• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Sorry Adam Rose. From this week's Observer:

Adam Rose being off Raw this week is an indication already that they are cooling off on the character. Vince McMahon, who makes all the key choices, isn’t the easiest one to get to accept new people as main players. He’s said not to be completely sold on any of the recent characters. Bo Dallas’ push is still continuing on almost every show. Kevin Dunn apparently buried Rose and Vince isn’t sold on him either. That’s why Paige has the title but little character developmental has been done her. Dunn right now is a huge proponent of Fox, so her gimmick will continue to be featured.

Sblargh

Banned
B-b-but Vince...! He is a not a Main Player, he is a fun midcarder, just like Bo. And Paige was completely defanged. Goddamn it.

"So, we took good characters and made they suck, now they suck, so we'll get this crazy Alicia Fox gimmick that could work in small doses and let her do it 5 times a week until it sucks too. And then John Cena, because nothing works like John Cena! *10.000 people chanting 'John Cena sucks'*. Ah, yes, good old reliable John Cena."

Jesus fuck. Assholes.

Alucard

Banned
Michael Elgin with a shaved head.
tumblr_n6vsnjM4QD1rwax6fo2_400.jpg

I wish they just would've shaved the mullet and kept the hair on top at least. But this can work. Looking forward to his match with Cole at Best in the World on Sunday, June 22nd.

somedevil

According to Alvarez Brock has 24 dates starting from WrestleMania going to the next one. So right now he has 22 dates remaining so I doubt he is going to show up to win the title. They can probably get more but in turn brock gets a lot more money. Expect him after battleground in July.

Also, can't wait till Dunn is gone from the show.

Sblargh

Banned
I was thinking about how Alicia Fox could tone it down a bit to make that a stable and enduring character, you know? We already know what she is capable of, we know she can snap, her maneirisms in the ring are great, she is doing well, but man, they're really burning her out. You can't shove the same joke down people's throats 2 or 3 times a week.

Make her almost snap, make people worried that she will snap, let her stay on the edge for some time and when people are feeling comfortable, then have her go crazy and stir shit up. Rinse, repeat. Not even sitcoms based on insane characters like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia hit the crazy button every show.

All this focus on having TV Writers and a TV Producer and they can't grasp the basics of a weekly, much less a bi-weekly, TV show.

B-b-but Vince...! He is a not a Main Player, he is a fun midcarder, just like Bo. And Paige was completely defanged. Goddamn it.

"So, we took good characters and made they suck, now they suck, so we'll get this crazy Alicia Fox gimmick that could work in small doses and let her do it 5 times a week until it sucks too. And then John Cena, because nothing works like John Cena! *10.000 people chanting 'John Cena sucks'*. Ah, yes, good old reliable John Cena."

Jesus fuck. Assholes.
vince-mcmahon-o.gif

Kaladin

I was thinking about how Alicia Fox could tone it down a bit to make that a stable and enduring character, you know? We already know what she is capable of, we know she can snap, her maneirisms in the ring are great, she is doing well, but man, they're really burning her out. You can't shove the same joke down people's throats 2 or 3 times a week.

Make her almost snap, make people worried that she will snap, let her stay on the edge for some time and when people are feeling comfortable, then have her go crazy and stir shit up. Rinse, repeat. Not even sitcoms based on insane characters like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia hit the crazy button every show.

All this focus on having TV Writers and a TV Producer and they can't grasp the basics of a weekly, much less a bi-weekly, TV show.

tumblr_m5ub39FSs51qjvgvto1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
According to Alvarez Brock has 24 dates starting from WrestleMania going to the next one. So right now he has 22 dates remaining so I doubt he is going to show up to win the title. They can probably get more but in turn brock gets a lot more money. Expect him after battleground in July.

Also, can't wait till Dunn is gone from the show.

Why? Outside of that Reigns botch, Dunn is honestly too good for WWE.

