get behind that. Get the title, shield himself behind the family, make people hesitate to get title shots because they don't really want to deal with Bray.

Would you say they'd have to...rise above him?
John_Cena_def_Bray_Wyatt.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Torrie Wilson seems to be the most legitshook'd female.

Well, she was some weird "internet's most searched for on AOL.com" thing or something. Guess old habits die hard.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know where Sibersk got that CG footage, but it's really well done.
Alas, we know it isn't true. Bray defeated Bryan at Royal Rumble, basked in the victory and then vanished. I hope he comes back to WWE TV soon. I'm sure it will be great.

Ithil

Well apparently it matters not who's in the MITB match. According to Meltzer, the plan still is for Bryan to immediately be the champion again upon returning.

Makes me fear they're going to do a short term throwaway heel run like Orton (AGAIN) or Del Rio.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Damn, Warlord still looks beast
VWeM5Y8.jpg

ff10_52.jpg

Reigns is getting better compared to his earlier grunts and growls. Dude reminds me of Diesel when he used to cut promos which isn't really a bad thing. Ambrose is god on the mic so thats a given.

Diesel was naturally cool on the mic. His whole thing was that he was too cool for wrestling these guys. Roman is more like Orton where he tries REALLY hard to look cool. It's kind of like a guy who gives himself a nickname.

Reigns is stuck on "oh so slow" promo mode. It's like how after Jurassic Park Jeff Goldblum basically did that same performance for the rest of his career.

jred2k

Makes me fear they're going to do a short term throwaway heel run like Orton (AGAIN) or Del Rio.

Depending on how long they intend to keep Evolution together, I think Orton with the belts and Rollins with the case would be the most interesting outcome from MitB.

Brock would still be my top pick to be champ going forward.

I think the major problem is just how small the list of credible challengers for the title is right now. Everyone is either not ready or boring.

PInk Tape

Banned
I wonder who the big Barry Windham mark is
Bj0ZQma.gif

Whoever it was probably searched for "momfuckingguys" too.

Reigns tries too hard to seem "cool" and "badass" and comes off as a doofus in promos instead.

Yup. He should just stick to basic promo stuff for now.

Ithil

Depending on how long they intend to keep Evolution together, I think Orton with the belts and Rollins with the case would be the most interesting outcome from MitB.

Brock would still be my top pick to be champ going forward.

I think the major problem is just how small the list of credible challengers for the title is right now. Everyone is either not ready or boring.

Orton absolutely bombed as heel champion this last run, I don't think he should touch a world title again.
If they'd actually gone through with the Sheamus heel turn they could have rehabilitated him as a major heel by now, maybe in Evolution. Then you'd have had an easy feud for when Bryan returns.

Top Bottom