• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate Surfer Sting, on further inspection, the black tights with pink accents and bleach blonde hair is a hot look.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
rickrudewagass10.gif

Fighting games suck. and 1 sucks. and 3 sucks.

4 sucks as well. The P2 games though, that is where it is at.

Daniel Bryan was given the ball. Then, he went on honeymoon with the ball, gave bad promos with the ball, and injured himself tripping over the ball. So, the ball was taken away from him.

Joke post aside, I always did think it was a bad move on his part to have his honeymoon right after Mania. I mean, he's not doing anything right now...

Joke post aside, I always did think it was a bad move on his part to have his honeymoon right after Mania. I mean, he's not doing anything right now...

Well, that was supposed to be the only problem after Mania. Do the honeymoon, and that's it. (which was filmed for Total Divas so it was only half "time off") His father dying, Kane storyline, and very real injury are not his fault.

Well, let's be honest here. He probably thought when he booked his honeymoon that he would be getting done with another Wrestlemania match with Sheamus, not winning the title. Of course, the fact he was on a honeymoon didn't mean he couldn't be on TV via a pretape or something. But, that'd make too much sense.

Oh, and post-WM feud with Kane is just part of the hazing process as a new champ. Even Austin had to go through it.

Striker

Yeah, I've heard that too. And then I heard that they don't want to put him with Ziggler because they don't see anything in him.
But they put Zeb Colter and Paul Heyman with guys like Curtis Axel and Jack Swagger.

Honestly, I'm surprised he's as over as he is now considering the lack of direction he has had and how often he just goes out there to lose.

Oh, and post-WM feud with Kane is just part of the hazing process as a new champ. Even Austin had to go through it.
Sort of, but once HBK left, the only ideal guys Austin could feud with is Kane and/or Taker. Foley was a face and Rock didn't get his eventual push until that Fall.

gurudyne

Dolph has kinda had all of that though. I think they've really tried to make Dolph work, but he's always just meh.

I enjoyed his work with AJ and Big E. That was largely them hanging out backstage doing character interactions/nothing important until (competitor or feud) intruded. Small things, but they helped the show.

Yeah, I've heard that too. And then I heard that they don't want to put him with Ziggler because they don't see anything in him.

My sources (lolitsGAF) say it's because hey don't want two loose cannons together, especially when one is Flair. And I refuse to believe anyone sees anything in the Miz other than an E-tier actor and a B-tier PR mouthpiece.

How far we've come indeed, Kane main events in 2002 and still in 2014.
Seriously though, that 2002 bit right there dealt a deadly blow to Kane's character that would never truly recover, if only he were a kayfabe murderer.

I enjoyed his work with AJ and Big E. That was largely them hanging out backstage doing character interactions/nothing important until (competitor or feud) intruded. Small things, but they helped the show.

My sources (lolitsGAF) say it's because hey don't want two loose cannons together, especially when one is Flair. And I refuse to believe anyone sees anything in the Miz other than an E-tier actor and a B-tier PR mouthpiece.

I can't believe HHH would sign off on pairing a wrestling God with a nobody. It just doesn't make sense.

Sblargh

Banned
I like Ziggler as a midcarder. He is fun in small doses. I just really dislike this notion that someone who has what it takes to be in a certain position of the card isn't because he is whiny on twitter. It's one thing to do a PR screw up on twitter; it is another to just be annoying.

Ugh, back to back Bundy and Abdullah matches. There's some cool stuff going on in early '85 New Japan (like the Super Strong Machines) but I can't wait for Hulk to show up next month and save Fujinami from these terrible matches. All Japan's definitely putting on a better quality, less gaijin-heavy show at this point.

How is Ziggler whiny? Most of what I've seen is just poking fun at himself and the whole situation. It's all pretty innocuous compared to the stuff Punk did that gets hailed as "great".

strobogo

Banned
How is Ziggler whiny? Most of what I've seen is just poking fun at himself and the whole situation. It's all pretty innocuous compared to the stuff Punk did that gets hailed as "great".

The stuff that Punk did on screen as part of a storyline? Do people really think the pipe bomb was a for real legit shook legit shoot?

Zach

I love Dolph Ziggler.