Alicia Fox should just completely lose it some time and evolve into Annie Clark's gimmick from her new album. Einstein hair and futuristic clothing.

St-Vincent-560x245.jpg

G-Fex

I have an idea. Let Alicia pummel some guy wrestlers, then everyone will realize she's a dangerous threat to everyone not just the guys at ringside! :O

P.S. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I WANNA TAKE U 4 A RIDE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm going to use my years of watching professional wrestling experience here and critique something that I just seriously thought about on Raw.

Ok, so the whole angle is that The Shield were a cohesive unit, and they were one of the two most powerful stables in current WWE. Them and Wyatts. Ok, I got it. Then Rollins betrayed them. Ok, I got it. So, the main event is The Shield and John Cena vs The Wyatt family. The Shield lost one of thier members. They lost a major pipe that makes up their wrestling machine. Ok? Ok. Michael Cole talks about how Cena isn't there to help the shield. He's there because he hates Bray. Fine, whatever. They have been wrestling with the same three guys for 2 years, and now they're missing one. They are taking on another three guys who are basically the willing devotees of Bray's. They are as cohesive of a unit as you can get.

Why the fuck did The Shield and Cena win? How does this further your Rollins feud? Rollins calls himself the architect for whatever reason. The theory is that he builds the plans, he comes up with the strategies, whatever. So without Rollins, why weren't they running around like a chicken with their head cut off? If not that, shouldn't they have had moments where they expected a Rollins to do a dive and he didn't because he wasn't there? Why did Ambrose know to do them? Why didn't Cena try to fight the Wyatt family by himself? Why wasn't there turmoil?

In what world should the Wyatts have lost? ESPECIALLY when you're bringing Bray back already, and let's be honest, he is currently your only real, active heel. Orton's a joke, Triple H is part-time and probably taking a break to let Rollins do his work, ADR is a complete joke, etc etc.

Simple tag team booking time.
The tag team champions should ALWAYS beat two random partners. Even if those two partners are the mid-card champ and main event champ. Because they don't have that tag team history. Now if you build up the mid-card and main event champ AS a tag team then yes they can beat the tag champions. But Cena nad Shield have no history tagging together. The Usos, as much as I hate them, should beat John Cena and Randy Orton.

On the other hand, John Cena should always beat the tag team champion one on one(of course he does, but let's pretend i'm saying anyone in Cena's position). How hard is this? Why does WWE like to sit and spin with their storylines?
tumblr_n67pbq5ZzD1qec8dto1_250.gif

Its great he has at least one fan when everyone else hates his guts. The man was behind the whole king sheamus crap as well.

And Vince was behind signing and giving Khali the title. What's your point?

I'm going to use my years of watching professional wrestling experience here and critique something that I just seriously thought about on Raw.

Ok, so the whole angle is that The Shield were a cohesive unit, and they were one of the two most powerful stables in current WWE. Them and Wyatts. Ok, I got it. Then Rollins betrayed them. Ok, I got it. So, the main event is The Shield and John Cena vs The Wyatt family. The Shield lost one of thier members. They lost a major pipe that makes up their wrestling machine. Ok? Ok. Michael Cole talks about how Cena isn't there to help the shield. He's there because he hates Bray. Fine, whatever. They have been wrestling with the same three guys for 2 years, and now they're missing one. They are taking on another three guys who are basically the willing devotees of Bray's. They are as cohesive of a unit as you can get.

Why the fuck did The Shield and Cena win? How does this further your Rollins feud? Rollins calls himself the architect for whatever reason. The theory is that he builds the plans, he comes up with the strategies, whatever. So without Rollins, why weren't they running around like a chicken with their head cut off? If not that, shouldn't they have had moments where they expected a Rollins to do a dive and he didn't because he wasn't there? Why did Ambrose know to do them? Why didn't Cena try to fight the Wyatt family by himself? Why wasn't there turmoil?

