• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

TSnJZKC.jpg

Alucard

Banned

Were you frustrated with your creative direction?
What were you told about your character's direction?
What was it like working with Albert?

Umm...that's probably all I want to know about Brodus.

Also, why do World Cup camera men only focus on good-looking women? Watching soccer makes you think that only stereotypically "beautiful" people watch it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who gives a shit about Brodus Clay enough to watch a shoot? Like seriously. What accomplishments does he have in the short time he was there?

Alucard

Banned
Who gives a shit about Brodus Clay enough to watch a shoot? Like seriously. What accomplishments does he have in the short time he was there?

$(KGrHqV,!o8E9c+!dofPBPkI,,c,Cw~~60_35.jpg

I own this. It's five bucks on the ROH site. Although I suppose Marc Mero will be remembered more than Brodus 20 years from now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unfortunately, Marc Mero had a decent length career and even went to multiple promotions. All Brodus Clay's ass has is WWE for like 6 years where he basically did nothing. Probably didn't make any waves.

Truthfully, Brodus Clay could have never existed, and nothing would have changed. Also, that dude is in his 40s.

Zach

Yeah, just an idea, Google docs is pretty easy to do. Are you putting ECW events into the mix when they show up?

That's the plan. And I'm fast approaching Raw's debut, yeah? I'm definitely not going to review them, but I'm kind of maybe possibly considering potentially probably watching those. I'm an idiot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm struggling to find a link on my phone, but RF once released a shoot with an indie ring rat. Yeah.

Reminds me of the story ICP told about the ring rat they got with, how all she wanted to do was ask questions about Buff Bagwell. Funny shit.

strobogo

Banned
Simon Dean talking about Kanyon

Another video that depresses the fuck out of me.

If all that Undertaker shit turned out to be legit plus giving him one of the worst chairshots to the head since Stevie Richards hit one to JBL then..I don't know what to say. Undertaker can fuck off for letting that happen knowing how much sway he has for storylines.

And here's the chair shot. Disgusting.

I don't like this post at all.

Since we're on the subject of Inoki,
I've done my research. I've recently watched a bunch of his matches due to my boy Jack Brisco being involved in them, and I've come to one conclusion.... Inoki matches are boring, and I can't finish a single one of them.

He did have a good look though.

EDIT: WARLORD KICKED OUT OF THE SPLASH. WARLORD KICKED OUT OF THE SPLASH
a.gif

Sunny, I'm beginning to understand what you mean about the muscle shaming. All the IWC is like 'eh warlord sucks. eh he's just a roid hoss who can't do any moves not like my favorite wrestle chris candido ehhhhh' but he's awesome. He's solid and he has an amazing look, and sometimes that's all it takes. He just perfectly suplexed Tenta and did an easy bodyslam on him. Simple big man match, but the crowd was eating it up.

Inoki was fucking dope. Which Inoki matches were you watching? Late mid-late 70s through mid to late 80s Inoki was boss. Even into the 90s he was still doing good stuff. Like his match with Regal in 1994 in WCW and the match with Vader where Vader tried to legit shoot murder him with the grossest German suplex of all time, which was directly animated into the AKI games.

Were people in the WWF for as long as they are now without doing anything? I mean I can't remember anyone having a job for 6 years during the 90s without really doing anything.

Aiii

So not worth it
Forgot I sent that, but something something France wins something something. Glad you're enjoying your day man.

I think this will likely be more pointless than Kaitlin's shoot.

I would like to see Kaitlyn's shoot. The mistreatment of women in WWE along with the inherent bitchyness of a lockerroom with 14 people fighting over just two three minute match spots should be entertaining enough. Also, I am pretty sure that Kaitlyn/AJ/Eve formed a group opposite The Bellas which should be interesting stuff.

As for France, they played well, but they are not going all the way so I'm good :D

strobogo

Banned
Some roided up dudes that were pretty rad: LOD (before 1992 or so), Powers of Pain, much of Bulldog's career, Scott Steiner, Scott Steiner, Scott Steiner, Sid before 1995, Mr. Wonderful, Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior.

Were people in the WWF for as long as they are now without doing anything? I mean I can't remember anyone having a job for 6 years during the 90s without really doing anything.
Neither can I, but they would probably just go to WCW. Talent these days don't really have the option to go to another successful promotion.

I would like to see Kaitlyn's shoot. The mistreatment of women in WWE along with the inherent bitchyness of a lockerroom with 14 people fighting over just two three minute match spots should be entertaining enough. Also, I am pretty sure that Kaitlyn/AJ/Eve formed a group opposite The Bellas which should be interesting stuff.