Coming from a guy that doesn't pay attention to Twitter or even watch much current WWE. :D

Sblargh

Banned
Wow. lol.

lolWWE said:
Amy Zidian's tenure with the company deserves its own entry. After she was called up to Smackdown to serve as Jimmy Wang Yang's valet, she proceeded to immediately endear herself to the rest of the Divas by mockingly asking Layla if she was upset that Zidian, who'd finished in eighth place in the same Diva Search that Layla had won, was getting a push while she was "collecting dust", then upset Kristal by making fun of her hair extensions.
As if that wasn't bad enough, Zidian's next move was to ask Vickie Guerrero how, based on her looks, she was able to get a job as a Diva. Guerrero responded that since she was "not pretty enough", she should leave "your (Zidian's) locker room". Zidian genuinely didn't know who Vickie was or why she was an on-screen talent, something that five minutes of research would've cleared up for her. Her ignorance was not appreciated by others. There was a push to fire her based on it, but John Laurinaitis (yes, him again, he always shows up in these situations) persuaded everyone to give her another chance.
This second chance went even worse than the first one did. Stephanie McMahon spoke to Zidian, attempting to give her some advice on proper backstage behavior. In front of a crowd and with attitude in her voice, Zidian asked Stephanie who she was to be giving out advice. Yes, you read that right. She didn't know who one of her bosses was! Zidian's reaction to learning Stephanie's identity was not apologetic, and her fate was sealed. She lasted barely a month. Laurinaitis, who was responsible for all this by calling her up in the first place, unsurprisingly kept his job.

That's probably the only Ziggler criticism that I don't completely understand. If anything, I think he thinks he's funnier and cooler than he actually is.

Sblargh

Banned
Hey, I'm not even saying Ziggler is whiny or that this is the reason why he doesn't get more opportunities, but when dirt sheetz reports stuff like that, a lot of people go "yeah, it makes sense".

All I'm saying is, if it is true, then it is shitty.

Hey, I'm not even saying Ziggler is whiny or that this is the reason why he doesn't get more opportunities, but when dirt sheetz reports stuff like that, a lot of people go "yeah, it makes sense".

All I'm saying is, if it is true, then it is shitty.

It is very easy to write the dirt sheets for exactly this stupid reason. They just write to everyone's expectations and then get to follow that up examining why "plans changed" every time they're wrong.

But they're still treated as gospel so who gives a fuck really.

strobogo

Banned
If only that were all of it.

I don't even understand the argument. People have been saying Punk acts like an asshole for over a decade now. Everything he's said that's made him "great" were things on screen, as part of a storyline. Not bitching about jobbing on Twitter. I can't believe how easily Punk worked smarks into thinking he was saying whatever he wanted and wasn't part of the storyline, with ideas given to him by writers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fave Five Members of the Alliance to End Hulkamania

5. Double A
4. Ric Flair
3. The Ultimate Solution
2. Meng
1. Ze Gangsta

I don't even understand the argument. People have been saying Punk acts like an asshole for over a decade now. Everything he's said that's made him "great" were things on screen, as part of a storyline. Not bitching about jobbing on Twitter. I can't believe how easily Punk worked smarks into thinking he was saying whatever he wanted and wasn't part of the storyline, with ideas given to him by writers.

What's the distinction between Ziggler making a throwaway joke on twitter and Punk seriously thinking that him vs Cena should main event over Cena/Rock? One draws the ire of "smarks" the other is lubricant for them.

It would be really great if Reigns acted like he gave a shit about what was happening instead of doing his insufferable "too cool for school" routine.

Gorillaz

It would be really great if Reigns acted like he gave a shit about what was happening instead of doing his insufferable "too cool for school" routine.

but....he is that's his appeal

when was the last time someone in WWE tried it and it actually "worked"? it usually falls flat on it's face after like 2 weeks for most

strobogo

Banned
Stro, you should review those old WWF episodes of "Fear Factor."

That's a good idea. And maybe WCW Family Feud.

What's the distinction between Ziggler making a throwaway joke on twitter and Punk seriously thinking that him vs Cena should main event over Cena/Rock? One draws the ire of "smarks" the other is lubricant for them.

Because Ziggler makes jokes about how he jobs all the time, takes shots at his coworkers, and generally acts like a passive-aggressive cry baby on Twitter all day. Punk went to Vince personally with his issues and they made it into an on screen angle where Punk was (allegedly) the top guy from then on. You really don't see a difference in how they handled their problems?

Because Ziggler makes jokes about how he jobs all the time, takes shots at his coworkers, and generally acts like a passive-aggressive cry baby on Twitter all day. Punk went to Vince personally with his issues and they made it into an on screen angle where Punk was (allegedly) the top guy from then on. You really don't see a difference in how they handled their problems?

I'm not talking about how they're handling their problems because I don't assume to know exactly how they do that. I'm talking about the response between how one man makes dumb jokes that are construed as whining and the other makes dumb comments that are taken as gospel by some.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not talking about how they're handling their problems because I don't assume to know exactly how they do that. I'm talking about the response between how one man makes dumb jokes that are construed as whining and the other makes dumb comments that are taken as gospel by some.

What comments? Who takes them as gospel? I for real have no idea what you're talking about. All the things Punk has said were said on screen as part of a story line and if people believed he was shooting, that's on them.

Top Bottom