In what world should the Wyatts have lost? ESPECIALLY when you're bringing Bray back already, and let's be honest, he is currently your only real, active heel. Orton's a joke, Triple H is part-time and probably taking a break to let Rollins do his work, ADR is a complete joke, etc etc.

I was left wondering the same thing. The Shield is supposed to be 3 very specific guys, if you remove one, they're not the same. Reigns, Ambrose and Cena winning is, like most things in WWE, just bad storytelling. It would have been great babyface booking to give Ambrose and especially Reigns doubt as to whether they'll ever be as good without Rollins and show them struggle until they can pull it together and win the feud down the line.

From the Observer;

"New Japan is looking to bring in Ricochet as a regular in the role as a babyface top foreign junior heavyweight that Devitt had for many years."

Great news for Ricochet and the New Japan Jr's division.

somedevil

And Vince was behind signing and giving Khali the title. What's your point?

The problem is Vince and Dunn right now with stuff like giving Khali the title, the start and stop pushes. Them calling Cesaro boring and all those rewrites.

If Angle debuted now compared to 1999 he wouldn't have made it.

Kaladin

I was left wondering the same thing. The Shield is supposed to be 3 very specific guys, if you remove one, they're not the same. Reigns, Ambrose and Cena winning is, like most things in WWE, just bad storytelling. It would have been great babyface booking to give Ambrose and especially Reigns doubt as to whether they'll ever be as good without Rollins and show them struggle until they can pull it together and win the feud down the line.

They teamed with Cena though who is playing the Hogan Card against The Wyatt Family now. That basically says any random team of babyfaces wins vs The Wyatt Family as long as Cena is on the team. Any animosity or issues the other team members have at the time is secondary to this effect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The problem is Vince and Dunn right now with stuff like giving Khali the title, the start and stop pushes. Them calling Cesaro boring and all those rewrites.

If Angle debuted now compared to 1999 he wouldn't have made it.

Dunn as a TV production guy, which is his role, is one of the best around. He's what makes WWE not look rinky dink like it used to. He makes professional wrestling look like much more of a spectacle than it actually is.

I know very few people who liked the Adam Rose gimmick. Even checking WWE's facebook, people hated the gimmick. He got little to no reaction, and the only good thing he did was make people pop for Swagger, so I guess there's a mission accomplished htere. The only people I know who like Adam Rose are people who like everything NXT regardless of quality. Even when he was doing the bounty hunter gimmick, he was a pretty average wrestler with yet another 'badass' gimmick. Like we don't have enough of those. He's also up there in age and likely doesn't have long-term staying value for a guy who's fresh.

The only mistake they made in getting rid of Rose was not letting Swagger dress up as the bunny and break his ankle to send him off TV since they're doing a decent job establishing Swagger. And honestly, Cesaro was getting nowhere with the US title 'rugy hooligan' gimmick. He didn't start getting over in a big way until they put him with Zeb, so they were absolutely right.

somedevil

Some interesting news:

The talk this week was of fast tracking Kalisto to the main roster by the end of the year. The company feels the need to have a Latino babyface star and they’ve clearly given up on Sin Cara and Los Matadores as anything more than prelim level

Also, the whole feud for the shield seems to be right now Rollins is going to face Ambrose while Reigns go into the money in the bank.

They teamed with Cena though who is playing the Hogan Card against The Wyatt Family now. That basically says any random team of babyfaces wins vs The Wyatt Family as long as Cena is on the team. Any animosity or issues the other team members have at the time is secondary to this effect.

Except for when he, Sheamus, and Big E lost to the Wyatts the night after WrestleMania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From the Observer;

"New Japan is looking to bring in Ricochet as a regular in the role as a babyface top foreign junior heavyweight that Devitt had for many years."

Great news for Ricochet and the New Japan Jr's division.

Great news indeed.

Ricochet in the G1? Be still my heart!

Kaladin

I feel like it won't be long before we see Ricochet in a WWE ring.

Just....please give him a new name. He needs a character name as opposed to a one dimensional name that describes his in ring style.

Top Bottom