As for France, they played well, but they are not going all the way so I'm good :D
Yeah, you're right, I'm sure there was a bunch of BS going on.

did the cunts... i mean, the French played already?
They did and they won. You and Aiii are gonna get along well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Going by Kanyon's shoot, Undertaker seemingly didn't have any problems with Kanyon. He had problems with Page and Kanyon suffered as a result. That said, I'm sure there's tons of people who DID have a problem with Kanyon back then. I bet Benoit did, call it a hunch going by the shoot stores I've heard about Benoit and his testosterone infested self.

I would bet money Kanyon told Undertaker to hit him as hard as possible with that chair. Big Evil Undertaker was always stiff as fuck with the chairs, and that's why they always put him with guys like Dreamer who could take it. Kanyon was the same guy who volunteered to fall off the Triple Cage. Kanyon was the guy who volunteered to wrestle Mike Awesome and let Mike kill him repeatedly.

No, I'd bet you money Kanyon told Taker to wail on him with that chair.

How have video games gone 30+ years without someone else calling something "Destiny". I mean surely some random D&D RPG from the early 90's called it self that or something

Watching Austin vs Steamboat from Clash...something. I don't think I've ever seen this match, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Has it been confirmed that Prince Devitt has been signed with WWE?

Only by the dirtsheets. There likely won't be any word from Devitt or WWE until he's got his visa and can report to the Performance Centre.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Austin vs Steamboat from Clash...something. I don't think I've ever seen this match, so hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

That feud's weird because Austin was feuding with Duggan at the same time sort of. This was when WCW saw he had potential for sure because they kept giving him promo time after all his matches.
austinhooooqhs39.gif

i'm gonna watch the basketball tonight. as someone who doesn't follow the sport, reading about Lebron being the best and then watching the matches and see him and his team getting obliterated is hilarious.

I forgot how verbose JR was in WCW. He just busted out 'pugnacious', which probably hasn't ever appeared on Vince's word of the week calendar and therefore doesn't exist in the WWE Universe.

strobogo

Banned
That feud's weird because Austin was feuding with Duggan at the same time sort of. This was when WCW saw he had potential for sure because they kept giving him promo time after all his matches.
austinhooooqhs39.gif

He was feuding with Steamboat and then Steamboat got hurt and had to vacate the title (and retire), so Jim Duggan was plugged into that spot, won the title from Austin in like 15 seconds, and beat him every time for a couple of months and Austin moved on to being a full on jobber to the stars right after it. They weren't concurrent feuds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One wrestler I've never got the appeal of; Greg Valentine.

Direct me to a good match of his, WrassleGAF, if such a thing exists.

I thought his feud with Garvin was pretty ok. Though it felt REALLY territories era feud while still in WWF. Kinda cool but weird.

strobogo

Banned
One wrestler I've never got the appeal of; Greg Valentine.

Direct me to a good match of his, WrassleGAF, if such a thing exists.

I enjoy his matches with Tito Santana and Bob Backlund. His best match is against Piper at Starrcade 1983. Dog collar match. Best match of either career and likely the best dog collar match. It's brutal.

Just stumbled upon this small interview-snippet from a Roddy Piper shoot and it puts the whole character-dynamic in the Legends House a bit into perspective:

Pat Patterson molested Roddy Piper

The title's rather inflammatory and not accurate btw., Piper never directly says that Patterson molested him, but he insinuates something along that line. Has anybody seen the full shoot, or hasn't it been released yet?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just stumbled upon this small interview-snippet from a Roddy Piper shoot and it puts the whole character-dynamic in the Legends House a bit into perspective:

Pat Patterson molested Roddy Piper

The title's rather inflammatory and not accurate btw., Piper never directly says that Patterson molested him, but he insinuates something along that line. Has anybody seen the full shoot, or hasn't it been released yet?

It's been released, but Piper suffers more from revisionist history than even Hulk Hogan himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoy his matches with Tito Santana and Bob Backlund. His best match is against Piper at Starrcade 1983. Dog collar match. Best match of either career and likely the best dog collar match. It's brutal.

I'll watch this. I'm curious too.

Zach

I forgot how verbose JR was in WCW. He just busted out 'pugnacious', which probably hasn't ever appeared on Vince's word of the week calendar and therefore doesn't exist in the WWE Universe.

He says pugnacious often. He just said it again (watching Halloween Havoc '92, which I believe is my second run-in with a smark crowd).

Edit: Also notable is that Jesse Ventura said something about not liking Shane Douglas because "he looks like one of those right-wing Republicans." I'm sure that pissed a lot of people off. Heh heh... Oh, and I wonder if that's why I got the "not the views of WWE" or whatever disclaimer before this PPV...

Top Bottom